Will the dvd be different?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Omik, Oct 5, 2006.

1. Omik

Omik *blink blink*

I was thinking about the anniversary edition of the movie that's coming out on dvd next month, and I have to say I'm a little worried: will they change it?

I understand there's a bunch of awesome stuff with it, but will they change any sounds or music or anything? In particular Prime's gun not matching the sound effects in the beginning?

I'm hoping they've taken note of just how poorly the altered star wars trilogy sold last year. Really hoping.

Now, is anyone else worried about this or am I just paranoid? I like to think Hasbro loves us more than that.

2. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    I don't think they *changed* anything, just cleaned stuff up. Apparently the visuals are now a lot brighter than what we're used to seeing on the other DVD releases, making the animation appear more "cartoony" than it did before. Which is too bad imo since I really liked the way it looked dark before... kind of gave the animation a thicker more saturated look & feel.

3. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

Nope, you're just paranoid :lol 

Seriously though, I saw the movie on Saturday. The sounds are equal to the Rhino DVD version of the movie. Which was also without alteration.

Only main difference is that on the remastered version, while on the Rhino DVD he's red. On the remastered version he's more pinkish

4. Omik

Omik *blink blink*

thanks folks, I feel better now.

5. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    Did they fix the part where Hot Rod falls on a spike inside of Unicron but ends up floating above it because of the screwed up animation cell alignment?

6. Shaun_C

No that error was still there.

7. atlianz

atlianz TFW2005 Supporter

Was it actually 5.1 this time?

8. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    F#ck, I knew it.

So basically all they did was crop the cells to make it "widescreen" and turned up the brightness & contrast - which apparently makes Prime now look pink - and are calling it remastered. What a crock. Guess all the actual work just went into the menu's, special features & packaging.

Very disappointing.

9. Altercron

Altercron Well-Known Member

well if you have the original DVD, then basically this can be viewed as a special features disk

A 20 dollar special features disk but still.

10. Shipley

Shipley No Topic Required

News Credits:
    I thought it looked and sounded much better.
    theres one segment on the rhino disk that looked like ass, on Junkion. it was ripped from a VHS source or something. no problem now.

Prime didn't look pink to me. Hot rod on the otherhand...

11. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Comic Ink - Dublin, CA

News Credits:
    Hot Rod was clearly pink!

12. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    The original movie is on disc 2, isnt it?

it says it's color-corrected. what does this mean, exactly? First thing that came to mind when I heard that was if they fixed the actual color of starscream's chest when he kicks megatron (the area outside of the glass on his cockpit is the same color as the cockpit). don't suppose they did that, did they?

13. Nerd Bomber

Nerd Bomber Consulting your needs

They should have let Lucas work on it. They could have replaced all of prime's scenes with primal's and gave megatron a different colored lightsaber.

14. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Oh knock it off people. Prime DOES NOT look pink. Besides, no one has seen the DVD on their player yet, so just shove it. Transfans are becoming no different than Trekkies and Star Wars "Original" Crybabies

15. Shipley

Shipley No Topic Required

News Credits:
    Well we did see it on their DVD player (Sony shows their movie on an Audiovox, madness!)

An actual errors remained untouched. 2 Frenzys in the fly-up to Blaster, Rewind/Ejects single frame color swaps, etc.

whats nice is that theres more to work with and better source for your DVD, so as long as you know how to bust out your remote and use color bars, theres no reason you can't have prime or hotrod look like you want.

16. TILALLR1

TILALLR1 'Til All Are One

So can anyone confirm what they did exactly for the widescreen. Did they crop the top and bottom? Or did they do the smart thing and grab the original film source and reintroduce the orginal sides the animators did? I know there was a group in the UK that did this. I thought they took their work and put it on the anniversary disk. Please tell me this is true.

17. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    They did not crop it. They used an original 35mm print (something noone thought existed). And they digitally remastered it. What that means is they removed scrateches and wear from the scanned print, adjusted the colors and the contrast to be more vibrant, so it's more true to how it was drawn. That's what digitally remastering is. Digitally remastering is not going in and changing animation. That's just ridiculous to think they would do that.

And the video looks fantastic. The projection at the theater in Lexington made Hot Rod look pinkish, but when played on a monitor, he is more red. And I will clear this up. There is footage in the special features that is not on any other DVD release. It made us all jump out of our chairs when we saw it. And I'm not talking about Scramble City.

18. Shaun_C

Did I miss something when me, XJunky and his wife left the theater or is this something only "certain people" would know because of their involvement with this movie?

19. TILALLR1

TILALLR1 'Til All Are One

Coooooool!

Can't wait now.

20. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    It was announced in the Hasbro panel that there is a "footage reel" as one of the special features, with commentary by Paul Hitchens on it. In the reel was a piece of footage never seen before. People over at some of the other sites were saying that she must be refering to Scramble City, but she wasn't. It was not shown at BotCon. The fact that it was footage never seen is more exciting that the scene itself.