Will the kids like classics?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by eyeballkid, Oct 5, 2006.

1. eyeballkid

eyeballkid Old

This line was made for the fans....(i think). What about the children? Can any one think about the children!!!! I want classics to sell out!=MORE!

p.s. no cartoon...yet?

2. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    hang on.

*calls future self* hey....uh-huh...yeah...uh-huh....okthx!*click*

all signs point to yes.

....sheesh why not? its not like kids are that discerning in taste.

3. Nerd Bomber

Nerd Bomber Consulting your needs

Despite them being G1 characters they pretty much have the same look of cybertron and such. The only thing that's really different is the lack of gimmick.

4. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

If they don't like them, we'll pistol whip them with Megatron untill they do like them. :p 

I remember what I liked as a kid well enough to know that I would have loved them. Hopefully, today's kids feel the same way.

5. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    i'd also like to add, hasbro would never do a line for the sole purpose of pleasing fans. even with alternators, if they didnt think itd appeal to their major demographic - kids - they wouldnt even consider releasing it.

takara, yes, does products for the fans. for the western market, fan-orientated products are farmed out to guys like diamond select, fun publication, et al.

the end.

6. Blunticon

Blunticon The Oddjob

Hell yeah! Kids like toys..

7. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

Well, my oldest son is as much into Transformers as I am and he loves them.

The impressive part is my 2nd son, who was never really that much into transformers asked if he could get Astrotrain, Starscream and Megatron, when I asked him why sighting that he never really liked Transformers much he said, "Because they are really, really cool looking."

My third son who has always only shown a passing interest in TFs asked for a classics Bumblebee - he said he liked his colors and thought his little "trailer thing" was cool.

8. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    and there you have it. kids DO like classics.

i trust the baldwins to represent good old america.

9. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

Damn dude... you've got 3 sons? Wow. Oh wait, no. Just checked your Myspace. 4 sons!? FOUR? And you're 31?! I think, in your position, I may have shot myself by now.

But at least you're an excellent source for general opinions... having first-hand knowledge of fan-base and kids-who-play-with-toys-base. :thumb 

10. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    the baldwin couples are like fricking baby machine.

chuga chuga chuga

11. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    LOL, unlikely as the kids will have never seen the classics with all the adults going nuts buying them all. I have yet to see a classic TF, they're all completely sold out around here.

12. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It's not like Classics doesn't have gimmicks, it just doesn't have overly intrusive line-wide gimmicks. Bumblebee's got the jetski/jetpack, Roddy and Starscream have bigass launchers, Astrotrain's a triple-changerTM, Optimus has two transforming guns, and Megatron ... makes a clicking noise when you pull his trigger. :) 

13. KidDynamite

KidDynamite don't know nothing Veteran

I think so. Their basic design is pretty similar to Cybertron, and they've got a fun variety of play patterns even without a universal gimmick.

Plus, the Cybertron show almost always aired at the asscrack of dawn, so I have to think for a lot of kids the toys in that line were all they had to go on, same as Classics. They didn't for all intents and purposes have support media. Yet they still bought Cybertron toys in droves, and I expect that will continue.

14. Tidal Wave

Tidal Wave Member

I received 2 sets of the deluxes yesterday from BBTS, one for me and one for my 5 year old. I ended up giving him Rodimus and Astrotrain last night and he loves them, even moreso than all his Cybertron toys.

15. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    Heh, I have 3 girls, can't WAIT until they're teenagers, lol. They're starting to show some interest in TFs, I'll hafta see what they think of Classics.

16. Sonscreen

Sonscreen Casual TF collector<br><b><font color=#FF0000>aksm TFW2005 Supporter

I think the kids will enjoy them. They may or may not know the history behind them but I think the toys themselves will be very enjoyable for kids.

17. Nightscream

Nightscream JP TF Master Collector

Ebay:
    Realistic alt modes = of course they will love them.

18. Edgewise

Edgewise updated homage

News Credits:
    I think having a basic design similar to Cybertron is not a factor kids consider much when buying toys.

Despite the odd show times, I would not discount the influence of the show. VCR, DVR, and heck, kids just getting up early to watch toons before school makes it available to them. I worked in the playpit at Botcon, and while the kids didn't know so much about how to TF the toys are even "what" they turned into, they could talk about the characters from the show. It's certainly a small sample, but it really surprised me.

Right, they don't have discerning tastes... they don't necessarily pick what is "quality" and there's lots of competition in the toy aisle....

Sure some kids will like them, but I really doubt Classics is going to be some huge success among kids.

19. Neo-Bombshell

Neo-Bombshell Proudly Peruvian Transfan

News Credits:
    I also hope this line will be a succes realted to sales. What worries me about is precisely that they don't ahve any gimmicks, it's great for me as a fan, but to be honest, kids today like gimmicks. Remember what happened to MOTU toys? Great figures great sculpt, but terribly boring to kids.

Beeing realistoc molds is a cool idea too, but I still don't think it's so good. Well, let's hope this will be a success, since if so, we will have more and more lines and toys!

20. Fairlady_Z

Fairlady_Z Official Voice of Flareup

As long as they are easily afordable and easily available to find I think the toys will sell themselves to kids.