Will Prime get the Matrix?

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by ORIO, Mar 7, 2008.

1. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So, two things I've noticed.

1) The Voyager Prime toy looks awfully beefy. Almost as if he gets powered up sometime down the road

2) when Sari brings him back in the movie, his chest cavity looks like it could hold the matrix

Could Magnus be the current holder of the Matrix? If he is, I can see him dying and passing it to Prime.

What'd ya think?

2. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    i think you crazy!!! but i think thats totally awesome too...

3. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think there's... no Matrix at all.

4. Sideways

Sideways Banned

blue or red pill ?

5. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

there may be a matrix, there may not be one, but, i doubt there will be one in the first two seasons.

6. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    The Matrix and the AllSpark are one in the same in this continuity, or so I thought. That being said, he already has the Matrix/AllSpark ... it's in his ship in the bottom of Lake Eerie :D 

7. Dolza_Khyron

the matrix was a plot device used for the original movie, do we really need 2 really powerful items in this series? lol i mean there is no unicron so far in this series right? it's not like there is a point to having the matrix, so i ask, do we really need, an allspark, AND a matrix?

8. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I'm with Kickback, I thought the Allspark was meant to serve the role of the Matrix in this series. The Allspark already looks a fair bit like a Matrix.

9. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    I done think there's a matrix in this conti. even if it ends up having one, it'll prolly be different than g1.

10. Dolza_Khyron

the only way that there SHOULD be a matrix would be if the allspark gets in the hands of the con's, that way at least BOTH have some super all powerful weapon/thing lol. other wise, if the autobots had both, that would just be too powerful, titling it into the autobots hands, thus, not nearly as interesting if the autobots have 2 super powerful weapons, just not fun, in my opinion.

so i actually, hope there is not a matrix.

11. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    With it's colour, centrally located "portal" and those handles I'd say that's exactly what the prodution team were trying to get across.

Also, Prime's chest cavity was just his spark chamber to my mind. While we've seen Sari use her key on the Autobots half a dozen times already Prime was the only one to have actually flat out died. Thus his spark was extinguished and had to be reignited etc.

12. IronicHide

IronicHide MEME GO HERE

Hmmm, yes. As Kickback, KA, and all above.

I think Prime's chest opening and any similarity to the inside of TFTM '86 Prime's chest (and then turning black at point of death) was done for the same reason and by the same people that worked in Kremzeek, Daniel & Spike, purple t-rex pinatas, Starscream's grating tones, Soundwave's tape deck presentation case, "energon-y goodness", Wreck-Gar, at least one lime-green Constructicon, Grimlock's transformation/voice/attitude, and all the other nods...

Some of these may serve a purpose, the main one being pleasant familiarity between cartoon-makers and cartoon-watchers.

13. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I agree, there's some fans in amongst the production team who like working in these easter eggs. I'd go so far as to say there's fans at all levels of the production, because even in the bits that aren't references or nods to fans, there's still a feeling of love and pride. That is what sets this aside from the other shows, this one has spirit and has people working on it who love what they are doing. I didn't get that feeling as much from the AEC shows.

14. Primus

Primus Beware, the modelers. Veteran

News Credits:
    I could see how they could have both the "Autobot Matrix of Leadership" and the Allspark. Considering the number of G1 nods we have seen thus far it seems likely that at some point Optimus will obtain the Matrix of Leadership thus making him the defacto leader of the Autobots.

15. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Um, I think it's just because Prime in the show is beefy. Voyager Prime is just Prime, no power up. Not even the axe which I was hoping was a new one appears to just be a double-sided version of his axe from the show. (You can see the sculpted details of his current axe on the back, the other stuff is just his Fire truck mode parts) Like the one his Cybertronian Deluxe has.

16. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    Yeah plus the allspark looks exactly like the matrix except a diffrent shape

17. Black Oracle

Black Oracle Black Convoy's Dark Angel

News Credits:
    Maybe the Animated Allspark could do what the '07 Movie Allspark did: downsize! At least to a compact size that could be stuffed into Optimus' chest if he needed to hide and move it for some reason. Hence Optimus could then have his Matrix of leadership. It's just a matter of the Allspark reforming itself into a more matrix-like shape and size.

18. MugenAutobot

MugenAutobot Well-Known Member

There had better not be a Matrix, Unicron, powered up Megetron into Galvatron, Headmasters, TargetMasters, etc...I've seen it all before and I want something new and fresh. So far Animated is awesome and my only fear is that they could botch it by doing one of more of the above.

19. Julliant

Julliant This space for rent.

The Allspark IS the Matrix.

After a few seasons the Autobots have begun rapidly losing possession of Cybertron as the Decepticons, now in possession of the Allspark, sweep the city states.

All hope lies with Prime and Ultra Magnus's teams as they lead a patched up team to infiltrate and regain the Allspark, with the help of the key they still have. Ultra Magnus stands against Megatron, who swiftly returned to the storage chamber where he keeps the Allspark, after getting word of the Autobot's last attempt from Soundwave. He dies buying them time.

Prime has a one on one talk with the Allspark, which we know is sentient - it chose to channel part of itself into Sari's key so it has a second body for "communication", it prevented Sari from harming the Ark, it warned Sari of Megatron's impending return. The Allspark speaks to Prime and reveals itself to be THE Matrix, an entity within the Allspark, sent by Primus to oversee the Cybertronian race - the Transformers.

It is Prime's destiny to lead the Autobots and the time is now. The Allspark shrinks into a familiar size for Prime to keep.

I think my brain just vomited.