Will Shout Release RID and Animated season 3?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Tampalicious, Apr 6, 2012.

1. Tampalicious

Tampalicious Tribe of Roadimus

when I say RID I refer to the car robots with Sideburn etc. That series is one of my favorites but with the way the internet is these days, I just cant watch it.

Same goes for Ani season 3.

Any inside info if these awesome shows will get the season set treatment?

2. Malancthon

Malancthon Kyūkyoku Hakaijin

I wish. There seems to be some dispute between Cartoon Network, which is resulting in Animated ssn3 to be forever delayed.

RID is actually owned by Disney. Saben (Power Rangers) did the dub, so Saben had the rights to RID, then Saben got bought up by Disney. I don't know how much it would cost for Hasbro to get RID back, but so far there hasn't been any interest in Hasbro to put out Animated ssn3 and RID.

More's the shame, really.

3. Optimus1986

Optimus1986 TMNT & Hulk Fanatic

^Shout recently made a deal with Saban. They're releasing Ninja Turtles: the Next Mutation and FINALLY releasing Power Rangers in full seasons. So, there may yet be hope for RiD.

4. Tampalicious

Tampalicious Tribe of Roadimus

ahh man. That really is a pity. So if I may be so bold, is it illegal to watch them on youtube? I dont know the whole deal with the sopa thing . I've heard contradicting things.
    For example I watched Prime on youtube but it made me run out and buy the dvd because I wanted to own it. So isnt youtube a commercial in its own right? Hasbro only made money by me watching them there.

Also, IF any of us were tried for watching shows online, wouldnt american people be in the jury? And wouldnt they understand that its BS?

I purchased every Animated dvd. The ball was dropped by the company so its Illegal for us to watch the season? Seems odd/ just plain mean.

Now on the other hand I can see if someone had some illegal cable hooked up to steal Wrestlemnia or whatnot, thats illegal.

But downloading a thirty minute commercial for toys that would only, lets be honest, make more money for hasbro in the long run (when you see them on screen you want the toys right?) IS illegal from what Ive heard. And I dont want to press my luck.

I didnt keep any of the shows I watched online. I wish I did but I didnt....lol.

Im gonna miss Rock Lords alot too, since I heard it may not see dvd? Oh well I guess the cookies crumblin. Perhaps we all had it too easy. I'm just scared because it feels like "give the people enough rope to hang themselves with" kinda thing.

But to clarify: I will never again download anything, now that I know its wrong. And I didnt make hard copies not even of music. I deleted my TF fan videos off youtube since Stan Bush music was on it. Oh well, times have changed I guess.

Thanks for the info! I forgot Disney had the rights. Doesnt seem like a show they'd air either not even on XD.

edit: Oh yes, Im gettin that Power Rangers, its about time!

5. Malancthon

That is interesting news! We can only hope for RID!

I'd also like Armada to be released like how Cybertron and Energon was.

6. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  7. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
  8. MightySnorlax

MightySnorlax Well-Known Member

But as far as anyone knows, Saban right now only owns it's live action shows. With the exception of Samurai Pizza Cats (whose rights Disney released it seems.) there is no evidence that the Saban anime were purchased back. Now of course this doesn't mean Shout can't work something out with Disney. I'm actually amazed they've done nothing with the show.

Animated, as stated above, is half owned by Cartoon Network. Good luck with that one.

These two will need some sorting out. I do hope there comes a time Animated gets a full DVD release. I had waited on the Animated season sets and last I looked they were quite expensive. It'll be quite a shame if we never get a high-quality season 3 release in the states.

I'm personally curious. What's the status with Beast Wars II and Beast Wars Neo. Did Hasbro license those shows like they did the Japanese G1 shows? Or are they still in limbo?

9. The Crazy Collector

The Crazy Collector Well, that's just Prime!

Ebay:
    Armada was released on DVD.

10. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Animated is not half owned by cartoon network. This bit of misinformation needs to stop.

That's something that was just assumed, and never said by hasbro, or CN.

Derrick J Wyatt said Hasbro owns it completely. I'm gonna trust the show's art director on it.

11. MWG

MWG Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hasbro would be the ones making deals with Disney to get the RiD rights, not Shout. They pretty much try to own all the rights possible to their properties nowadays, and Shout would be licensing it from them and not any other parties. As for Animated, who knows what is true? All I am certain of is the pilot and first two seasons got a modest release and haven't been seen since. I think if Hasbro had all the rights to it, all of it would be available on DVD and it would have had some reprints as long as it was in demand.

+-MWG-+

12. ErbFan28

ErbFan28 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Even though I already have seasons 1 and 2, I still think they should release a complete series box set with commentaries, interviews, and other special features

Same with RID

13. Primus5289

Primus5289 Well-Known Member

I'd love if Shout released Animated. I could never get the first two seasons when they were released and when I read the third wasn't going to be I gave up. Still have them taped from the TV but VHS is so outdated it's silly.

14. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Yeah, this. I think Hasbro just doesn't want to undermine TFP finding an audience.

15. Malancthon

It was released like a Rhino dvd set- in two volumes and pricey. ($60 a piece, if I recall correctly)

Energon and Cybertron were released (eventually) in a complete set for a much cheaper price ($40 or so).

That's what I would have liked with Armada.

16. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Yeah, don't want to confuse the kids. "Mommy....Bumblebee.... talks?" 20 years later "I remember seeing this one series as a kid with a talking Bumblebee. My childhood died right there."

17. shockwave2005

shockwave2005 Well-Known Member

Funny thing - they could have avoided that if they had just released it BACK WHEN THE SHOW ENDED ITS RUN ON CN. Animated ended in May of 2009 and Prime didn't start until November of 2010.

There was about a year and a half gap between the two shows. WTF?

Ugh, annoying to no end.

18. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Make a full box set of TFA, I will buy it.

Probably one of the few series truly worth owning on DVD.

19. Quicky

Quicky TRANSFORM and ROLL OUT!!!

Ebay:
    ^^THIS^^...and RID needs to come out as well. I downloaded both shows because its simply not available but I would buy a complete series box set of each.

20. Megabattimus

Megabattimus Same As It Ever Was

News Credits:
    Well, I know Saban got the rights to the English dub of Digimon. How do I know this? Because I own the first half of Digimon Adventure 01 on DVD, and it has the English Dub and Saban logo things at the end of every episode. So, it stands to reason that Saban may have also got the rights to RID as well.