Will Target aloow me to exchange this?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Maximum Burn, Jan 25, 2008.

1. Maximum Burn

Maximum Burn JETS AND HELI!! I LIKEY!

I got a Final battle Jazz with two right ankle caps. It doesn't affect the toy or transformation (as far as I can tell) but I am a perfectionist. I know TRU is anal about it. Not sure if Target is though. I heard some people had to really bust up their TFs to get an exchange.

I am not sure about my blackout either. The back cage won't lock in.

This might be a long one, but bad paint apps can equal an exchange right? *has a RR with an autobot emblem painted over with the silver cross*

I don't know why but retail stores are more anal about exchanges than returns.

2. Deceptikitty

Deceptikitty all about the hasubandos

As long as you have a receipt, I don't see what the problem would be. If they won't let you exchange it, then just get a refund and buy a new one. :lol 

3. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If you tell them it's defective they have to let you exchange it for a new one. As long as it hasn't exceeded 90 days and you have the receipt...

4. Maximum Burn

I did that with my BB to TRU and they said there's nothing wrong with it. That's why I was asking ._. I hope Target wasn't like that.

5. Overhaulimus

Overhaulimus Sword of Fury!

News Credits:
    TRU is anal about alot.

I know Wal-Mart will return anything.Hell when I worked at Wally World they let someone return a stolen Craftsman toolbox.

Target might let ya exchange it,though I've never really bought TFs from them.

6. Deceptikitty

Deceptikitty all about the hasubandos

Target is pretty cool about exchanges. Walmart is a joke. I worked at one, and one day someone returned a pool. Instead of said pool, the box was full of rocks. So they got all their money back and still kept the pool. The employee didn't check the box until afterwards. :redface2: 

By the way, after typing pool a couple times I noticed how weird of a word it is. Pool....

7. Otispq

Otispq Elocution Onymous

News Credits:
    If your receipt is too old, you can always buy a brand new one and then return the old one for your money back, works like a charm, assuming they have any in stock. Done it several times when I couldn't find my reciept, and they don't care.

8. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Do it all in an electric cart and give us a video tour

Free toy if you ram another electric cart lady and get her meanface on film

9. microclone

microclone Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i can think of no reason why they wouldnt exchange it. its been manufactured incorrectly and just like if you got say a 3 stick candle holder and one of the holders was on the wrong way you would be able to get an exchange.

The problem with toy collectors is that we put such value on our pieces of junk that we somehow assume that a store is going to start wondering what our motive is for bring back this item, is he a geek? did he break it? the store clerk wont even bat an eyelid they will simply treat it with no more interest than if it was a faulty replacable mop head, they dont give a hoot about transformers.

TRU might more tetchy about things because they are used to collectors bringing back items with bad paint apps/loose joints, these are issues that are simply within the tolerance for toy quality (correct assembly should be a minimum requirement), kids wouldnt notice and neither do parents, a $10 isnt a masterpiece SOC figure.

10. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

That TRU thing is screwed up. I used to work there and they never asked questios. We'd get crap brought back all the time. Hell, even stuff in wrong packages.

11. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    QFT. None of my ToysRus stores are anal about returns. Though I usually have a good reson for a said return.

I once had to return my 1st Energon Cruellock because he was missing paint applications!

I also had to return the only Movie Ghost Rider figure I even bought, because he had 2 left legs!

I still think Hasbro needs to up^ the quality control on their toys. From the time when they bought out Kenner to the time before Armada arrived, I never had any QC problems with ANY of my Hasbro/Hasbro-Kenner toys, and I bought a ton of them!

Nowadays, QC on Hasbro toys is hit or miss and I always look through every one of a certain figure at a store until I find one good enough to buy.

12. Maximum Burn

Yeah that's what I try to do, but store lights are deceiving. They make everything look better.

13. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    Carrying a mini LED key chain light solves that problem. I take it with me everywhere. It's always helped me.:thumbs2: 

14. Maximum Burn

Woo! I tried exchanging it but no dice, since no more. I got a return mostly in nickels and the lady at cashier was hilarious. *she tried putting it back by mashing it in*