Will the Dinobots show up.?

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by figsdad, Dec 6, 2010.

1. depthcharge82

depthcharge82 Maximal

Fixed.

2. Oracle_Aesir

Oracle_Aesir Outback is back

News Credits:
    I hope so, but maybe in non-dinosaur modes, you know like as Tanks or something

3. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke Flynn Lives

@ transformed:
    I noticed you skipped quoting and discussing the lines I put in my posts that were actually there to be something other than tossing out ideas to participants in a conversation.

The fact we were brainstorming for our own fun, the fact that you militantly rolled in and tried to quash everything anyone was saying I just don't get as it was all harmless musing and not a serious discussion like continuity which was thankfully solved by hasbro:lol 

And the fact your trying to interject your rules and reality on a series which should have been called Transformers: house of the dead or resident cybertron.

I think my point still stands firm if a species is sentient and has civilization someone would try to save these records war be damned.

Since my battery on my phone is dying I will say one last thing, the same thing I have tried to say 3 times before. Lighten up man, none of this is world shaking or life affecting.

4. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

I concur with KnightConvoy's assessment that you're ignoring points and basically trolling.

5. Alienbot

Alienbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Does anyone remember Grimlock's Hall of Fame nomination?

It sounds very much like the Dreamwave and IDW incarnations but having Scorponok responsible for his speech impediment is a lot like Bumblebee and a new development.

Personally, we're well overdue for an intelligent Grimlock on television. A real anti-hero, whose hotheadness puts him at odds with Prowl's rationality, rather than tough guy comic relief.

6. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    Not really, I'm bored of them, I'd rather have some combiners enter later on? Introduction of Predaking, Starscream's new combiner technology and weapon to defeat the Autobots? I hope so.

7. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    Maybe, since dinosaurs don't 'fit in', maybe triple changers, with dino modes which are more powerful? I can see the car modes being very modified and hardcore, represnting the dinobots?

8. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke Flynn Lives

I agree it would be nice to have a series not based on prime and megs 100% it would open up the franchise to whole new avenues of story telling unheard of in the last 20 years....

but disparaging the name of Optimus Prime like that is heresy! you don't like how a character has evolved blame the writers.

9. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

Another interesting development would be if they went the Beast Machines route and made them a full fledged third faction and not just a sub group.

10. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    no way of knowing at this point. there is nothing rumor or confirmed to even suggest if they will or will not be in Prime. thats the solid facts. anything else is nothing more than conjecture and wishful thinking.

Wait and see like the rest of us.

11. Crazy Ramjetty

Crazy Ramjetty marvel's got it good

I sure as hell hope so!

12. daitarn red

daitarn red bionic hero

maybe dinobots will combier spark in 6 dinobots unite into giant autobot warrior
    autobots crush decepticons with dinobots

13. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I would like to see them, but have them based on their IDW/MArvel comics personalities where they are out of control badasses instead of simpletons. And that's coming from someone who loved them in the G1 cartoon, but y'know, Prime is a different animal. Richard Newman doing the Rhinox voice for Grimlock would rule

14. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

It would be nice. It would also be nice if the other guys played a more significant role. It shouldn't always be "me grimlock".

15. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I’m sorry, but is this not a place for everyone to share his/her opinion on the matter or is it supposed to be one sided?

If I skipped anything, it was because an answer was previously given.

I don’t mind brainstorming ideas, though doing so could leave to disappointment when what was hopped for doesn’t come to realization.

I understand there are those that want to see the Dinobots are thinking up ways to fit them in, but the fact still stands that they won’t blend, which is something we’ve seen the Transformers do in their only five stories. Both the Autobots and Decepticons have done their best to staff of the radar of humanity and they’ve succeeded. Any contact they’ve made with humanity, which they’ve obviously needed, was met with subterfuge; hence the necessity of something of this world, this time, to achieve their objective.

At some point, the Cybertronians have to mine for Energon less they want to die. Energon is scattered around the planet in unknown locations. While some Energon might be easier to find than others, they still need to find it, and finding it under a cloak of deception would be crucial if you want to avoid drawing attention to yourself, which is what both sides have been doing all this time.

No matter how you look at it, a dinosaur/dragon doesn’t fit in with what we’ve seen of the story thus far. Nor does it give them any advantage whatsoever. Having something roam the Earth that is now extinct is going to draw attention, just as walking around in the open in something not of this world would.

I agree that there would be Cybertronians trying to save their own culture in war, but culture isn’t what was being fought over for. Energy was. Starscream and Megatron spoke of the ancient texts, so we know the Decepticons weren’t interested in destroying Cybertrons history. The Autobots, too, keep the memory of Cybertron alive as well. Dinosaurs, however, are a part of our history.

I’m not as serious about this as you think me to be. I just find it silly to see Dinosaurs roaming around in a world in which the Transformers have found a way to blend in.

I wouldn't mind seeing Grimlock, Slag, slug, Snarl, Swoop or even Tripticon in Transformers Prime, but not as Dinosaurs or mythical creatures.

16. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

Read our posts before typing. Every time you respond you ignore what we're saying and just type the same nonsense.

And I'll reiterate, the presence of the Decepticon warship destroys your argument.

17. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke Flynn Lives

Since I am home now and can actually see the entire post at once.. blasted crappy old blackberry...:banghead: 
    (IF I am wrong on the following statement I apologize), however seemingly since the first thing you said, you didn't contribute any new ideas, you set about doing nothing other than squashing other peoples thoughts. you spoke in absolute negatives, so who's trying to make things one sided?

Because none of us were aware of the fact no one from Hasbro was going to read this when we started talking about it./faceplam

Triple changers, Car mode(self explanatory, big trucks or muscle cars) Dino mode for combat, more powerful, but more power consuming, used temporarily and finally Robot mode for everyday life.. problem solved pages ago.

Because the Cons were hiding while Megatron was gone, and for no other reason as shown by our 3 little human friends who were all caught in the middle of renewed fighting in a matter of MINUTES for Jack and Hours for Raf and days for Miko I do not recall the Econs saying oh look there is a kid on Arcee derp derp guess we best not attack yet!!

Because no stranded transformer could ever happen upon his own little trove of energon, taking what he/she needed as they went and take a frightening alt mode to work off the superstition and paranoia of a primitive culture of humans to get their privacy.

As has been said before triple changers, or one shot characters who live in seclusion to add variety to the story.

that is so totally skewed off the point I was trying to make.. Hell I don't even remember what it was I was trying to say anymore this has all been so blown out of proportion.

A statement which implies absolute shutdown of others ideas, my whole problem with your posts from the word go.

See above statements for answer to this.

These are my last words on this discussion, take them for what you will, but just remember two words for the future when you say anything in Transformers: Prime is silly and has no reason to exist... ROBOT ZOMBIES..mmmkay?

18. TriBlurr

TriBlurr Who am I?

News Credits:
    Theres also the fact that the Dinobots traditionally are depicted as something of rouges. They probably wouldn't really CARE about blending in. Which would put them at odds with Prime's crew. But that has some story potential there.

19. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    What’s the title of this thread again? “Will the Dinobots show up,” was it? Why wouldn’t a contributor answer that question?

You don’t like my answer or the reasons for it, that’s fine. We obviously don’t (or won’t) agree on the matter, and I am cool with that.

Some are more patient about things than others and when things don’t go their way they crumble.

Why would they need Dino mode for strength? They are strong as they are. Heck, Brawn from G1 was a little but was labeled as the strongest or one of the strongest Autobots.

So drive by shootings don’t happen? The chased Arcee, and Jack, in the city in car mode. It wasn’t until they left the city did they transform. The Decepticons were prepared to kill Jack, Miko, Raf—dead men tell no tales.

So why would an Autobot be hiding from his comrades again? And what of the Decepticons? Ratchet has a devise on his arm that tracks Autobots, and the Decepticon ship does the same with Decepticons.

Ditto. You went from Cybertronians studying our culture/history to preserving their own.

But is my answer to the question this thread asks. Sorry.

Oh, I found them silly. I wish they weren’t there, but hey, zombies are big nowadays; they’re everywhere. If dinosaurs were as big as zombies are now, I think our chances of seeing dinosaurs in Transformers would be very likely, but alas…

20. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Robot zombies aint that silly to be honest. I mean, machines can be fixed, but if you do it wrong they work darn weird. Kind of the same thing here.