Will the new MP Seekers look like this...

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by fabexmax, Oct 8, 2011.

1. fabexmax

fabexmax Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If someone is a proven "insider" their lil hints and declarations should be taken with some seriousness. I'm just saying. ;) 

Anyway, stating that there is less to improve for the Seeker molds than there was in MP-01 to MP-10 is a bold statement and matter of opinion. Don't let the numbers 1-10 fool you. Out of 10 masterpieces only 5 molds exist! Lol, so from the time Takara made MP-01 they only made 4 other new figures/ new molds over what 9 years. If they think it's time for a new Prime, in a new scale, with a more advanced transformation, and able to sell at a MUCH higher price point, why the hell not take the hip kibble off the Seekers, update their alt mode, resize them so they fit in even more with MP-10 and the CHUG line, provide a few new gimmicks and accessories, and charge $150, and make the Coneheads to boot (for those Has/Tak loyal people who passed on iGears'). It's really a no brainer.

BTW Darkwing and Dreadwing being done as MP figures... Timesynch was being nice for entertaining it, but c'mon... really??? LOL. We all know that's NOT happening. Ever. EVER! Countless other characters from the mythos deserve the MASTERPIECE treatment before 2 C lister tier characters, let alone their obscure recolor options you mentioned. No offense, I have dream figures too I want in toy form too (Blitzwing) but save myself the heartache thinking they will ever be done as MPs.

2. wildfly

wildfly Fermenting pork tube.

News Credits:
    IIRC, Tcracker said Takara are still resistant to doing coneheads.

3. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    That's a shame, but it doesn't surprise me. If they won't touch someone as popular as Soundwave for MP treatment (which TCracker said they wouldn't), I guess the coneheads stand no chance. Just seems like a no-brainer to repaint & slightly re-tool a mold that's already sitting there just begging to be repainted three more times, but I suppose the costs involved outweigh the potential profit.

4. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    I just want Jetfire to happen with the new mold

5. Billzilla

Billzilla Skepticon

News Credits:
    I absolutely was not casting aspersions on TCracker, I've always known him to be a legitimate source and a nice fellow. I was suggesting that the conclusions reached by the populace at large as a result of his hints were potentially faulty. For instance, he has pretty explicitly suggested that MP-11 is not Starscream, but that has been mostly ignored. People are just parroting conclusions made by other people. I recommend interested parties read through the Speculation thread (yes, it's long. Such is the price of vigilance) and reach their own conclusions.

Regardless, this matter will likely be settled rather soon without any action from us.

6. MisterFanwank

MisterFanwank Banned

News Credits:
    Y'know, I think I'd be fine with F-14 Seekers if the bot modes look good. I think the variable wingspan could make for nice, sturdy wings behind the shoulders that aren't so bulky they get in the way.

7. fabexmax

News Credits:

I dream about this happening. If anybot deserves the MP treatment its Skyfire/ Jetfire! So many different things that can be done for him as a MP. I'd pay $200 for that.

8. REMINATOR

REMINATOR Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Add me to that wanted list!

9. Raiju

Raiju Navel Shocker Veteran

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    This was the point I was getting at but I guess I was being overly diplomatic about it, heh. Thanks for the support, fabe. XD

The alt modes for the existing MP Seekers are already fantastic, IMHO. A bit fiddly and more fragile/plastic-y than some would like, but very realistic F-15 Eagles nonetheless. The bot modes; some improvements can be made, sure, like the hip/leg kibble, and having the chest/shoulders lock into the rest of the torso better, but does it warrant an entirely new mold?

If the Seeker rumors are true, Takara apparently thinks so. But I don't recall TCracker saying MP-11 isn't Starscream (neither confirm nor deny, really). I do recall him saying that MP-11 will certainly be a plane, and a military jet at that.

If Blitzwing/Astrotrain/any-triple-changer and Jetfire/Skyfire are out, and the Coneheads are also discounted (again, according to TCracker IIRC), that leaves the list of G1 candidates relatively small. Aerialbots? Powerglide? Not likely.

That pretty much leaves the Seekers as the remaining popular choice, and considering MP-10's Prime do-over, Takara has shown they're more than willing to revisit old characters with new molds (and then milk the sh*t out of them with inevitable repaints and redeco's).

10. fabexmax

News Credits:
    What if the thing that will make G1 fans mad that TCracker spoke of is the fact that they are taking a modern plane and making THAT Jetfire! GASP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Like repainting/modding the Seeker mold into Jetfire...

11. Raiju

Raiju Navel Shocker Veteran

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    Then that would be.... weird, lol. Not necessarily a bad thing since I would LOVE a G1 Jetfire/Skyfire (I never cared for the Classics/Henkei Voyager mold -- too small with odd proportions) in scale with the original MP Seekers (that is, bigger than they are). But sadly I think TCracker already discounted the Jetfire/Skyfire rumors, if memory serves me correctly? I could be wrong (and I'm too lazy to go searching through that massive MP speculation thread).

12. Cyclonus79

Cyclonus79 Decepticon General

Ebay:
    I prefer my original 3 as that's who I grew up with plus I can't see myself buying another 3 jets for the MP line. Any other line they decide to put them in an I'll def pick them up. I do like the look.

13. brr-icy

brr-icy MP Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    skyfire was in five (six if you count dark awakening) episodes, basically a c-tier character as well, as much as i hate to admit it, he has about the same chance as dreadwind and darkwing imo.

14. MisterFanwank

MisterFanwank Banned

News Credits:
    How much of a role did he play in the comics?

And regardless, Skyfire/Jetfire is still a fan favorite and Transformers staple.

15. brr-icy

brr-icy MP Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    about the same for vintage comics, he's been around more in recent comics though

16. knoted

knoted Resistor Transistor

News Credits:
    See, they'd rank about the same as Skyfire.

The idea of existing Seeker characters with different altmodes sounds silly because that would detract from their origin.

That's also a reason why Dreadwind, Darkwing and Skyfire would be interesting : for their different altmodes.

But yeah... if it ain't happening , I sure do hope they happen in Generations or something like that.

17. OptimusTimelord

OptimusTimelord Masterpiece Reanimator

Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Yeah, see that's the thing... Seekers with different alt modes aren't 'Masterpieces' at all. I've nothing against the concept in itself; a line where classic characters get new and different alt modes (hmmm, isn't it rather CHUG actually?) but it just doesn't go in the MP line. I'm biased because Masterpiece is my fave line, and it's awesome having perfect representations of G1 characters.

Still, if this does indeed come to pass, I'll be disappointed. First a new Optimus at smaller scale (after we just had Faith Leader), and now new seekers (after the iGear coneheads/kibble-mod seekers). Makes TakTom look like they've seen the interest in third party $$ and decided to copy. Whereas to me, as owners of the brand and with much greater designers/resources, they should be doing the exact opposite - coming up with genuinely innovative different characters and ideas at Masterpiece scale.

18. Stepper

Stepper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Imagine they do a MP Skyfire,not only me a happy collectors,the rest of the world will be happy