Will smoking ruin your figures or packages?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Optimus Layne, May 9, 2008.

1. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    So you "agreed" that she doesn't smoke inside and she does anyway?
    That's why I asked if you valued your relationship. You apparently do if you are putting up with her breaking the agreement. So yeah, put your toys away or build the door to the den before more damage is done. Again, good luck.

2. Alex5

Alex5 No Broken

Animated BB has just entered 'flavour country' by the looks of things...

3. Cyber_Tronian

Cyber_Tronian Well-Known Member

LMAO this thread has made my day.

4. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Okay... this made me laugh, HARD.

5. Optimus Layne

Optimus Layne Autobot Commander

lol i know huh lol but it's a good one like night and day

[​IMG]

6. Optimus Layne

well i doubt she would want me smoking ( if i did smoke ) around her transformer vibrant prime
    [​IMG]

7. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    Do you have a patio? That's where I asked my ex-wife to go smoke. Buy a nice set of patio furniture, give the girls a nice place to go talk about you.

BTW, you're in Texas. It's May. Why would they NOT want to be outside?

8. ninety

ninety NERDS!!

News Credits:
    ^ Bumblebee smokes my brand!
    They will however discolour anything the smoke touches, noticed the other day my loose Wheeljack has started to turn :( 

If anyone here adds 'anything' to their tobacco, that smoke is even thicker and clingier. Transformations can be more interesting/challenging, but it's a timebomb!

If she persists, perhaps accidentally wash her whites with a colour? Similar sort of thing :lol 

9. Cyber_Tronian

Cyber_Tronian Well-Known Member

Hahahah great point.

10. Optimus Layne

yeah it has chairs and a table i guess they think the sun may melt their faces off because of all the make up they wear and they may end up looking like [​IMG]

11. Optimus Layne

i'll wash her whites with a carton of the brand of cigarettes she smokes lol

12. Noisemaze2006

Noisemaze2006 Banned

I got a green Stoneheart from the Rock Lords. I thought it was some kind of variant. The arms & legs were really loose so I took it apart to tighten them. The inside of the figure was the same light blue as all the others. I'm not sure what turned the outside green but I suspect it was cigarette smoke. The guy I got them from is a smoker, all the stuff he sent me reaks of smoke.

In this case it's fricken awesome! A very cool repaint.

13. overlander

overlander Stunticon

I'd abbreviate that to:

If you want her/them to live, that is.

14. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Former Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Not only will it discolor, but the toys may become tacky with the accumulation of nicotine and tar from the smoke. It clings as a yellowish gunk. It also will cause quite a noxious stink to remain even with cleaning, and the yellowish stains can never be fully removed.

It will also cause headaches with PCs, moreso if you have pets. The same stuff that accumulates on the toys will cover heatsinks and gum up fan motors in a PC. If you have pets, it will attract and accumuate hairs and cause heat buildup. Even if you don't, the funk will accumulate and bind the dust and dirt that's in air anywhere, and create an insulating layer. This is the case for any electronics. So expect early failure of any VCRs, DVD players, video game systems, televisions, etc. that you may own. if it's a flat-screen TV with the non-glass screen types, the funk can even bond with that surface plastic and discolor the screen itself.

Nevermind the pervasive stink on all your furniture, clothes, bedsheets, towels (how can anyone stand washing with a nicotene-infested towel and cloth? *shudder*).

15. TENIME_art

TENIME_art Ethically Challenged

Ebay:
    :lolol 

Best. Joke. Ever.

:lol 

16. Optimus Layne

true dat

17. Nerdling

Nerdling Jiminy Jilikers!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Doesnt take long for cigarette smoke to fuck things up. The color of your walls will fade, the house will have a generally shitty smell that will be almost impossible to exorcise. Your TFs will be the last thing on your mind.

18. Optimus Layne

we already covered that part earlier lol

19. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

It's worth asking..but, what kind of cigarettes does she smoke? All cigarette smoke is not created equal. Regular ol' cigarettes will stink up and discolor the joint. 'Natural/additive-free' cigarettes in my experience, do not. I used to smoke Marlboros, but switched to American Spirits several years ago. I've never been a heavy smoker, but I smoked those regularly in the last apartment I lived in by myself (for 4-5 years), with toys all over the damn place.

The walls did not turn yellow, my place did not stink, my original PS2 still works like a charm, as does my receiver from 1995, and I defy anyone to identify which toys lived in that apartment for several years based on smell and/or discoloration, including the particularly susceptible Stormtrooper/Clone portion of the Star Wars collection.

I'm not going to argue that they're any less destructive health-wise, but I think it's quite likely the hundreds of chemicals and other weird shit in your average 'normal' cigarette that are the primary culprit of all the damaging external effects mentioned here.

20. Spekkio

Spekkio Master of War

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Her excuse about stress is unfounded, first of all. Nicotine actually increases stress, not decreases it. And over time its effects accumulate. Addicts feel relief at first, but that's because they're getting their fix.

As for cleaning toys, Febreze should be harmless, but I don't know how effective it'll be. I've never run into this issue myself, thankfully. I'm thinking baking soda, myself - maybe a baking soda and water solution. If dilute enough, it might be thin enough to put in a spray bottle.

I don't know what your financial situation is, but they do make air purifiers.