Will Optimus Prime die?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Stealth_Bumble, Apr 12, 2008.

1. Stealth_Bumble

Stealth_Bumble Member

If he does; I will boycott all TF2 goods....

2. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Good for you...

3. Darth Stitch

Darth Stitch Member

God, I hope NOT!

Trauma. Me. 20++ years. Since the fraggin' 1986 movie. Do I wanna rehash my childhood horrors AGAIN? OH, HELL NO. :banghead: 

Yeah, I cried my eyes out when the Big Bot died in the 86 movie. So there. :cry 

One of the things I loved about the 07 movie was that they Did. Not. Kill. Optimus. Prime. I held my breath in horror with the whole sacrificing himself thing plot point came up but was so glad that the movie didn't kill him off.

I can probably live with them killing off Prime and bringing him back in a sequel with the All-Spark shard/Matrix hokey whatsis but really, that's been rehashed and I really, really, really DO NOT want to see Rodimus Prime in the sequel. The guy who's got Roddy's role right now is Bumblebee. Bee is the cocky, reckless, young, friendly and accessible hero in this movie who's friends with the teenage boy and the notion of having uh.... um... Bumblebee Prime is just plain WEIRD.

I kinda like the idea of them "killing" off Prime and it's up to 'Bee and Sam to save him. Boy and his car on the Great Quest to bring back the once and future king. Something like that. Would make a good fan fic idea too. :p 

4. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    I won't boycott, but hell I'll be pissed if either Prime or Starscream die in some dumbass way. These are more serious bots than the cartoon, so I think death should mean something.

Prime dying would be WEAK. The movies would suffer, no oter leader is quite as cool, and I think, in any voting system, if people had to pick the leader they'd want in this trilogy, Optimus would be picked in a landslide. If they decide to kill him at the end of the trilogy, do a fourth movie of doom and gloom without Prime and find a way to resurrect, that would be cool. But he was barely on screen last time. Give him 2 full movies to flesh out. PLEASE!

5. Thundercrackah

Thundercrackah Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I hope not. For the following reasons.

1) It's been done so many times before, now we can all see it coming a mile off and it's boring to be honest.

2) He's Optimus Prime. A Cullen voiced, Live Action Optimus Prime and he is freakin' awesome. I want to see alot more of him, I don't want him dead.

The audience has already been introduced to the fact that Optimus is willing to sacrifice himself for the greater good in the first movie, I hope they don't keep shoving that in people's faces in the following movies.

6. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No! Prime! He can't die!

7. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    You realize he was signed for three movies, right?

8. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    I doubt it, its been done(86 movie) and its too predictable

9. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    Yeah I do expect prime too die probly near the end of the third(and final)one but I think it whould be better if bb died like if he sacrfised himself for *Plot device*or sam or something and his final words would be towards prime something like "Its been an honor serving under you" or something like that

10. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    Agreed with you 100% I hate retarded deaths(which every single one in the first movie was)hopefully they change there ways

11. Pun-3X

Pun-3X Well-Known Member

I really hope the answer is no. I'm pretty positive they won't for TF2, but I hope it's not at all. We've done it--we don't need to do it again. And Thundercrackah said, we've already seen him present himself as the one willing to sacrfice his life if need be. Are we going to keep introducing that in each movie until it happens?

12. Dropshot

Dropshot Transform your destiny

News Credits:
    I think they learned the lesson with the animated movie, i'm sure it won't happen again.

13. Darth Rodimus

Darth Rodimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I agree with Ironhide 110% on how ether Prime or Bumblebee should die

14. bryan_too

bryan_too is Deadpool

Ah, what's so suprising about Prime dying? It's happened plenty of times( Animated, Unicron trilogy, blah blah blah.....:D )

If he dies in the sequel, they'll somehow bring him back eventually....

15. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Umm...I have to disagree on every death in the 86 movie being "retarded".

16. Deviant Anomaly

Deviant Anomaly Obsotted Fangirl

Should die? If someone doesn't like those characters, then I guess its understandable why they might think that. Otherwise I don't see why their deaths are necessary. :confused: 

Besides, Prime and BB are the franchise's most recognized characters. I don't think either will be meeting the Grim Reaper anytime soon.

17. Mr.Roboto

Mr.Roboto YOU'RE A SHRUB ROCKETEER! Veteran

News Credits:
    I hope he dies in part 2 at the very end fighting Starscream. In his final battle blow he kills Starscream which leads to Starscream becoming "Starscreams Ghost" which we'll get a toy of. Prime dies and turns all black which leads to him having an all black Optimus Prime toy which would be cool. But then in part 3 he comes back somehow sometime near the middle of the movie after Megatron has be resurrected as Galvatron in the beginning and has caused some considerable damage. Now that I would love to see!!

18. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    Poor Jazz didn't die a retarded death. He just died uttering some of the most canned and predictable lines. Honestly, how CAN you kill a robot so it doesn't seem weak or hokey? It is a movie, and it isn't Terminator, and there are only so many ways to die.

19. eyeballkid

eyeballkid Old

Prime will die of colon cancer.

20. Red leader

Red leader Nom Nom Nom

News Credits:
    they (hasbro) learnt their lesson in 86, Primes death was ultimately what started the decline of the brand, I remeber scanning catalogues for months on end until I glimpsed that sweet Powermaster Prime, then all was good with the world once again!