Will MS push Bungie to release Halo 3 closer to March?

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by 03Mach1, Sep 9, 2006.

1. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Logic has been replaced with blind ignorance.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    With the news of only 500,000 PS3's released worldwide in 2006 and the UK release pushed back until March '07, do you think Microsoft will pressure Bungie to release Halo 3 on or before the UK date? It would be quite the bomb if H3 was released before the PS3 hits the UK. It might even be the nail in the coffin.

Thoughts?

2. Gigatron_2005

Gigatron_2005 President of Calendars

No. MS has Gears of War to fill up any hole made by the PS3. I'll bet Halo 3 comes out for Xmas 07 though. Thats the year Moore has said is the most important.

3. thefrozenred

thefrozenred 4 8 15 16 23 42

Ebay:
    Gates and Moore, I believe, have both stated that they want Halo 3 to be the best it can possibly be, even if this means giving Bungie a little more time.

They won't be pressuring an earlier release; they may SAY they'd prefer it to be out by a certain date, but if push comes to shove, Bungie will get the extension. Neither can afford for Halo 3 to be anything but extraordinary in every regard.

4. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

It's ready when it's ready has always been Bungie's way. I don't see that changing.

5. Doctor Doom

Doctor Doom Doom is best pony Veteran

I could care less if its delayed.

It just means more time for me to get a 360 (Wii is the priority at the moment)..

6. Mister D

Mister D Bloosh Compatible

HALO 3 is a guaranteed seller. But it's quality will determine sales on HALO 4. They don't want to f*** up this franchise by rushing a product to market.

7. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    IIRC, MS tried to push them for a 2006 release, and Bungie firmly said NO.

...and with Sony making a pigs ear of production numbers,they playing into Microsoft's hands.

8. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

i still remember hearing Halo this, Halo that, you gotta get Halo, Halo's the shit, this is the best game, etc. etc. etc....but Halo 2...not really, i dont even really hear about it...i see more used Halo 2 games than used Halo games at Gamestop/EB Games...

so i dont see MS trying to push Halo 3 out so fast this time around...

9. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Halo 2 ruled multi-play but the single player game was disappointing for a lot of people and if you don’t care to play on line then single player is the only thing that mattered. So if it means waiting longer for them to get both aspects right I’m all for it.

10. Dreweido

Dreweido Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    off topic but nice avatar... copier!

haha

anyway... I love halo multiplayer and I'm not worried about single player so if multi is ready then let's go!

11. Gigatron_2005

Gigatron_2005 President of Calendars

I had it first! (or at least I didnt see yours before I put mine up. Its actually just my AIM icon.) :p 

But in this thread, I should also clarify that I lothe the Halo series. Its a bait and switch to me. I see the trailers, it looks awesome, I play it... Then I get very very disappointed. But people seem to like it for some reason, and it is a system seller I guess. At this point for MS, I dont feel they need to rush this product because #1: people know its coming. #2: Sony is fumbling badly. I also think they should not rush it at all, because from my experience, people seemed to hate the singleplayer for Halo 2. And some of the people I saw that were pissed about it might not come back if the singleplayer is up to par for them.

12. Dalarsco

Dalarsco Kickback=ROCK

Actually, it's people who neither play on-line nor have friends to have LAN parties with. I have a friend who wasn't on Live before the 360 came out, and he kept Halo 2 for our LAN parties.