Will the Seekers show up?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by TranstechCat, Jul 8, 2010.

1. TranstechCat

TranstechCat Cybernetic Chimpanzee

What do you think are the chances of the other Seekers (Skywarp/Thundercracker/Dirge/Ramjet/Thrust/etc...) showing up in TF3?

It's kind of ironic that the one Decepticon body-form that hasn't shown up multiple times in the movie-verse is the one most known for doing so in other continuities.

And while I'm on the subject of movie-verse Seekers, who else would love to see the deluxe-class Starscream mold (protoform version) repainted into the others? I'm honestly kind of surprised that it hasn't already happened...

2. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    I'd welcome if they generally introduce some stuff to the movie universe in the third installment which are known of the franchises past incarnations, as a kind of fan service. The general public will accept it and the fans would be pleased at last. At least a part of them :D 

3. springerbee

springerbee Well-Known Member

No. It'll be too confusing to the general audience, and they're confused enough already.

4. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    i dont think so. bay hates seekers and dinobots.

5. TranstechCat

I'd heard the Dinobots thing, but where did he say he hates Seekers? :confused: 

6. SoundFire Prime

SoundFire Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thundercracker's showed up numerous times in the movie tie-in comics, so I'd like to think that we'll eventually see him make the big screen. But given how little Michael Bay seems to give a shit about the comics, I'd say chances are slim to none. If he did care about the comics, the Fallen would have been introduced in the movie still in his sarcophagus instead of just...there.

7. Thepower911

Thepower911 Decepticon

I would love to see it, Starscream comes with with his seekers friends, after the shockwave chooses himself to be decepticon leader, and megatron dies. All three groups would be fighting Autobots, Decepticons, and The Seekers. Michael Bay Style!!!!

8. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    If this is the last Bay film, then it's the last chance to see if they finally show up, but highly unlikely since we already have Starscream.

9. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    i just made that up. but he hates alot of stuff.

10. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movies Fan/Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    ramejt is dead and the movieverse seekrs are odl trnasformers

11. SharkyMcShark

SharkyMcShark Hi. I'm better than you

News Credits:
    Yeah the seekers are the old transformers like Jetfire, Ransack, and the told Model T that was shown in Simmons' basement.

12. Alienbot

Alienbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I hope so! In ROTF we saw a Hudson train, the Ford Model T and a B-24, I'd love these to be Astrotrain, Kup and Lugnut, and maybe we can have Blitzwing as a Panzer tank.

13. Prime82

Prime82 Optimus knows all

Um did everyone forget when wheelie showed where the seekers are that there were others besides jetfire? so it isnt ruled out.

14. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

Random beams that none are pointing at Washington.:rolleyes: 

Wheelie seems to imply the Decepticons always knew about Earth.

Which means Earth was the last place they thought the Allspark would be. This brings to question the circumstances how it got to our solar system.

It may have not been a random event. There are also hints of TF involvement during the space race. Something tells me the Decepticon Seekers weren't the only ones on Earth. There could be a group of Autobots not under Prime's command impeding the Decepticon search. Sort of TF Cybertron where there are TF Earth natives.

15. TranstechCat

Just to clarify:

I meant "Seeker" in the "Starscream Clone" sense.

Characters like Skywarp, Ramjet, Thundercracker, Acid Storm, Dirge, Sunstorm, and Thrust who traditionally share Starscream's body-form.

Also, I don't consider the comics to be canon, so using "so-and-so showed up in the comics" or "what's-his-name died in Reign of Starscream" as an excuse for why they couldn't appear isn't a valid reason to me. It's been pretty well shown that comic continuity =/= movie continuity.

Arcee is a good example. They used her in the tie-in fiction for TF1, then when she showed up (in a completely different form) in ROTF they had to quickly retcon in a reason why the character was suddenly so different.

Ravage was going to play a big part in the post-ROTF comics, then they made the decision to kill him in the film at the last minute. Once again, retcons and rewrites had to be quickly thrown in to salvage all those plotlines.

If the higher-ups want, say Ramjet in TF3, then it doesn't make two licks of difference that he's "dead" in the movie-comic continuity. You can be 100% certain that he'd be in the movie, and some comic-writer would bring him back to life to "explain" his presence.

16. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Seekers as in Thundercracker and skywarp. NO.

Seekers as in old transformers then YES!

17. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would to see Thundercracker and Skywarp in the third movie.

But I'm not getting my hopes up.

18. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    i think it'd be pretty cool to rope the rest of the seekers in. but if they do it with continuity, they could end up being a bunch of crotchety old farts. but not necessarily. jetfire could have been the oldest. the Fallen was old as f*ck and he kicked ass.

19. TranstechCat

Well, they don't have to call them Seekers, since that term has a different meaning in the movie-verse.

I just find it odd that they have "Decepti-clones" running around all over the place, but the one bot it makes sense for they're strangely avoiding.

20. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    which reminds me

i wonder how the Leader Starscream toy would look in Skywarp colors <3