Will the new MP Seekers look like this...

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by fabexmax, Oct 8, 2011.

1. fabexmax

fabexmax Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  2. Sinnertwin

Sinnertwin Banned

News Credits:
    Sweet christ I hope so.

3. Sinnertwin

Sinnertwin Banned

News Credits:
    Sweet christ I hope so.

4. David Hingtgen

David Hingtgen Chromaticon

News Credits:
    While the design is cool, the "not a real plane" aspect kills it for me. With the design he's got, I think it could be tweaked into an Su-27 fairly easily---he's got the wings well to the rear, and a long LERX/intake going from the wings into the nose. Intakes are an issue though, as in his design the LERX is the intake (kinda F-105 style), and is thus MUCH thicker than it is on a Flanker.

5. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    It's an old link, and that's for the IDW comics, not MP toys. And if you're asking if they will look like the IDW art, then you're in the wrong forum.

6. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I hope not, just give us the prototype SS and I'll be happy

7. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    How'd you go from looking at this to concluding that there will be new MP seekers and that they'll look like that?

Also, anybody else get a real "Animated Starscream" vibe from those legs?

8. Timesynch

Timesynch Go For Broke! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    As nice as Guido's designs are for an updated Seeker look, I doubt it. It's been hinted (from a reliable source) that the new MP-11 mold will be uber realistic (so military/plane junkies rejoice) but the choice of aircraft may or may not please diehard G1-accuracy fans outside of the bot mode.

Speculation is leaning toward an F-14 jet but who knows? The original MP Seeker mold already had a realistic F-15 alt mode so I'm not certain how it could be improved upon (barring the hip/leg kibble mod) but Takara might surprise us there. Or not. I'm a cynic. =)

9. fabexmax

News Credits:
    Sorry gents, figured it would be a good discussion piece since most people in the know, know that there are some newly designed MP Seekers coming down the pipeline from Takara. So I just wanted to start the speculation wheel turning.

We got an anime inspired Prime in MP-10, so why not these as the new Seeker molds?

Timesynch's comments are intriguing. Hmmm, wish I knew jets so I'd know the difference between an F14 and 15. Wasn't G1 a Tomcat? Is that a F-15?

10. MisterFanwank

MisterFanwank Toy Industry Analyst

News Credits:
    This is the wrong place for discussion on the possible design of future toys? Really? That seems... Odd. It is the toy discussion forum, after all.

From what I can tell we have no indication that these are NOT going to be used as the reference art for the next MP Seeker mold.

EDIT: Heh, 666th post.

11. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

Based on the existing MP series, the characters have been loyal to their appearance to G1, either the G1 toyline or the G1 cartoon. E.g. Grimlock's dinosaur mode is almost slavishly loyal to G1, and Rodimus' alt mode is still charmingly 80s. I think this is a cool Seeker design, but it hasn't been seen in any G1 media, and I don't think the next MP will look like Guido's art.

My guess is that it'll still be an accurate F-15, but it'll be a different mold (duh), sort of like how we can tell MP-10 is based on the same fictional truck as MP-01, but it's an entirely different mold.

12. fabexmax

News Credits:
    Thanks for the defense, but in the defense of the mods, I accidentally posted this in the News and Rumors section. (Happened when the site was lagging on a refresh)

Problem fixed. Back to speculating. :thumb 

13. MisterFanwank

MisterFanwank Toy Industry Analyst

News Credits:
    ^ Ah. I thought it was odd that TJ would say it's wrong to talk about toys in the toy discussion section.

14. Timesynch

Timesynch Go For Broke! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Hopefully I remember this correctly:

According to TCracker (the source in that giant consolidated Masterpiece speculation thread), military branch purists might be displeased with MP-11 outside of (a reportedly VERY G1 show accurate) bot mode. F-14 Tomcat is a Navy/Marine plane, while the F-15 Eagle is an Air Force jet.

Still no solid evidence on what aircraft exactly MP-11 will be, but it IS confirmed that MP-11 will be a new Seeker mold. Unless TCracker is pulling a Bay and trying to misdirect us on the Seeker rumors, heh.

I'm hoping they'll keep with the Seekers as F-15s (and I say that not only as an Air Force guy but as a G1 accuracy fan too). Others speculate that MP-11 might be an F-22 Raptor (similar to the Bayverse movies) but Bayverse toys have already been done along with Starscream's F-22 Energon toy. Animated Starscream resembled the Sukhoi while Transformers Prime Starscream resembles an F-16 Falcon. Hearts of Steel had the G1 Seekers as armored up old timey bi-plane alt modes but don't think official toys were ever made of them (outside of Radicons).

For toys, there wouldn't be any precedent for G1 accurate Seeker bots having alt modes other than F-15s, so having them as F-14s or F-22s or any other jet would be very weird (at least to me) and really coming out of left field on Takara's part. Yes, there is the F-14 Sky Stryker GI Joe crossover Starscream toy but it doesn't transform and I don't think it should count strictly speaking on figures that actually do transform.

15. unchained5150

unchained5150 Time to Disappear.

F-14

F-15

To put it into perspective as Transformers: Skyfire is a modified F-14, same for G2 Hooligan. Every Seeker is an F-15, just like Air Raid.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2011
  16. Detroa

Detroa Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I seriously hope they don't, I like my MP strictly G1.

But I wouldn't mind this new design in the Classics line. :) 

17. TCracker

TCracker おもちゃは今とても暑いです

News Credits:
    Me pulling a Bay? Unless I want people chasing me with pitchforks. :D 

18. knoted

knoted Resistor Transistor

News Credits:
    THIS.

Those Guido design look way too Japan Anime inspired.

19. The Dark Seeker

The Dark Seeker Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If they do look like that.......I'm gonna be sooooooo fucking broke.

What? They're not gonna make the seekers look like harrier jets are they? If so, I'm saving my money for something else :tongue:  The F-14 Tomcat would not be accurate though.....since the seekers were F-15 eagles. But then again, that's G1. If they went around and somehow made F-22s transform into something resembling the G1 bot modes.....again....I'm going to be so fucking broke. But I guess we'll see.

And torches....and slingshots.....

20. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy of the Allspark

News Credits:
    Nope. TakaraTomy isn't likely to look at these for inspiration.

Love the design though.

Randy