will starscream become a autobot ally over time?

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by GENOZAUR, Apr 1, 2012.

1. Thilda

Thilda Treat your mother right!

News Credits:
    QFT

I'd so love this to happen and it really breaks my heart knowing that it probably never will.

The idea of further comparing the leaderships of Optimus and Megatron like they did in 'Master and Students' and 'Loose Cannons' is just brilliant. Redeeming Dreadwing wouldn't even take a quarter as much effort (and brilliant storytelling) as it would take to redeem Starscream. Having somebody who would openly question Optimus would do his character a world of good ( I thought it would be Wheeljack's role, but it turned out meh).

Not to mention having SS as the Token Evil Teammate would make the world a better place with all the hilarity it ensues.

2. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    As much I would like SS to become an ally to the Autobots, I don't think it would happen and if he would it would only be temporarily.

3. Stepper

Stepper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Starscream is silly but he will not be that stupid to become Autobot,after all he is a Cons

4. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

While I don't think they'll go as far as to make him an Autobot, I think this is what will happen with Starscream.

I think what they have been doing with Starscream recently is setting up a trust between him and the Autobots. Obviously, his life has been degrading terribly too. I believe this will play an important role near the end of this season or in the finale itself. Airachnid and her Insecticons are somehow involved. The Autobots decide the only way to defeat them all is with the spark extractor. Of course, Optimus is going to sacrifice himself but then Starscream turns up. He convinces Prime that he wants to use the extractor to kill Airachnid. Also, striking a blow at the Cons by helping the Autobots leader survive but killing himself would be better than how he's been living.

So Starscream sacrifices himself to save the day, kill Airachnid and help Optimus Prime survive. Also, this could work as interesting character development for Arcee. The person who killed her partner killed by the person who killed her other partner. With a tiny bit of setup, which has already started, this could show Arcee that anyone can be redeemed. If this happens, it would really go well with her argument with Prime in Partners. I can even see her returning the lesson Prime tried to teach her. Optimus is still hell bent on killing Megatron it seems. I could see there being a time when Optimus finally has beaten Megatron, one on one and now finally can kill him with no Cons coming to save the warlord. Arcee might convince Prime to let Megatron live. That could then start development for Megatron as he deals with his first defeat. Once he stops being Cybertrons greatest warrior, how would he react?

A big, long chain reaction of character development all set off by Starscream.

5. TheosPrime

TheosPrime Complete Amateur

Ebay:
    He has too many character flaws to be an Autobot. Now, Dreadwing on the other hand...

6. Quirriff

Quirriff Well-Known Member

Autobot: No

Autobot ally: It's becoming likely...since he hates Airachnid, Megatron and Silas more. But being united by hatred is a fragile alliance at best.

But he's out on his own...unlike Airachnid who has her insecticons, and now without a Transformation Cog, his movements are somewhat limited.

But it's likely that he'll discover the autobots are getting their asses kicked by MECH he will help them by giving them the location of MECH's energon mine, since at the moment he prefers bots, to cons or MECH.

7. bossman328

bossman328 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't see why starscream doesn't steal a t-cog from the dead insecticon...or the dead vehicons

8. wm10k

wm10k Reanimator of Dead Things

and who will be the one to install it?

9. Surge

Surge Village Dolt

News Credits:
    I can see Starscream possibly begging to join their side again, but Arcee will never allow it.

10. Chromia217

Chromia217 I luv Mark Hamill

I like this alot! :thumb 

11. bossman328

bossman328 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    he could trade more info to ratchet and have him install it

12. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I could see him going the Blackarachnia route, but it would be a fairly significant departure from the traditional Starscream role.

All things considered, he's still my favorite character.

13. Space Jawa

Space Jawa Cybertronian

As much of a long shot as it would be for Starscream to become an Autobot, I'd say this is even less of a possibility. Starscream willingly offering to take a course of action that would undoubtedly lead to his death? No. No way he'd do that. Starscream's too determined to live for him to even consider something like that.

14. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

how would megatron react you ask?

id wager that megatron would develop a serious rivalry with optimus prime to the point that megatron would essentaully become the vegeta/xanatose to optimus prime's goku /goliath over time.

now if we can jsut count on mech and unicron to becoe a even greater mutual enemy to autobot and decpeticon alike over time

15. Thilda

Thilda Treat your mother right!

News Credits:
    A very interesting theory, but in my opinion sacrifice is against the very essence of who Starscream is. He might have a Pet the Dog moment every now and then, but by the end of the day Starscream fights only for the greater good of Starscream. Also I don't believe Starscream would give up on his life so easily; he's ambitious and determined- just look how much it took for Megatron to break his resolve; and it only lasted for half an episode anyway.

The growing trust between the Autobots and Starscream is an interesting concept and I wish it would get more development over the course of season. It could also lead to some moral dilemma and emotional strain for both sides.

BTW the idea of using the Spark Extractor to get rid of the Insecticons is brilliant and I feel kinda stupid for not having thought about it myself. Personally I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Insecticons will come back sooner, maybe for the mid-season finale.
    But the Spark Extractor McGuffin would require sacrifice and... argh I can't hold it... must resist... 3...2...1... maybe that's how Bulkhead will die? (a Bulkhead death theory, what have I done!?! )

16. cuad

cuad VOK EMISSARY

News Credits:
    This is an excellent question that I was wondering myself.

This was the first thought that came to my mind. In fact, I wrote in my big essay that Starscream could still offer information to Ratchet in return for medical care, but now I think that ignores the moment in Crossfire where Optimus Prime says "it would seem Starscream orchestrated this convergence in the hope that all his enemies would destroy each other on his behalf" to which Bulkhead replies "and I fell for it". Bulkhead has been Ratchet's get-information-from-Starscream partner, so Starscream may have burned that bridge. (I think this moment is important because when I first heard it, I thought it was oddly accusatory of Optimus Prime.)

Then I wondered who else could do it. It would have to be someone with the ability to do t-cog surgery and someone who wasn't mad that Starscream led them to Airachnid. One candidate is Knockout. He wasn't involved in Crossfire, Airachnid killed his assistant and he can probably do t-cog surgery because he is a medic, but it isn't confirmed.

Y'all know who is both confirmed to be able to do t-cog surgery and confirmed not to be mad that Starscream led them to Airachnid? That's EFFING right. It's Arcee.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
  17. Stygian360

Stygian360 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    To be an Autobot (I would assume) requires a degree of selflessness and 'goodness' that Starscream simply doesn't possess. Not because he couldn't possess these things, but instead moreso because he has no desire to. If nothing else past iterations, seasons, and various media have showcased that Starscream is much to self-serving, cowardly, and vicious to ever allow taking on a calling (because that's kind of what it is you think about it) of being an Autobot.

Furthermore I've never bought into the idea of Transformers switching sides in any interpretation or media presentation of these characters, because their demarcation is so black/white - good/evil. The Decepticons all seem to have some inherent badness or darkness to their spark that makes them want to hurt, degrade, and destroy life, and yet Autobots just the opposite. Without getting into the whole ideological aspects of each faction, I don't see how an utterly despicable and selfish creature like Starscream would suddenly switch sides to be good and how the Autobots could just accept him over without major training wheels to help engender trust. Good going bad sure I get that...but bad going good? What's the motivation? What's in it for that bot, especially one as dark and sycophantic as Starscream? I guess I'm not saying it's IM-possible... just highly, highly unlikely.

18. 0MEGATR0N

0MEGATR0N Robot/Gladiator

nope.

19. Space Jawa

Space Jawa Cybertronian

Would it really require someone to sacrifice themselves? I can't imagine it would be that hard to rig it up as a trap or set it to go off after X seconds and drop it down out of the sky or throw it through a ground bridge.

That could make for an interesting situation, especially if we end up actually getting a 'Starscream and Arcee team up to try to kill Airachnid' episode (which, now that I've come to mind, I continue to like more the more I think about it).

20. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

Not mine. Took it from someone in the season two finale speculation thread, I think. Or maybe the Insecticon hive thread. I don't remember.