Will the game spoil the movie?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Lateralus, Jun 22, 2007.

1. Lateralus

Lateralus Well-Known Member

It's coming out earlier than most of the release dates. Even though the plot is definitely changed a lot, it could still reveal most the movie plot. Does anyone have any idea (from the PSP or DS games, though they don't appear to follow the same storyline as the consoles). Although I pretty much know everything that's going to happen, I'm kinda afraid it might reveal everything that would make the first time seeing the movie much more entertaining. Or I could just entertain myself with the Decepticon storyline..

2. Harlequin Daniel

Harlequin Daniel Captain Grumpy

I think the Autobot campaign will be more "movie focused" while with the exception of the first Decepticon level (attack the Qatar base) there mightn't be too much of a link.

The Aussie release date is still the 4th of July so no worries for us, and even if it is bumped up to the 25th, then it's only a few days before the movie for us.

I plan to only play the first level for each if it's an early release, and take a sickie if it's a late one.

3. Lateralus

Well in this movie that action is more important than the plot, so even though I know what will happen, I won't know how it will play out.

4. {X}

{X} seen movie 8 times

No because I beat the PSP version and it doesn't seem much like the movie

5. Lateralus

Well its obvious they changed a lot for the sake of gameplay.

6. DilaZirK

DilaZirK Is bullheaded.

News Credits:
    If you're worried, just play the Decepticons first, it's an alternate storyline. After the movie, THEN only play the Autobots. That's what I'm gonna do. :p 

7. Jedi2016

Jedi2016 Well-Known Member

That might work, except for the "who cares what gets destroyed" mentality that will come about from doing it in that order. :) 

8. matadormi5

matadormi5 Well-Known Member

The game will probably spoil a very little bit of the story, but is that going to spoil the movie? I really dont think you can spoil this movie, it's super realistic, giant, transforming, fighting, alien robots on the big screen. It'll BLOW you away even if you do know what may happen in the story.

9. BeastWars 4ever

BeastWars 4ever Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The Autobots version on DS doesn't give away much, if anything. It sort of follows the movie, but doesn't give away much.

10. StefanXPrime

StefanXPrime Hater of all things G1

not to sound like a prick or anything but don't most games based on movies tell the movie's story? It could end up like spiderman 3 and have the movie storyline and then some other crap you can do.

11. CiViCoN916

CiViCoN916 I AM LEGEND!

it may give away sum stuff but not to da point were you'll be shocked and then when the movie shows up u wouldnt be surprised ne more

12. Lateralus

It has the basic story, but a lot more additions to the plot.