Will the originals have new modes in TF2???

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Red leader, Feb 27, 2008.

1. Red leader

Red leader Nom Nom Nom

News Credits:
    I'm just thinking from Hasbros point of view

We've had the regular and premium versions of the Movie TFs so unless there is actually a butt load of new ones toys may be thin on the ground, kids and collectors wont pay for the same figs again in new packing.

So do you think Prime etc will transcan themselves new modes if so what would you like to see?

sorry if this one has been done before but I've never ventured into the movie thread before :dj 

2. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    I'd imagine they will have new modes; some sort of reformatting at some point in the movie. I certainly wouldn't buy the same figures all over again; newly designed moulds perhaps, but definitely not the same toys. I'm skipping the Premium line for that reason too.

3. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    It would be nice if they used the same molds again for the second movie so I wouldn't have to blow the cash, but the chances of that are slim-to-none.

4. Red leader

Red leader Nom Nom Nom

News Credits:
    Oh god! i can see the whole ''Flames on a Prime'' fiasco returning if new paint jobs are introduced ha ha!

5. Dropshot

Dropshot Transform your destiny

News Credits:
    They won't have new modes, since it's too expensive, the best chance that hasbo has, is too create new molds for old charachters.

6. Turnpike

Turnpike Brawl is my bee-otch

It goes without saying that they will indeed have new modes, for the sole reason of selling more product/merchandise/toys.
    (or in the very least keep the original designs, but alter them heavily for the same reasons as stated above)

7. Superion33

Superion33 Banned

I could see them going with neon this time around. Hasbro did it before and I can see them doing it again. "Hey, lets make Ratchet a neon green and Ironhide a black with a glowing neon design and underbody lights".

I think they stick with the old ALT modes introduced in the first movie.

One thing I want to see is more non-GM car models. GM is only going to lose more ground to Toyota this year and be replaced as the #1 in the US very soon. I see GM cutting a lot of models and even getting rid of some car brands like possibly Pontiac. I guess its kind of fitting that Jazz died since Pontiac might also die. Seeing as how the H1 and H2 might be or already are discontinued, I can see Ratchet up next on the chop block.

Come on Hasbro:

More Mitsubishi, Honda, Ford, BMW, Ferrari, Bugatti, Lamborghini, Tesla, Nissan, Toyota, Volkswaggen!

8. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I personally don't see them having new modes. New paint jobs, maybe, but not new modes entirely. For how complex the designs were for the first movie, I don't see them replacing those with new ones, that way they can concentrate on the new character's (saves some money too). I do see Hasbro making new molds for them though. Especially Starscream, who I can see getting a Leader class toy for the sequel.

9. GladiatorPrime

GladiatorPrime working on Rampage P2-V2

I dunno...toy wise, ya there will probably be new molds of the old characters.

But Personally....I think It would take away from the movie to have the old characters with new alt modes in the sequel.

10. Bendimus Prime

Bendimus Prime Rolls for initiative TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    If the original treatment is what they are going to use, they introduce enough new characters for more toys, along with new molds of the old ones.

Personally the only character I could see them changing would be Prime. Maybe have him take that huge beating from Soundwave (it was in the treatment as well), and have him come back as a fire truck. It could give some much needed size to the Autobots if he became a big ladder truck.

11. jametron

jametron Release the Kraken!!!!!!!

News Credits:
    Sounds like the best plan of action... as for the "premium" editions, what an insult. If you're going to rerelease something because it's painted better AT LEAST make me think it's special by charging more than, not the same as, the "inferior" ones. If you're gonna cum in my mouth at least by me dinner first is all I'm saying.

12. Socialvegetable

Socialvegetable Wrecker

News Credits:
    There's also the possibility of the story going back to cybertron as well, maybe through flashbacks, so maybe we'll see cybertron modes of characters like Prime and Ironhide. That would allow them to use new molds for old characters without changing their earth-alt modes, while possibly recycling old molds with minor changes/improvements.

13. Timmy 76

Timmy 76 Well-Known Member

They did for spiderman 2 & 3. i think that they will have the same modes otherwise you will have to waste time re-introducing them to everybody! hasbro will find some clever way of changing them enough to make people want them. how many different versions of G1 Prime have there been over the years and people still buy it.

:2c: 

14. bigkid24

bigkid24 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm on the fence about it. From a movie budget standpoint they have the models for the characters already so aside from improving animation or changing paint schemes it would really lower costs this time around if they keep everybody the same. Also, they would want the familiarity of old characters in the new movie while introducing new characters.

From a toy standpoint, Hasbro could repackage all the old stuff again and it would sell....but it would make for a very lackluster line. So they would have to get new molds for old favorites to really keep the line fresh...even with the intro of new characters.

Bumblebee already showed that they aren't bound to one alt mode since he easily changed into the 08 Camaro. So I guess my bet is show the old modes early in the film then change early on into new alt modes by rescanning. Best of both worlds for Hasbro.

15. jourdo

jourdo TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    This is how I feel on the subject. I'm sure there will be new modes, but it would take something away from the characters to change them for the sequel.

16. Dropshot

Dropshot Transform your destiny

News Credits:
    I certainly expect some of the auobots upgrading in some point of the movie franchise, but not in the second movie, that would be too soon and people with get confused by the change of apperance and lose the familiarity with the characters. I hope for the movie that the designs remain the same, while on the toy side, we can get new molds.

17. Superion33

Superion33 Banned

They might use the gimmic route.

Hotwheels type color change. Maybe go with the Cyber Key. Something in the movie happens that gives the robots these new gimmicks. They could kill off all the old robots like they did in the cartoon movie.

They could go the Headmasters route - Sam becomes Bumblebee's head. Simmons becomes Prime's head. Duhamel becomes Ironhide's head. The Fat Nerdy Dude becomes Frenzy's head.

Something like that...

18. diablien

diablien Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    They will most likely repaint all the molds from the 2007 movie, just like we are getting energon/cybertorn repaints in the allspark line.

It's just going to happen.

19. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My money's on the same alt modes, but differently-engineered toys. It goes without saying that Hasbro will want to sell as many as possible and I think they'd have lower sales if they re-packaged the existing molds.

20. Kenny278

Kenny278 Fort Max fan

I think they will probably modify the modes, but probably not to much so they can use the moulds.. like someone said - new gimmicks... some repaints and perhaps a new mode for one or two of them. Prime gets a battle station trailer perhaps?

How can they work it into the storyline... well having a pitchbattle in the middle of a city and needing new "disguises" would probably be a good enough reason...

I still think they should bring Jazz back... for what was primes second in command in G1... he sure got wasted easily ... would love to see (and would buy) a Nissan GTR transformer :p