will stepper ever release in US retail?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by ZedzDead, Apr 29, 2011.

1. VictoryLeo19

VictoryLeo19 Well-Known Member

i wouldnt be suprised to see stepper/ricochet in the us someday. i pre-ordered one from BBTS because i honestly think that version looks awesome. im usually against these kinds of purchases for just that reason. i understand the unease when buying expensive tf's.

im not gonna lie, i spent 500-600 on EACH of the botcon seekers in 2008. i regret it, but only from a financial stand point. the seekers themselves are awesome, and i went and bought the newer versions as well. no hard feelings, but i certainly have learned my lesson

2. LogicalLuke

LogicalLuke Banned

Unless they've changed it this time, no book comes with him. Figure only just like Ghost Starscream, he was 80-90 and it is a big increase for the same thing. People have a right to be mad if they want, no book, 30 dollars tacked on to an already expensive figure that they didn't sell out of last time.

When people quit buying them out they might come down but that won't happen, gotta get that not-so-exclusive exclusive. :lol  I can wait or make one, it is a bit to steep for me personally for a repaint of a deluxe figure I have already and just got a couple months ago. Straight repaint too, nothing changed really.

3. ZedzDead

ZedzDead decepticon sabatour

Ebay:
    i do not have a lot of KOs, BUT, some of the newer ones coming out are on par w/ takara. i'm mainly speaking about the seekers. i own all if not most of the CHMS seekers and they all rock. im not trying to pimp any particular ko toy company, but the fact is my ko henkei seekers look as good (and even surpass in some areas) as the real thing, which i have btw so my comparisons are sound. true some of the paint apps are VERY shitty, but that is where customizers can have fun and clean them up. notice how good the sunstorm, purple clone, and ghost ss look. of course i had to touch them up, but the quality is as good as the originals. hopefully that is a sign of better quality plastics in other molds as well. the sunstreaker mold looks to be a very high quality piece as well. why not an rts jazz?

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m208/zedzdead_bucket/DSC02221.jpg
    http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m208/zedzdead_bucket/DSC02222.jpg
    http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m208/zedzdead_bucket/DSC02226.jpg

4. ZedzDead

ZedzDead decepticon sabatour

Ebay:
    dood, me and a few friends jumped on the 41 dollar strafe fig at bbts. that thing was just as much. for them to knock it back that far means its not going to be out of the question for stepper to follow suit. oh btw, TFCC G2 ramjet-secured! cant wait for that exclusive. mid to late june.

5. MagnusPrimal

MagnusPrimal Well-Known Member

I hope we get a Ricochet repaint from RtS Jazz. I just can't make myself pay $120 for the exclusive one, for any reason.

6. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy

News Credits:
    Even if we get Ricochet (Hasbro is likely to stay away from him for a while because he's a special exclusive in Japan) the chance of him coming with Nightstick is likely zero. As that would put him above the Deluxe price point. Also he'd likely have very little paint compared to the United one because look how much was lacking with RTS Jazz compared to the United one.

Randy

7. MagnusPrimal

MagnusPrimal Well-Known Member

All true, but at least IMO that's not sufficient justification for me to pay an extra $108.

8. Grimlockprime16

Grimlockprime16 Me Grimlock King!

I got mine on pre order at bbts now.I have lost faith in hasbroafter genration being stoped for movie bull shit again.

9. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    Lol. That movie bullshit pays for them making us those Classics molds we love. I'm not a fan of the movieverse but I do realize it's importance.

Stepper will get made. It's gonna happen. No way it doesn't get released here in the states.

10. Jazz Meister

Jazz Meister Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I think we have a better chance of getting a DOTM repainted one then a Generations one. Highly unlikely we get more Generations figures since the movie is coming out. Even if we do your still gonna pay lots of money ordering online as most retailers will only by movie stuff.

11. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Personally I'm hoping Hasbro decides to repaint the mold as Hot Shot. Which would be similar enough to Ricochet that a good amount of people would probably rename him as such for their collections.

12. Metal Chaos

Metal Chaos The Spark of Chaos

News Credits:
    How is hot shot similar to ricochet? please explain.

13. SkywarpsNipples

SkywarpsNipples ホンマおもろい人やね〜

News Credits:
    Think he might be referring to this version of Hot Shot
    Hot Shot (RID) - Transformers Wiki

I am not against a US release, but the changes implemented by Hasbro(different paintjob, exclusion of Nightstick, etc.) would make it virtually undesirable for me.

14. Metal Chaos

Metal Chaos The Spark of Chaos

News Credits:
    I guess so, for a minute I thought he meant the shoulder pained, jaam loving, armada hot shot.

I'm starting to have faith that Hasbro could just as easily make Ricochet with his Targetmaster. Be nice if they went into Targetmasters full swing after the movie lines ended.

15. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Try Botcon next year :lol 

16. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

Except it's not ending. Yellow box movie is on the way out. Saw the signs at Wal-Mart last night. Generations isn't.

17. Baltan

Baltan Space Ninja

Oooooooooooooh. You went there. :lol 

If we get Stepper from Hasbro, no matter what happens, it won't be the exact Generations figure. There is no chance of that happening. Nightstick will likely not be included unless it's an exclusive, the deco won't be the same, it'll probably be missing the metallic details, and it'll probably be called Ricochet (not that it matters). It's not very likely to happen, but it's definitely a possibility if you don't want to bite on ordering Stepper from BBTS or using a middleman to get the book and mail away for him.

18. LogicalLuke

LogicalLuke Banned

Then why did Target discontinue them? They're on hiatus till whenever, no future case assortments listed online even.

19. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I would say there is still a 50/50 chance.

I won't lose any sleep over it if it never happens though.

20. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    Why do people keep saying Generations is ending? Gold box ( HftD and RTS ) ended, but Hasbro has said repeatedly that Generations is running along side the movie. This is also why I can't figure out why people are paying big money for Warpath. He's not an end of the line toy because the line isn't ending.