will starscream become a autobot ally over time?

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by GENOZAUR, Apr 1, 2012.

1. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

with the way everything finally ended between arcee and starscream in crossfire wiht starscream apparently walking away from the war all together i got a question

just how far is his character going to go in removing hiself from the war over time?

will he simply change his role to that of a war profiteer who has set up shop as a black market dealer in cybertronian /human technology and data information?

or will he become over time a part time mercenary on the sly as well?

its pretty clear that both sides in their way value him

the autobots cause he provides them with useful information though starscream always has some kind of personel angle to exploint in the matter

and the decepticon command with megatron due to starscream knowing far too much regarding their day to day operations and his also knowing where all the so called skeletons and lost secrets are burried for some part anyway

either way so far as megatron is concerned starscream is much to valuable a historical and technological/data resource to allow the autobots to freely exploit him for theirpersonel gain over time

and i woud wager that makes starscream a dead con walking in megatron's eyes

to be brutally hoenst i actually believe this would be the perfect way for starscream to really screw megatron over big time.

in a way starscream would actually be a kind of long distant autobot ally of sorts if his character were to develope and change over time in these ways

if starscream were to actually attempt to go full on autobot over time i could actually see him turning out like armada starscream or beast wars dinobot over time in the strugle over split loyalties and beliefs over time to be honest

2. ABrown

ABrown Well-Known Member

Even if he has situations where he ends up helping the Autobots, he'll never become an actual "Autobot". He only helps the Autobots to help himself. It's not as though he believes in the Autobot cause.

3. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    He'll never be an ally to anyone, he only uses others to get what he needs. There's no mystery there at all.

4. LCDR Blindside

LCDR Blindside Banned

News Credits:
    I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who sees a burgeoning Autobot in Starscream. OR at least, as ABrown said, an assistant. He's shown himself capable of working for good, even if only for medical help.

5. optronix72

optronix72 Autobot

Ebay:
    I think Starscream is his own faction lol, he will do what he needs to survive.

6. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He practically already is an Autobot ally.

7. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

to be heonst i actually think it woudl be interesting to see this starscream develope overtim into being the noble demon

basicly his being the etrigan demon ally to them over time in his way

8. Flashdisk

Flashdisk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    As I said before. I think it would be a very interesting take on Starscream if he does become an autobot. And it would take some amazing writing.

Also, I'd like there to be someone that would constantly push Optimus' ability to lead. Someone that he could debate with, make him question his beliefs, leave him scratching his head etc. Maybe that could be Starscream.

Edit: Also I think Optimus Prime could teach Starscream some things. And maybe even learn some things as well. Optimus is a very straight and pure character. I think there needs to be a dark character that's privy to manipulation that he can bounce ideas with. Maybe, even test his resolve. Someone who's not mesmerized by the rank of Prime. Also, someone who knows the Decepticon point of view.

This has been done before in the show; Farscape. When John Crighton ends up with Scorpius in Moya, and a Scropius clone in his head. Scorpius is able to show the gravity of a situation and the complexity of a given scenario. And even at times give insight on why certain individuals act a certain way.

It was again done during the introduction of 7 of 9 in Startrek Voyager. The conflict between Captain Janeway and 7 of 9's points of view were at times the highlight of certain episodes. The same goes with the conflict between Chakotay and Janeway.

Given Starscream's own previous position as a commander, he'd be a likely candidate for that position.

To a lesser degree it can be similar to the unlikely friendships in tv such as House. House is the out of the box thinker while Wilson is the moral backbone.

Also, I think Starscream could keep Optimus on his toes. Someone who's able to add a bit of uncertainty and conflict in the team. Someone that could enable Optimus to exercise his ability to be the peacemaker. I doubt everyone would be happy with a character such as Starscream joining the team.

Also, if there's any truth to the idea that even Decepticons can be redeemed, then who better than Starscream? It also adds a bit of irony in the story. Megatron gains a warrior who'd be better off as an autobot(Dreadwing). And Optimus gains a warrior who'd be better off as a Decepticon. What's the difference between their forms of leadership. And how will it effect their respective soldiers?

9. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    I could see Dreadwing switching sides before Starscream. Starscream would only join to suit his needs, then find a way to backstab everybody. Heck Breakdown was more likely but under recent situations I don't see that happening anymore.

10. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    They they need to introduce a Rattrap like character, or use Wheeljack for that purpose.

11. megapork

megapork Cheese

Probably for a little while. Or he could team up wit arcee and double team Airachnid.

12. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

oh sweet freaking primus YES YES YES A THOUSAND TIMES YES

13. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

man i really opened up a can of worms with the whole noble demon idea for starscreams character

14. Cyberwolf1980

Cyberwolf1980 Deceptus Templar C-Dub TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Contrary to the naysayers, I feel that in this episode Starscream showed something he's lacked since Armada. Honor. Maybe he is only for himself and will only assist the Autobots for personal gain, but he had one major opportunity to kill Arcee, and instead chose to spare and partially free her. Yes, he said they were even, but as I recall Dinobot once said the same thing to Optimus Primal at the end of Beast Wars Part 2. There is potential and we were promised a Dinobot like character for Prime. Given his Armada history, he is a possible candidate. Just a thought.

15. Space Jawa

Space Jawa Cybertronian

I don't think he'll ever become a full-fledged Autobot. I don't see that kind of potential in this particular version of him. He's too self-serving for that or to take orders from Prime. I could potentially see Starscream becoming a Wrecker with enough development and time if they weren't effectively defunct (the black-ops and 'outside the chain of command' idea seems to suit him). And if wasn't likely on less than friendly terms with Wheeljack after their last encounter.

Nor do I see Arcee ever fully forgiving him for killing Cliffjumper.

However, I could see him becoming a reluctant ally to the Autobots, where the two aren't ever actively trying to kill one another and (maybe, somewhere far down the road) having grown beyond the idea of manipulating them for his own gain (long shot for this actually happening, but hey). I wouldn't be surprised if long term his relationship with the autobots mostly turns into 'I'll provide you with intel if you come by and provide me with medical care'. Maybe there might even be potential for team-up down the road.

I wouldn't be surprised if this leads to Starscream getting a new T-Cog. With the Insecticons looming, I could see Starscream agreeing to aid the Autobots in fighting them, if only to take Airachnid down a notch, but gets Rachet to install a t-cog he stole from somewhere first, since he's really not much use in direct combat without it.

Likewise, while I don't see Arcee ever forgiving him, I do think we may have seen the start of them being willing to let each other live. A 'You let me live last time, I'll let you live this time' kind of thing.

Or, again, maybe the two will agree to or accept a reluctant team-up to hunt down Airachnid as a mutual more-hated foe. Maybe Starscream finds out where Airachnid is hiding and, knowing he can't take her alone, contacts Arcee and says 'Hey, you know how the one thing we share in common is our undying hatred for Airachnid and how we'd both like to kill her? I know where she'd hiding. How'd you like to help me hunt her down and kill her?'

So full autobot, no not really. Autobot Ally? Yeah, I could see it happening.

16. rattraprules98

rattraprules98 AKA Chr0nus

News Credits:
    He does what he needs to do to survive. That is all.

17. AlexaStar

AlexaStar Starscream is love

God, I hope so. Armada Starscream is my favorite because of how different he was portrayed from the original G1 Starscream archetype.

18. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

hell yeah i could totally see this starscream develope into being a full on bw dinobot type of character in the same vein as armada starscream

now if the show would just bring on a rattrap like autobot character to be paired up with starscream over time

now that would be awesome

19. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    You know they could still go down the path of Armada.

Doesn't mean he should be a Autobot but an ally againist Megatron, Airachnid and MECH.

20. SeekerofTruth20

SeekerofTruth20 Prime of Primes

I don't know if Starscream would be the Dinobot type character...I see that being Dreadwing. Regardless of that, I think this Starscream i one of the best iterations of the character ever. :)