Will Reneration One Really End At Issue 100?

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by lazerface, Oct 11, 2012.

1. lazerface

lazerface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have seen interviews with Simon Furman stating that the plan is to end Regeneration One at 100 issues, so they have a chance to tie up all the loose ends, and really have closure to the series.

Do you think the creative team will really end the series at 100 issues if it is still selling well? Or will they keep it going and risk falling into the same problem later, where it gets canceled or left unfinished?

What do you want to happen?

Personally I like the idea of a epic conclusion at 100 issues, which will always be set in stone.

2. Bass X0

Bass X0 King of Muay Thai

News Credits:
    Yep. Apparently we won't want another Regeneration One continuation once he gives us the 100th issue.

3. PrimeOQZ

PrimeOQZ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    At botcon this year, he said it was going to conclude. But, he also mentioned if it sells well, you never know what might happen after that.

4. MECHADOOM

MECHADOOM I'm Doombot and I know it

5. Magnus' Mate

Magnus' Mate Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If the comic had sold really well, I am sure it would've continued beyond #100.

However, it's pulling in more or less what the other two ongoings are. No TF comic these days seems to be able to get above 10-12k sales (a shocking drop from the days of Dreamwave, where an 'average' was about 70k, with some issues breaching 100k).

If RG1 had arrived and shaken things up, then IDW could've pulled the "by popular demand, we're continuing the title" trick.

As it is, they'll be able to stop at #100 and, head held high, say "see? We were always planning to stop now anyway."

6. Star Saber

Star Saber Cybertron 5th Commander

News Credits:
    Not really shocking when you consider other comic companies are also suffering a similar drop in sales in recent years. Consider that during the early 90s the Jim Lee/Chris Claremont X-Men 1 sold around 8 million copies, in the mid 90s, X-Men
    and Uncanny X-Men did about 200,000 copies easily, and yet both titles are only doing 30,000 and 60,000 respectively during Sept 2012.