Will shockwave return in transformers prime?

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by GENOZAUR, Jan 2, 2011.

1. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    If Corey Burton doesn't want to voice Shockwave, Get Steven Blum to do it.

Steven Blum actually voiced Shockwave in WFC, betcha didn't know that kids.

2. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

I haven't got to play the game, so I didn't really know that. Was that his voice in the Gamestop ad?

Though if that is indeed the case, then he may just end up voicing the character anyway, for whenever he shows up. Given Blum is already on the voice cast.

3. wildfly

wildfly Fermenting pork tube.

News Credits:
    IIRC, Burton said he doesn't want to do film work, and didn't specifically say he wouldn't work on Transformers, or Shockwave in cartoon form.

(correct me if i'm wrong)

Animated Shockwave seems like a hard act to follow... but yes, i would quite like to see Shockwave return.

4. MegaPaultron

MegaPaultron Well-Known Member

I could imagine Shockwave in Prime though...Recently Corey Burton said he didnt want to play Shockwave..

But we need that opposite to Megatrons harshness a cool calculating mind that isnt Starscream who is and always has been a cunning cowardly backstabber...Its early days we still need to see which Bots and Cons have survived the war on Cybertron....

Im excited for one im also excited to see the toy molds...

5. Sprocket

Sprocket Problematic.

News Credits:
    No, that was Burton, as the wiki article notes.

6. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Stevem Blum's Shockwave voice sounds nothing like G1 Shockwave. I'm playing the game and instead of "british chubby scientist" he sounds more like SLIM MEAN SCIENTIST.

7. Sprocket

Sprocket Problematic.

News Credits:
    The long and short of it is if you want Corey Burton back as Shockwave, Prime's production staff have only one thing to say to you:

"Tough noogies."

Don't like it? CRY SOME MOAR.

8. TFcollecterguy

TFcollecterguy Well-Known Member

Oh mah god that would actually be so hilarious! :lolol  It would be like crazy insane shockwave. Actually, He would be good for a cool version of Shockblast from Energon. (raises eyebrow)

9. Chris B

Chris B Well-Known Member

What makes you so sure they wont bring Burton back?

10. Sorrow Six Star

Sorrow Six Star 3 2 1 Countach!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I asked him directly on his forum. He was offered to read for those characters but did not audition. Mostly because he didn't like the way they wrote jazz and they wanted him use a line from "Brawn" to try out for Brawl.
    When it was mentioned whether or not he would play shockwave for prime if it came up he didn't say he wouldn't... he didn't say he would either.

11. DarthCrusher

DarthCrusher Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Get someone else to voice Shockwave.

It's not that I don't want to see Burton involved in Transformers, don't get me wrong, but we can't have the same guy doing the character's voice forever, in EVERY SINGLE SOLITARY iteration of the franchise (as Peter Cullen seems to be starting to do). It gets old after a while.

And for that matter, if Shockwave is in Prime, he should be a completely distinct entity from previous Shockwaves. Design cues are fine, but don't just copy the characterization verbatim from G1/Energon/Animated. Let this character be able to stand on his own, without the main allure of his being there being ITZ THAT GUY FRUM GEEWUN. I mean, I loved Animated to death, but it seemed like that was going on quite a bit, and I don't want Prime to suffer from it.