Will the Dinobots show up.?

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by figsdad, Dec 6, 2010.

1. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke Flynn Lives

How about in a twist on an old story, technobots arrive and Computron builds Dinobot smart dinobots who are triple changers and have a simple car mode to actually hide, and the Dino or robot mode for combat.
    Yes please!!

2. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

3. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

NO THANKS...

I don't want to see radically different Dinobots persona characters from G-1. You might as well not have them at all if your going to alter their original personalities so drastically.

4. rattimus prime

rattimus prime Scout Class Prime

Like with all characters, only if they can be written in well. i have a feeling that any other Autobots introduced are going to get the Tigatron treatment, in that they will get introduced, stay out in the "wild" to protect that area, and only pop up every know and then if the plot calls for it, its a good way to show that the Autobots have numbers and not have the cost of having multiple DIFFERENT character models in the show, cause the only reason we have the eradicons is because they're Copy & Paste Baddies, with only variation between the flyers and the cars.

5. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I don't even think they're using Bumblebee because he was a core character, but rather because Bumblebee sells. He's so insanely popular because of the movies that they're forced to put him in, which isn't a bad thing.

The G1 Dinobots can absolutely be considered core characters. They also were extremely popular among kids in their original release.

Why not?

6. rattimus prime

rattimus prime Scout Class Prime

Bumblebee not a core character?
    Bumblebee is one of the four Core Characters required for a transformers series, him and starscream are on the same level, there personalities must be present not necessarily there names, because Bumblebee took over for Hot Shot who took over for Side Burn who took over for Cheetor who took over from Wheelie who took over from the original Bumblebee as the kid appeal character, the Dinobots Ultimately dont serve any purpose except for being the Big bruisers which we now have Bulkhead for, Tell me how would the dinobots really work into Transformers Prime, we should see how many cons are introduced first before we talk about the Dinobots.

instead of the Dinobots alot of stuff done with them could be done with the wreckers, being Big Bruisers and all. I dont know why people want the Dinobots when they Where never well developed characters and always had to be kept away because of how strong they were.
    Your Reasoning for putting in the Dinobots is the Same reason why you said they put in Bumblebee because he's popular

7. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Please read my post again; I never said Bumblebee was not a core character. I believe they used him, in his current form and personality, because of the popularity he's gained from the movies. And IMO I see very little comparrison between Cheetor, Hot Shot, and Bumblebee besides their yellow. I think that can be argued, but I see what you're trying to say.

There's already been an explanation of how the Dinobots could work in this thread. The Dinobots do not need to keep their G1 personalities, but rather develop their character into more of a BW Dinobot.

8. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

You argued earlier that they wouldn't show up because it would be too repetitive...

9. Brainchild

Brainchild Dark Flame Master

This series seems serious enough to have Dinobot in it.

10. Cyber-Scream

Cyber-Scream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That would be awesome.

11. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

I could see Dinobot working if they mixed his story with the classic Skyfire origin.

12. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke Flynn Lives

indeed... he needs a foil though.. what Con/pred would be best to roll into the story for some great drama with Dinobot, none of the current characters are even close.

13. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

I think Onslaught could be perfect. Onslaught seems like the kind of character who could have been an honorable warrior just like Dinobot.

They could have fought side-by-side centuries ago when the Decepticons were still freedom fighters.

14. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    There's the whole thing about Transformers having been on Earth before, established already in Darkness Rising.

No reason why there would not be a couple of survivors kicking around somewhere, possibly dormant in some cavern or something. Damaged by ages of inactivity, their mental circuits don't function correctly any more, explaining the dumb caveman talk, too.

I would be VERY surprised if the fact Transformers have been on Earth in the distant past never comes up again. In Animated, the Allspark fragments were partially introduced so to give an out to introduce characters without them all being "visitors from the stars". Here, you've got three options already pre-existing:

- Undercover since whatever happened 3 years ago.
    - Travel to Earth from the stars.
    - Been there all along.

As for Dinobots? Sure, why not. But like you guys are saying, why not have some other Transformers turn up too? How about someone new, like the inspiration behind our myths of dragons or something.

I'm absolutely certain though we'll get some character or other who's been on Earth since the time of the Great Wars though, someone who survived the battle that left that graveyard but went dormant / hid on Earth for whatever reason.

15. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Well Prime said that there were wars on Earth before the humans came to rise, so they might bring the Dinobots as veterans who were left on Earth, on stasis or something. It would make sense.

16. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

I like the dragon idea. Maybe a whole subfaction of ancient Transformers with alt-modes that inspired legendary creatures.

17. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    As Dragon's are mythical creatures, how would it fit in with these Transformers that blend in, save for Megatron who still has his Cybertronian mode. Dinobots would make more sense, though the Cybertronian graveyard on earth showed no signs of animal parts. I don’t even think they transformed. If their war took place before anything sentient lived on Earth, why would they hide? The hid Energon here long ago and none were the wiser, it was untouched, like the Cybertronian graveyard.

18. deymasc

deymasc Well-Known Member

Dinobots would be cool. Hopefully we get the entire team with badass attitudes. The Animated characters were a joke. Now outside of the Predacons, I don't want to see any of the others you mentioned.

19. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

If Grimlock did show up in TFP, it's be pretty cool if they actually got Gregg Berger to reprise the roll.

That would make a lot more sense in this series, given it seems they are really playing up the whole concept of "robots in disguise."
    Plus, I still think a monster truck would make a great vehicle mode for Grimlock.

That actually suddenly makes me wonder how some fans would feel about the idea of Grimlock as a Dragon? Cause I find it kind of interesting. It would also have the whole fire breath thing make a lot more sense.

20. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke Flynn Lives

How about a nice cerberus, and I mean a nice one not like RID crapicus. con's could have a gargoyle or perhaps a minotaur. the possibilities I can think of are only limited by the fact I am dead tired and half asleep:lol 

We could see a nice griffn swoop down and eat miko! >.> err <.<

hah, Sol good thinking! that could make a whole new world for transformers if someone were to latch on to that, like Transformers:Shadows of the Past.. something of that nature