will rid voyager starscream be inscale?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Magnus12, Mar 18, 2012.

1. Magnus12

Magnus12 Well-Known Member

I know, I really never cared about scale, but for some reason I want to get the scale right for the prime line haha.

2. ezim93

ezim93 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    From what I have seen in the toy fair pictures it doesn't look in Scale at all. however it appears to be a lot more show accurate. Bonus points for giving us a mech tech null ray.

3. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Crossdresser Toy Collector

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Why does ANYONE even bother with posts like this WHEN WE'VE SEEN THE PHYSICAL ITEM AT COVNENTIONS?!

It is blatantly, CLEARLY out of scale with everything else. Goddamn.

4. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    Problem with Starscream (ALL Starscreams) and scale is that he mass-shifts like nobody's business. Look how big the various Screamers would be if he never shrank for robot mode (note G1 Megatron's height is based on G1 Optimus's):
    [​IMG]
    granted the Animated SS may be "too big" just because Lugnut compresses to an extreme degree

Going by this pic, Starscream looks to be the tallest amongst the Voyagers:
    [​IMG]
    ...though his jet mode (what appears to be a F-16 Fighting Falcon) is still far too small -- Optimus's truck would, at most, be 30' (though more likely ~25'), while SS's jet should be nearly 50'. That is, it should be at least a Leader figure to properly size up with a Voyager truck. Of course, Starscream's robot form should be smaller than Optimus's to be show accurate...

5. Primus_feather

Primus_feather Well-Known Member

At what point (in the show) have we seen Starscream's jet to be "in-scale" with Earth Jets? I cannot recall a single moment where he's side to side with one! It could be that he small as far as jet size is concerned.. He doesn't resemble any conventional jet (yes he's F-16 in theme, very loosely) so it could be he's closer to the size of a early jet (not much more the 30ft long) thus putting around the size of Optimus?

6. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Crossdresser Toy Collector

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    It could be, but truth be told it's very hard to say. I'd say no, that he wouldn't really be that small because blatant mass shifting does indeed happen. Arcee is a case in point, and Bulkhead. There's NO WAY Bulkhead can be that big in 'bot mode even with an SUV unless he's all empty space inside, like the FE voyager.

That being said the F-16 which Starscream is based on is a smaller jet, but it's still about 49'5" long with a 39'8" wingspan. Compare that to the F-22 in the movie trilogy, with a length of 62'1" and a wingspan of 44'6"

As far as the jet goes, here's a good image of the F-16. You can clearly see the inspiration for Prime Starscream in the F-16.

[​IMG]

7. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

I think we saw him next to Bulky, Optimus, and Megs, and he was the tallest. I'll probably buy him just for the fact he is the tallest Voyager and also looks the best.

8. Counterpunch?

Counterpunch? Interior Renovator

Ebay:
    And some people think that a little relative scale between their toys looks good.

9. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If you want scale, may as well go after the deluxe. The voyager won't be as good.

Agreed. I'm not totally anal about scale, but I don't want a freaking Arcee that's taller than my Bumblebee, Cliffjumper, Wheeljack, and Soundwave. That just looks ugly to me when put on a display together.

10. shockwave2005

shockwave2005 Well-Known Member

Yes. This.

11. Raiju

Raiju Navel Shocker Veteran

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    That's why I plan to have RiD Arcee with the other Bots. FE Arcee (I dig the mold despite her being out of scale) can be displayed together with Voyager Screamer just because they're both my favorite characters on the show. =)

12. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think he'll be in scale in robot mode with Arcee, Bumblebee and the human figures, love the FE version so much though.