will jazz show up on transformers prime?

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by GENOZAUR, Apr 30, 2012.

1. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

and if so how should his character be portrayed over time?

to be honest i actually think it would be damn sweet to see jazz be portrayed in such a way that he comes across as being in his way the Shaft among his fellow autobots.

2. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I actually kind of hope not. Bulkhead already covers the "I like Earth culture" personality.

I want to see a non-car Autobot.

3. MaxxieOD

MaxxieOD Jazz is my homebot

News Credits:
    No offense, even tho I'm a giant Jazz fan, there's several threads already about wanting Jazz in Prime.

Also, I'm not quite sure what you said in the end of the second sentence, so I'll just play with the first sentence.

I have no idea if Jazz will, tho I'm being somewhat hopeful. Team Prime could really use someone like him to help bring some life to the group, especially if Prime isn't there and tempers flare, need someone to cool the group down, and Jazz would be the one for it. Him also being incredibly interested in humans and culture and such would also I think help bring more interactions.

How should he be portrayed over time? Hard to say. Jazz being spec ops, I always imagined he would have an interesting history that not many would know about since he's probably had a lot of missions he can't talk about (and probably many he's not proud of either). But he gets the job done so others don't have to do it and prefers to keep his chin up and keep a positive attitude going.

Jazz's visor, for some ungodly reason, always make me wonder why he has it. There's not many 'Bots with one, and most of the time I see a visor on another mech, there's often a faceplate too so I keep thinking battlemask in their cases. Did Jazz loose his sight in a mission or something? Maybe he got captured one time by 'Cons and was tortured. Cybertronian organs seem hard to replace or repair at times, so I wonder if the visor is a replacement for his optics. (I have my own long-ass back story about it, but I won't go into it).

Sorry for the long reply...I could write a crap ton more, but I won't. Long story short, I would enjoy seeing Jazz in the show and think he would make a great addition for the 'Bot team.

4. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    I dunno.

5. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Hammer of the Gunplas

Here's a shocking idea: let's have more Decepticons that DON'T die after being built up for a period of time or just outright? Dreadwing and Knock Out are moves in the right direction (abit regressed after Breakdown), and the toyline already has Autobot REPAINTS. We need more Cons.

6. MaxxieOD

News Credits:
    Altho I do agree...the current cast of 'Bots has been the same for 1.5 seasons and it kinda sucks. At least the 'Cons do get new characters (AND they're getting another new character soon), but the 'Bots really do need someone new. But yes, the 'Cons do need to be built up as well.

7. Autobot Burnout

Well, we know Shockwave is inbound in the future, so that's at least one new Con, although if he'll be in the present time or not remains to be seen.

And to be honest, we've gotten a few new Autobots...they just tend to have already been killed by the time they're brought up (Seaspray), and rarely even show up on screen (Tailgate). Maybe if Wheeljack actually stuck around after an episode and became part of the team things might improve on the character front.

Really, Prime itself is beginning to feel like Armada, with everybody running around for Relics (the fact the Japanese name is Arms Micron and the weapons are mini-cons does not help) and the fact there's three human kids that hang around the base (two males, one female). Only difference with characters is that by this point in time both sides had gotten some new members and the McGuffins got the spotlight a few times as actual, not-really-talking characters (I.E.Sky Blast got a LOT of this)

8. MaxxieOD

News Credits:
    Yeah, those Autobots were really only there in name only, and we only get special guest appearances from Wheeljack it seems. But yes, both sides need a bit more (and to develop the ones currently there as well).

And yes, in agreement on the Armada part too. Even BW had more new characters at this point (and their sometimes-show-up characters have showed up more than the ones in Prime).

I really am in agreement with everything you're saying...here's hoping that if Shockwave shows up, it'll bring in other new characters too.

9. HoneyPrime

HoneyPrime ♥♥ Smokescreen ♥♥

I wouldn't mind Jazz showing up in Prime. But only at a point where he would be a permanent member of the team. It's frustrating me that they keep teasing me with Wheeljack because I do think the Autobots need at least one or two more members. I don't want a huge cast of either Autobots or Decepticons but a couple more for the Autobots would be nice.

Although I would prefer Ironhide (which I know will not happen at this point, but I can dream) or Jetfire/Silverbolt.

10. grimmlock

grimmlock Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I know there were concept designs of Jazz. He's a cool character and it's a shame what Bay did to him. I hope he does come on the show but maybe in season 3.

Right now, I agree with Bountyman. We need a noncar Autobot.

11. MaxxieOD

News Credits:
    There was? I think I remember a pic that was in the background during an interview that might've been Jazz, but that's all I know of.

12. Stardust262

Stardust262 Moe is the Only Way

News Credits:
    I believe they confirmed that the pic was of Wheeljack

As for a non-car Autobot, Wing Saber or Jetfire

13. seali_me

seali_me Well-Known Member

Jazz. Please. Make it an awesome car.

No monkeys.

14. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Jazz voiced by John DiMaggio (The Fall of Cybertron voice).

15. UltraAlanMagnus

UltraAlanMagnus Big Green Dead?

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    OUTRAGEOUS! 2nd time by Aquaman.

16. raptor22

raptor22 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Personally, I think in order for them to have Jazz, they would have to kill off or "remove" some other Autobot. Why? Because if they add Jazz, people are going to complain about "oh this character isn't getting enough time" or "this character didn't get enough character development" etc, etc. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. You can only squeeze so much content into 20+ minutes of the show.

While I would really like to see Jazz brought on, I'm not sure that it'll happen and if it does, he'll probably be another "Wheeljack" scenario, but I could be wrong.

Trust me, I would really like to see many more Autobots as well; Sideswipe, Prowl, Ironhide, Hound, etc. *fingers crossed!

17. Autobot Burnout

Yes, because we've gotten so much character development already. In fact, just look where character development got Breakdown.

18. KayeMinor

KayeMinor Banned

No, he won't. But I wish he would. He was always one of my favorites, and I hate how little he is used. A recurring character in TFA, a sacrificial limb in the movie, and a DLC in WFC.

19. grimmlock

grimmlock Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    It was of Jazz bumblebee that was more traditional to G1 and Inferno.

Take a look!

Attached Files:

20. Bumblebee765

Bumblebee765 Wrecker

News Credits:
    I think Jazz would be a pretty awesome addition to the cast, but not right away. Myabe around the middle of season three. :wink: