will optimus become nemesis prime?

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by GENOZAUR, Oct 21, 2011.

1. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

with optimus prime having lost his memories and his mind and personality having reverted back to that of the more impressionable and considerably younger orion pax and after seeing that teaser trailer for season 2 with prime gaining a decepticon insignia.

is it just me or does anyone else here get the feeling that optimus will become nemesis prime over time?

to be honest i think this could possibly be the best origin story yet for nemesis primes character

if anything it certainly sets up the possiblity for a long drawn out character driven storylin that could see orion evolve over time as a decepticon character to become the magnificent bastard decepticon rommel among his fellow decepticons over time

2. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don’t see Orion Pax becoming Nemesis Prime, Scourge or any other evil Optimus Prime-type character.
    Orion went with Megatron, yes, but he didn’t do so easily. He paused and looked at the Autobots before retreating into the Decepticon’s ground bridge—even while on the bridge he looked a little uncomfortable; was he uncomfortable because everyone was kneeling before Megatron, had blasters pointing at him (Knock Out was ready to charge him) or all of the above? He even looked a little unsure about the Decepticon insignia being put on him in the really quick teaser.

I think Orion senses that something is off, but can’t quite place it. Without some outside assistance, I don’t see him going dark. He’s still the kind hearted Cybertronian looking out for needs of everyone.

3. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just hope they don't change his color scheme. That is kinda super cheesy.

"Hey i'm evil now, so now i wear black"

4. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I think it will be a story where over time Orion Pax rediscovers the hero he was.

Primus chose Orion Pax to become Optimus Prime because he saw an goodness inside of him that the Transformers had been lacking for a long time. At his core this goodness will come out again even if Megatron is manipulative enough to try to keep his old friend like he once was.

5. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

Ok season 2

Optimus will get infused with Dark Energon ( still wondering if it exists now notice megs eyes are red again and not purple. ) Dark Energon and an empty matrix hmm.

The Dark Energon corrupts the prime and probably will add purple or black to him. I can see it happening. However the thought here is who is taking his place in Season 2 .... Ultra Magnus??

6. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This. Also, I've long lost expectation that these writers are following any kind of Transformer convention that we expect (ie. Optimus is siding with evil, thus he must be turning into Nemesis Prime).

This last episode pretty much all but promised that Prime would die, and could have easily had folks saying "oh, I wonder if this is where Prime is going to die in this show" and it didn't happen.

I think they are looking at the old shows, not as episodic guides, but as mythology guides that they plan to write something different around. I don't expect (and don't hope) that we are simply going to see repeats of what's been done before.

7. MaxxieOD

MaxxieOD Jazz is my homebot

News Credits:
    Mostly my thoughts too. There's been several of these evil Optimuses, that I really hope he doesn't become one. Besides, it's still Orion. He's in a younger mindset, yes, but Orion is capable of making connections and his own choices without much influence from others (read Exodus, as he was somewhat branded a weirdo for thinking outside the box). Orion would still have his noble mindset of wanting to help others (part of his whole reason for getting to know Megatron in the first place). I doubt he'll turn evil, but rather would have to reclaim his title of Prime.

8. Illusion

Illusion Well-Known Member

Very interesting idea - didn't even think about that.

I mostly lean towards Optimus being on the Decepticon side and wearing the 'con symbol being an homage to Scourge/Nemesis Prime, rather than any indicator that he will become an evil Optimus Prime.

However, the Dark Energon explanation could possibly work if done well - Megatron was hoarding the stuff just prior to discovering that he suddenly didn't like Unicron after all, and it's quite possible that Megs believes he can use it to corrupt Orion Pax to his side --> Scourge rises. The possibilities are... intriguing >:D 

9. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Drawings from Argentina! :D

News Credits:
    Nope. In the flashback we learned that Orion Pax didnt believe in violence so why should he do it now? My guess will be that he is gonna act like BW Silverbolt during his first apperance: attacking and being "evil" but not really enjoying it.

10. Dargor

Dargor Well-Known Member

Maybe, only maybe, Megatron has become wise enough to stop messing with Unicron´s blood... just in case.
    Anyway, an evil OP it´s the last thing even Megatron would want to meet. It´s reminds me the BW episode "Dark Designs", when Rhinox got turned into a predacon. It didn´t end well for the bad guys.

11. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    Also when his old persona returned, he still seemed quite benevolent. If he actually engages in battle with the Autobots, I do believe the circumstances or a particular scenario would be the reason. And more than likely Megatron who will keep feeding him propaganda.

12. Glass_of_water

Glass_of_water Well-Known Member

i doubt he'll be called nemesis prime cause:
    1. prime is an autobot thing
    2. the nemesis is the decepticon's ship
    aaaaand...
    3. it's a crap name. :tongue: 

13. Guardian_Prime

Guardian_Prime Autobot Leader

Beats Scourge

14. Glass_of_water

Glass_of_water Well-Known Member

i don't like that one either.

15. Crazy Ramjetty

Crazy Ramjetty marvel's got it good

I really hope so, even if it's just for a couple of episodes

16. TwilightNero

TwilightNero Maximal

Ebay:
    I don't think he will, remember what they said in the say. Orion had what it took to be a prime before he had the matrix. I honestly think he's going to be with the cons for part of the season before coming to his senses and rejoining the bots and trying to become prime again

17. Mechafire

Mechafire Shadow Broker Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    I would like it, as I've always dug the concept of Nemesis Prime/Scourge, but...

Indeed.

18. The F.N.G.

The F.N.G. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    1. Primes existed before the Autobots were formed.
    2. Why couldn't that be the basis of the 'Nemesis Prime' name?
    3. Subjective. Some like it, some don't.

19. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

there has been Decepticons with the name "PRIME" before
    there have been characters with the name "NEMESIS" before
    thats your opinion, I like the name.

20. Mechafire

Mechafire Shadow Broker Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    I like the name as well.