Will Peter Cullen voice Ironhide?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by A/OrionPax/3, Feb 18, 2007.

1. A/OrionPax/3

A/OrionPax/3 Welcome to Funkutron

Anyone out there know if Peter Cullen will voice over Ironhide in addition to Prime? Personally, I think that would be the thing to do. That raspy, deep southern sheriff thing that he did for him was just as lengendary as Prime

2. Boo

Boo Addicted to candy canes.

Ebay:
    Not that i know of...

3. TimothyVernon

TimothyVernon Well-Known Member

i don't see why not

4. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

News Credits:
    i hope he only does prime

5. Maximo Prime

Maximo Prime Bassist of Ill Repute

Ebay:
    i'm pretty sure he's not.

6. Wiggyof09

Wiggyof09 Well-Known Member

To me Prime's voice and Ironhides vice were rather similar. It was more or less Prime with an accent. That would be my reason for not having him voice both characters. And to me having him voice Prime is way cooler than Ironhide.

7. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

It would be nice if he voiced Ironhide like he did in G1, but I don't think he's going to. They might already got somebody else to play that part.

8. unicron's blues

unicron's blues I need to get rich!

I'd love to see it happen but then again, usually anything I want for the movie has a zero chance of happening(like actually looking like transformers).

9. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

Yeah, you would think that Bay would at least be... oh, what's the word... let's just say, if he would have just kept things as close to what us TF fans recognize as being Transformers, then we would all be happy.

10. unicron's blues

QFT, I mean lets face it, the only one that you can actually recognize without being told whos who is Prime.

11. Superman_Alpha

Superman_Alpha TF: Animated FTW!!!

Is this a bitch about Bay topic or a thread on Ironhide's voice?

12. Barricade

Barricade Frenzy is in my pants.

Can we bitch about Bay's voice?

13. Hobbes-timus Prime

Hobbes-timus Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd like to see someone else fill in for Ironhide, but someone who vocally matches what Cullen did before...say a Sam Elliot, or a Chris Cooper.

When G1 started, you couldn't recognize anyone without being told who was who. You had to watch the show and learn who they were. The movie will work the same way. That's how stories are told.

I'm just sayin'.

And a lot of my non-geek friends that remember the show knew who Bumblebee was in the trailer right away, with no leaked pics or scripts to tip them off.

Again, I'm just sayin'.

As for bitching about Bay and voices, I think Bay should voice Starscream, cause I think that would lead to the most hilarious fan outrage to date.

14. Skunky

Skunky Well-Known Member

I could see them using Cullen for both if only for the fact it'd be cheaper. That's how it worked in the cartoon after all. If you hire one less voice actor, think of how many more explosions you can afford!

15. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    there is no explosion like the vocal explosions of Peter Cullen.

16. Optimatron

Optimatron Autobot

I think it would be awesome if Cullen voiced Ironhide and Prime again. Cullen is Ironhide..just as much as he is Prime. I really hope they do keep Ironhide's voice like the original. His voice has more to do with making him Ironhide more than anything else...Still (for me) it really does suck that we can't expect to see the big ol' lug's original head (or something closely resembling it) on the big screen. I didn't want him to be a Yoda van, but I was looking forward to seeing something close to their orig. faces and something more closely related to the Transformers asthetic.

17. kjeevahh

kjeevahh n/a

News Credits:
    peter cullen voiced optimus prime AND ironhide in G1.

in his audition, he had some dialogue betwene prime and ironhide to read out.. and he asked the assistant there if he could read ironhide's part too, as he read it in the g1.

this much is fact.

as for who is actually going to be voicing ironhide, noone has the faintest idea about anyone other than cullen as prime.

18. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    No thanks. IMO, G1 Ironhide's voice sounded like a failed attempt at a cowboy voice. Second, you guys heard how different Cullen sounds. It coud work for Prime since he's a noble leader, but I shudder to think what effect it had on his Ironhide voice, which I haven't heard him do since G1.

I would rather have them go with someone else, someone who matches the new version of Ironhide better, like Michael Ironside or Sam Elliot (going with either the grizzled veteran or cowboy voice).

19. unicron's blues

Well like it or not thats how Ironhide sounded and since Cullen is already signed on to reprise one charachter, whynot let him do the same for Ironhide. Oh and I saw Mr. Cullen at Botcon in 04 and he did a little Ironhide, sounded quite the same to me. Plus whats the point in hiring someone else to do exactly what Cullen did, makes no sense, might as well make him sound like Niles Crane if you want someone diffrent IMO.

20. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Well, Ironhide already looks quite different, and there's the added problem of the old Ironhide sounding like a typical cartoon character. I just don't think the voice would match the body or personality...