Will Jazz return in the Sequel?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Rend, Oct 19, 2007.

1. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    More like Boba Fett, or Darth Maul, or any interesting villain character in Star Wars who isn't Darth Vader.

2. Ironhide546

Ironhide546 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oops, just checked today and yeah you are right. I must have been remembering wrong. Still, Prime does squish it pretty hard, and its pretty busted up. It seems too minor to become a future plot device.

3. Crobot91

Crobot91 Daddy has lots of TFs...

News Credits:
    To say Jazz is a minor character G1-wise is wrong in my opinion. After the fab five: O.Prime, Bumblebee, Grimlock, Hot Rod/Rodimus, & Magnus, I would argue that Jazz is the most important (followed very closely by Ironhide, Ratchet, Hound, & Prowl) in both the cartoon and comics (marvel, uk, dreamwave, and idw).

Seemed like a very useless death; in the same way that Cyclops died in X3.

It doesn't seem impossible to add more characters script-wise and screen-time; check how successful X2 was when they introduced Nightcrawler, Iceman, and Pyro to the existing X-Men 1 core characters (Wolverine, Cyclops, Jean Grey, Storm, & Rogue).

I'd like to see Jazz brought back in a better car mode (is GM confirmed for the sequel? Maybe Dodge Chrysler or Toyota will make a run for it), along with new characters such as Arcee (motorbike), Hot Rod (ford gt), & Tracks (corvette baby :D )...

4. Autobot HipHop

Autobot HipHop Covert Operations

My two favorite characters have always been Jazz and Prime. Thus, I would really like to see Jazz come back in some way shape or form. And I'm not gonna hate on anyone else who wants to see Megs or any other Decepticon come back. Because I understand. Just kinda bugs me that it's like "NO you can't have Jazz back, but I want my Megatron back" on this board. Or "Jazz is such a minor character, who cares if you want him back, he sucks blah blah"

If IH or Ratchet died, some of the people who don't care if Jazz comes back would surely want Ratchet or IH to be resurrected in TF2 had they been rippend in two.

Just having more respect for other's opinions would be a nice change of pace :) 

5. Crobot91

Crobot91 Daddy has lots of TFs...

News Credits:
    Even though I like Ironhide equally to Jazz; I could live with Ironhide's death as opposed to Jazz' death. Ironhide was always a reckless warrior/fighter who would always bite off more than he could chew. To see one of the smarter and more strategically-inclined characters like Jazz go for a full-frontal assault on Megs seemed wrong and more in nature with Ironhide's character.

Jazz is more the type to advise his troops to fall back and take individual shots from distances. Ironhide's more the type to ignore Jazz's orders and take on Megatron one on one 'cause he's all guts and no brains IMO...

6. Autobot HipHop

Autobot HipHop Covert Operations

I never really thought about that but it does seem to be more in IH's nature to tackle Megs head on. They made Jazz a little more wreckless in the new film. I can't really complain too much though because I thought they made Jazz look VERY COOL.

And I kinda look at it as Jazz trying to be brave, save some fleshlings and buy time for the others to find cover.

7. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    I admit it, I lolled. I agree with those who say it lessens the impact of his death if he just shows up again like it didn't even happen.

8. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

Cheapen his death?? lol his death was cheap, he had no scenes really no development and dies in 2 seconds of screen time. I dont think it would cheapen it at all to bring him back if anything if it is a side plot it would give him meaning.

Personally the more I watch the movie the more I want Jazz to come back and maybe reformat in part 2 to a new vehicle.

9. GladiatorPrime

GladiatorPrime working on Rampage P2-V2

Theres a scene at the end of the battle, Ratchet tell Optimus "We couldn't save him."

So I'm pretty sure he's gone.

10. Starscream NZ

Starscream NZ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I really don't remember Hound being of much use in G1, nor Ratchet. I would say Blaster and Perceptor had more screen time/action that Hound did.

To people who say the VA for Jazz knows he's coming back....I would like to know how he knows he is. Maybe he signed a contract for more than 1 movie - doesn't mean that Jazz is going to be a character in it...could be a flashback scene to Cybertron, could be that he's not used at all, but is contracted for that part, SHOULD the writers bring back Jazz.

Since there's no script of yet I don't see how anyone can really confirm Jazz's involvement in the sequel. Personally I hope he's not, gives us a better chance to focus on more characters (new ones), also means the whole 'we couldn't save him' line relevant.

11. Coolyfett

Coolyfett Well-Known Member

And the answer is....Yes!

12. optimusprime42

optimusprime42 Autobot Leader

News Credits:
    bay said he's not coming back... as for wikipedia.org i wouldn't believe what they said
    i rather beleive IMDB over them, wikipedia you can edit

13. Sparky Prime

Sparky Prime Well-Known Member

Bay also said he'd intentionally be misleading about the information coming out about the second movie.

14. Coolyfett

Coolyfett Well-Known Member

Reading though this thread sure makes my tummy tickle. So many people were dead wrong.......Interesting.

15. Rend

Rend Decepticreep Killer

If Megatron can be rebuilt into Galvatron, and if they intend on rebuilding Megatron for the Transformers 2 Movie, then yes Jazz can return. I mean c'mon people they're robots, not people. Have some faith! :p 

16. optimusprime42

optimusprime42 Autobot Leader

News Credits:
    galvatron won't be in the movie

17. buickanddeere

buickanddeere Well-Known Member

I don't recall Jazz looking for a fight with Megatron. Jazz was booted into grabbing range of Megatron during the fight. Jazz fought on the best he could without giving up against overwhelming odds.
    How's this idea for a plot device. The Allspark gave life to that Dewbot, Cadillac, video game. Could that "raw spark" in those rouge bot's spark be used to re-animate a bot with valid memory files but no "life". A transplant from a "brain dead donor"?
    As previously stated Prime saved a portion of unmelted ALLspark. Even being a fraction of it's former self. If folded back out it would still be incredibly powerful and capable.
    Lets not forget how the ALLspark is melted into,alloyed into and is now a part of Megtron/Galvatron. It's easy to explain away apparent death as just being overwhelmed with power.

18. Screamin'Star

Screamin'Star Active Member

I seriously hope the dead stays dead in the sequel. What’s the point of reviving any of the dead characters anyways? I know most people are sorta expecting a Megatron come back but bringing the dead characters back not only cheapens the movie, it also makes Transformers less believable. Besides, it’s not like there’s a shortage of characters from the Transformers lore, that they need to bring back those who have fallen. Moreover, bringing the dead characters back would contradict the title “Revenge of the fallen”.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2008
  19. soundwave34

soundwave34 OBSESSED Transformers Fan

It will be difficult enough to bring back Megatron.

The box info on non-movie Transformers from the movie toy line, are usually fictional or have almost nothing to do with the movie. I'm really not that interested in Jazz coming back, let him be dead with honor, as honored as he already is.

20. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

As in honored do you mean Optimus holding his corpse like a fruit basket, and also not giving a crap about him? Haha!