Will the PC version of the TF game be any good?

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Lateralus, Jun 18, 2007.

1. Lateralus

Lateralus Well-Known Member

This is really bothering me. I'd like to get it because it's cheaper than the consoles and my computer would handle it well, yet I'm concerned because it's a online Target exclusive. It's possible it could be a gimmicky cheap and rushed port of the console version and could be very unstable and have crappy controls. What do you guys thin. Would I bet better off paying 10 more dollars for the PS2 version (I'm not a serious enough gamer to own any next-gen equipment).

2. DilaZirK

DilaZirK Is bullheaded.

News Credits:
    Hmm, I would wait for reviews.

But the PC version is coming out a little later than the console ones, so it's a little tempting to get the PS2 one earlier. The PC version would most probably look better than the PS2 version though.

3. Lateralus

Maybe I should get it latter so I don't spoil the movie...but I know how the plot generally unfolds...not to mention the game only loosely follows the movie....but I can't freaking wait. I feel like a little kid again.

4. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Console inferior, PC superior

*cough* sorry there, my bias was starting to show >_>

I have to say though, despite my PC being FAR superior...I'll still most likely end up with the CE 360 version instead.

5. Lateralus

PC is superior, but the PC version of the game might be inferior due to focus on the console versions and most likely just make a half-assed port to the PC. It just makes me suspicious that it's in a very very limited release (one online store).

6. Knightsword

Knightsword Fire in the North TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    I'll be getting the pc version and likely be doing a review of it, but god I hope they don't do something really stupid and make it vista only

7. Optimus Matt

Optimus Matt Well-Known Member

it will probable be the same as the xbox 360, and its not just a target exclusive i ordered mine from ebgames and got a free poster. and it is alot cheaper. (20 bucks Canadian) and the other one are like 60.

8. Optimus Matt

Optimus Matt Well-Known Member

if you wanna see a bad xbox port get startrek legacy, the game was not even completed. there are files in it that are for the developers and say things like deleat before release and picture of the maker and his goats.

9. Lateralus

Really? I must have been mistaken. Bad intelligence report...

Uh...I don't see the PC version of EBgames....

10. Jedi2016

Jedi2016 Well-Known Member

Graphically, I imagine it would be on par with the next-gen console versions (360/PS3). Hard to say about control, though.. this sort of action game is very well suited to to a controller, doesn't seem like it would translate all that well to keyboard.

Is it confirmed that the PC version is Target-exclusive, or does Target just have the exclusive RoboVision version of the PC game, in the same way that Gamestop has the Cybertron edition of the 360 game?

11. Lateralus

Well considering Target is the only website that has the PC version period...

12. Mirage914

Mirage914 Invisible

I just hope its not the whole spider-man 2 case, where the console versions were the same but the pc version was almost completly different.

13. Lateralus

That's pretty much what makes me hesitant.

14. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    I can tell your a console guy and not a computer guy. I can do 1,000 more actions/shortcuts/movements with my keyboard that you can't with a controller.

Mouse accuracy > Controller accuracy

Besides, worse case scenario, I plug in a controller to my PC.

15. Cheetatron

Cheetatron Eh

Nextime you make a post like this please mention what game your talking about in the Opening Post.

16. ViperDragon

ViperDragon Well-Known Member

Indeed, good example of this was GTA games. I could do so much more things in those games a lot easier with the keyboard/mouse combo than when I played it on the PS2 controller. Aiming was a lot smoother and easier than with an analog controller. They should give the PC guys a demo which is what I always base my purchases of PC games on. Reviews are good but unless you get a chance to play it you are always taking a chance.

17. Lateralus

I'm pretty sure I did.

18. Cheetatron

Cheetatron Eh

^Looking at the title of this thread reveals what you were talking abou,t but I could almost swear it said either "Will the PC version of the game be any good?" or "Will the PC version be any good?" when I first looked at the thread. I have to ask did you or anyone else change the title of the thread after the fact?

19. Lateralus

Well I posted it in the Transformers Movie section so it was pertaining to that. I didn't see this sections.

20. Cheetatron

Cheetatron Eh

Ahhh I see, wish I read your reply before I went and post a movie game thread in the movie section doh!