will tfclub do other combining robots beyond transformers?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by GENOZAUR, Oct 12, 2011.

1. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

when it comes to the 6 figure project herculestrator notstructicon combiner set tfclub is going quite a ways in proving itself asa 3rd party group

assuming they manage to keep it up in the long term how would it go over if they were to actually create combiner sets of non transformers combining robots over time ?

after seeing the job they did with exgravenger making the figure all super posable for the bot mode while having built all the combiner kibble parts into it an d insuring the limb mode was also entirely posable for the combiner form

to be honest i would love to see them take a crack at creating a 3rd party masterpiece style mighty orbots combiner set for example

2. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    Aren't they doing dinobot-ish combiner?

3. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I really don't think there's a big enough "Mighty Orbots" fandom out there for them to even bother.

And Hasbro's been kind enough to give 3rd Party groups this much leeway. They'd be absolutely destroyed if they tried to touch properties owned, by say, Bandai...

Kind of a different case, because AFAIK, it's an entirely original property that TFClub is working with there.

4. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

i was just using the mighty orbots asa possible example is all

5. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

what i dont understnad on the matter is why hasbro would want to pictch a fit so long as the thrid party groups are doing thier business in a legal manner where respect for hasbros copyrights are concerned.

is it because said third party company provides a part of the fan base with a figure that they want which hasbro has not yet got around to making thier self for various reasons?

r is it because said third party group does so while leaving hasbro out of the matter all together in providing said product for that side of the fanbase in denying hasbro the opportunity to decide the matter in general?

is it because said third party group serves as possible competition to hasbro over time or is it just because said third party group managed to beat hasbro to the punch on the matter so to speak?

im not trying to steer discussion to a differant topic but in all honestly i dont think i will ever understand why hasbro is so uneasy on the matter so long as third party groups show proper respect for hasbros copyrights over time.

to be honest i think hasbro is judt nervous over the matter of possible small scale small fry small fish competition in these groups giving the fanbase a wider range of choices to work with on the matter as thirdparty produced add on sets and figures go.

okay im done rambling on the matter

i apologize for asking the question on the subject but like i said i dont think i will ever understand hasbros paranoia on the matter

dont know about you guys but i cannot wait to see what tfclub will have in store over time for the combaticons as a combiner team set

6. Kuma Style

Kuma Style Toy Photography TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    Genozaur, why'd you ignore Exomega's response? He answered you.

They're also working on a combiner for the Starcats cartoon and it uses dinosaur and rescue robots. It's not a Transformers toy.

7. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

i wasnt ignoring exomega 's comment about the dinobots styel combiiner but i thought he was directing it at a fellow poster instead of me though

sorry about that exomega i did not mean to ignore you

8. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    Also, how is Hasbro not doing anything about 3rd parties "paranoic"?

9. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

i dont know about the paranoia bit myself thats a new topic to me to be honest.

10. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    From what I see Hasbro doesn't really care too much. Or they don't care enough to sick their dogs on them... and that's mainly because doing that costs money.

BUT... just because they don't try to stop it doesn't necessarily mean they like it. I mean other people are making money off their properties. That's pretty fucked up. But that's life. KOs and IP theft happen all the time all over the place.

I think you're silly to think Hasbro might be nervous or worried about 3rd party competition. Hasbro/Takara is a beast... all these 3rd party companies are little pesky nats to them.

11. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Is there a Gurren Lagann toy that can combine?

12. Kuma Style

Kuma Style Toy Photography TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    Unfortunately no. If you collect Revoltechs, then you can get Gurren and Lagann as seperate toys (in scale) and then an alternate head for Gurren Lagann that has their head without Enki's helmet.