will stepper ever release in US retail?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by ZedzDead, Apr 29, 2011.

1. ZedzDead

ZedzDead decepticon sabatour

Ebay:
    i cannot imagine the stepper exclusive to really fetch the 120 dollar price tag. it will sell, and it will sell out, but come on, that is just an ass raping. this is a sign for me to bail out of collecting. besides when everything collapses in the economy, you cant barter w/ toys.

2. Brainchild

Brainchild Dark Flame Master

I can pretty much assure you that we won't be getting a Stepper.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2011
  3. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I can't comment of the likelyhood of getting a Hasbro Ricochet, but who else would they repaint Jazz into?

Movie colors perhaps?

4. Metal Chaos

Metal Chaos The Spark of Chaos

News Credits:
    We might see him released as Ricochet, after all Hasbro did release an Alternators version of him. So we could see him released when Generations starts back up, we all know how Hasbro loves repaints.

I'm hoping Hasbro will launch into a full swing of Targetmaster figs.

5. ZedzDead

Ebay:
    i was thinking, hoping rather that they would release him as ricochet. call him what they want to, ill buy it for US MSRP, or united equivalent.

6. Computer5

Computer5 Well-Known Member

My thing tho, is even if hasbro does release their ricochet, the paint apps would probably look crappy. I prefer Henkei Red Alert over Generations Red Alert. However, Henkei Thundercracker was about the same "meh" with Generations Thundercracker.

7. ZedzDead

Ebay:
    well, regardless of how good the paint apps can be, making the appearance better is the fun of having these. they always leave room for improvement no matter which side of the pond you call home.

8. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

To be honest, we'll probably see a Stepper/Ricochet released under a Hasbro Classics-style line, although the flames will most likley be like how RtS Tracks had those "Tribal flames".

Then Reprolabels will make a new upgrade set for the not-quite accurate Black-colored Jazz

***EDIT***

Thread clean up.

-TFW2005 Staff

9. Silvershot

Silvershot On The Double Dutch Bus TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Seems like there's been a small trend in repainting Jazz silver - BinalTech and Animated come to mind. Maybe that's what we have to look forward to. While Hasbro hasn't released any of the Million Publishing decos stateside, we have been introduced to Ricochet/Stepper through the Commemortive Series and Alternators. I think there's a fair shot we'll see him as a repaint here, though with differences in deco.

-Silvershot

10. ZedzDead

Ebay:
    ***EDIT***

Thread clean up.

-TFW2005 Staff

and i hope hasbro just releases this mold in black plastic so i could do my own stepper. the stock G1 jazz stickers fit almost perfectly on the rts jazz. i see no reason why stepper would be any different.

11. Autobot Burnout

***EDIT***

Thread clean up.

-TFW2005 Staff

Because Reprolabels doesn't have the stickers for Stepper/Ricochet avaliable? Yeah, you could try to track down either an original sticker sheet or the sheet from the Re-issue, but waiting for a Reprolabels upgrade set is better. The color quality and the actual "Sticking" quality is superior to whatever the re-issues are, plus it would probably be cheaper in the long run anyhow.

Of course, if you're DYING for a Stepper/Ricochet from the Jazz mold right now, you can always commission one from a Radicon. Some of them have the right stuff for making their own reproduction labels.

12. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Giving up on the fiction.

News Credits:
    ***EDIT***

Thread clean up.

-TFW2005 Staff

I hope Ricochet does make it over here. I've wanted one since we first saw Jazz.

13. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

I don't think Stepper will get released in retail stores in the U.S.

BBTS will have Stepper available on their site, though.

14. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm gonna have to assume that you do not understand anything about the generations books exclusives. If you did you wouldn't be complaining about the price. The $120 tag factors in the fact that stores have to pay for the book, then that person has to fill out all the order forms and pay for the toys plus shipping. Then they have to wait for the delivery, process their own orders and re ship them. That's a huge amount of effort and time and they have a right to turn a profit on that work.

Years ago people would not even have this option and the toys would be simply unobtainable

15. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    I'm buying the Stepper exclusive. If Hasbro releases a version similar to Stepper in the US, I'll kick myself in the nuts. If Hasbro fails to release a version similar to Stepper, I'll enjoy viewing the threads that are complaining about Stepper being a ridiculous amount of $$$ on Ebay.

This kind of stuff happens all the time in collecting, we all know this. Hell we're living a situation right now with the Seekers getting a mass release.

16. ZedzDead

Ebay:

i thought reprolabels did in fact have that set. painting those flames is not a hard task at all. but to paint a white cast fig in black is more trouble than its worth (to me). thanks for the tip, but i do all of my own work. but that battle to me is not one worth the effort. doing a stepper from rts jazz that is. they will release it in black one day. well, i hope they will, but it wont be soon.

17. ZedzDead

Ebay:
    you are correct, i have no knowledge of the books, and im sure you are also correct on what all is involved, but the fact remains, 120 dollars for a deluxe fig is rape. no matter if its one of a kind. and of course that is just my view on that. besides, im sure a well known KO toy company will be doing a black jazz one day. it only makes sense.

18. LogicalLuke

LogicalLuke Banned

You can always dye a Jazz then repaint the black bits white that need to be, get some stickers, about 100 dollars saved. I'd say they'll do one eventually regardless though. Something will be a bit different from Million's version and I'd be fine with it, they're reimagined versions anyway. :) 

19. Autobot Burnout

Like LogicalLuke said, you could always just dye the figure black. Since Jazz is mostly white plastic, dying him to the exact polar opposite color on the color spectrum should be easy enough if done right (tutorials exist in Radicons).

But the whole thing comes with a book, which is supposed to be some kind of special thing. I actually don't know what is in the book, as I do not own any Generations books, but I'm sure others here on the boards know.

Er...No. Smply assuming a KO company does make a KO Jazz, the price drop will not be worth the potential piece of crap it could be. After all, most KO's are of sh*tty quality, the kind that fall apart in your hands simply by touching it.

20. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits: