Will the next TV series follow more of the G1 formula?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by chazparks, Dec 15, 2006.

1. chazparks

chazparks Well-Known Member

The Unicron trilogy seems to have these flaws.

1. Pokemonish - Got to collect them all (Minicons for Armada and Keys for Cybertron)

2. Annoying kids. They make Danny look cool.

3. The name Cyclonus doesn't strike fear.

Beast Wars/Machines and the Unicron trilogy at least bring a constant story arc to their series instead of a series of stand alone episodes.

2. Seeker

Seeker Time Lord

Ebay:
    I agree, if they get rid of those 3 pitfalls and really put the characters in a warlike situation the nest series will not be bad. I don't think the next series should be a copy of the old show but it can be inspired by it.

3. Corbet

Corbet Wanderer

I'm hoping the more mature movie rubs off on the cartoon. If the movie is good and people like it, it should help the cartoon become more popular.

4. Soundwave06

Soundwave06 Master of Espionage

I really hope not, why because I'am hoping for something new and something they have not done before.

5. chazparks

Something new and more mature would be nice so would a battle between G1 Galvatron and G1 Scorponok.

6. MagiRanger

MagiRanger Banned

Ebay:
    I'll take a consistent (and good) storyline the more recent series offer us over something boring and horribly animated like G1.

7. chazparks

I like it better when each episode builds off of the previous ones than when each episode is stand alone but there are still things G1 gets better than the Unicron trilogy.

Beast Wars is my favorite.

8. Superion33

Superion33 Banned

I think TF should not be done as an anime thing. Humans are necessary but not little kids running around acting out anime-style silly crap. The tear-drop or pull down your eye-lid type stuff with little kids taking TFs for joyrides are totally lame. At least Spike had a valid reason for riding along in a TF. The stand-alone episodes of G1 were much more fulfilling than the excruciatingly painful trilogies.

My ideas for the new TF cartoon:

Make it with less kiddy anime influences. IF anything try to make it like the Gundam series with a more mature plot.

Develop more TF to TF relationships rather than lame dry characters. IE - think of Starscream in G1 being mutinous, Mirage being depressed, Jetfire and Starscream's relationship, Grimlock's idiocty, etc - the characters weren't perfect and thats why we liked them more - they were relatable, most of the new characters are so dry - actually just look up the "TFs have mental issues" thread for great examples

No CGI style combining sequences

9. Nerd Bomber

Nerd Bomber Consulting your needs

well since it's aimed at kids it'll probably still be a "kiddy" show. something like JLA would be nice though.

10. planetjacker

planetjacker Critters burn real good. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I would like something similar to the way Beas Wars was handled. There is an overall story but not to the point where individual episodes were nonexistant. There should be a balance between the two.

11. Corbet

Corbet Wanderer

As long as it is in a consistent time slot I'll be happy. I wanted to watch Armada, Energon, and Cybertron, but did they really expect kids to wake up at 5:00 AM to watch a new episode?

12. chazparks

No, they expected their parents to set up the VCR, DVR, TiVo, ... to record it.:wink: