Will Jazz return in the Sequel?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Rend, Oct 19, 2007.

1. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

If Jazz had any last words while Ratchet was trying to save him right before dying that prodebly would have been ok, but just to get snuffed out so carelessly is just bad writing, and urks the hell out of me. But you've got some cool ideas.

2. Thundercrackah

Thundercrackah Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Good stuff man, good stuff.

QFT :thumb 

3. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

Well, bad writing is the standard for the movie so no surprise that he had no dying lines.

I'm not surprised by the all Jazz love and I like the character, but if it had been Ironhide or Ratchet that had died instead; everyone would just be whining about how they should be brought back. And honestly, Jazz coming back for the sequel is probably just alot of wishful thinking. We can talk about writing and what-ifs concerning the story all we want cause we're fans, but unless the story involves Jazz being rebuilt into a completely new body...i.e. toy, then Hasbro is gonna kill his return in favor of a new character.

4. Rend

Rend Decepticreep Killer

I find it hard to believe that Jazz couldn't return. Even if he doesn't return in the next sequel due to him being repaired. I can't rule out he won't be back in 3. Sorry if you guys can wish on a Star in hopes that Megs or the other Decepticons return; then so can all the Jazz fans.

The Autobot Matrix has the power to bring back Jazz. The piece of Allspark that Prime collected from Megs chest may have the power to bring back Jazz. Ratchet or Perceptor may be able to rebuild Jazz. Plus as stated before the bio on the back of the Jazz redeco says he gets repaired and returns.

There's too many reasons in favor of Jazz's return. Sorry I can't let this dream die. Jazz is an asset to Prime's arsenal, and as I stated before the writers left this door open for a reason.

Thanks for all the input gang. I think alot of you have great points for or against Jazz's return, and I respect your input. Thanks. :) 

5. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

We all have dreams, and your entitled to yours no matters how unplausible it may be.

However, finding hope on the back of a toy bio meant to sell a toy is really getting your hopes up. Remember that the G1 Starscream bio had Starscream going into hiding on Earth, but in the movie he leaves Earth to probably search for more Decepticons. The bio isn't a door left open by the writers. They have nothing to do with writing the bios for toys. Though yes, Jazz did do alot in the movie, but not more or less than any of the others.

That being said, my dream is that Prowl is gonna be in the one of the sequels since he's Prime's tru second in command.

6. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    Agreed but bonecrusher whould be nice too

7. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    I can't argree with you on what Ironhide said. The AllSpark piece was pulled from megs for some reason, and the allspark is a life source so.... I doubt they showed Prime saving the piece for no reason. Ironhide at that point may not have been aware of the Allspark piece.

Also, I think the sequel will have less human interaction. My pops even felt that there was too much time spent with the humans, and he's an OLD MAN. I think they'll be more money dumped in this movie, and the production cost of the CG will go down since it's an established property.

Bumblebee won't be right hand man, he's agreed to be Sam's protector. Ratchet, naw he's a doctor. Ironhide is a warrior. Jazz would be the logical right hand man, unless a new character comes to fill the role. I just see Jazz returning at some point, because the VA for him is signed for sequels, and the VA (Darius McCrary, or as some of us remember him, Eddie Winslow from Family Matters), is not a major VA, where they would ask him to fill multiple roles.

And honestly, kids are fickle. I asked my Dad to get me a new nintendo when the redesigned the NES, and my old one still worked. A new paint job or new feature of a mold that's good will sell a toy. And who's to say hasbro/takara won't improve on molds of current characters? Other than Concept BB and Ratchet, I think all the molds could be redesigned and improved significantly.

8. starscreamer.

starscreamer. Well-Known Member

split up is right
    why include the same 2nd rate characters in tf2 when u can move on to bigger and better (besides megatron and ss ofcourse)

9. Ironhide546

Ironhide546 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    To get snuffed out so carelessly is what happens in a good war story, be it Gundam or Saving Private Ryan. The 10 minute choking to death speech is kind of lame :p 

Dying in the most mundane way possible is so awesome in war movies/series imo.

10. normtrooper

normtrooper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He comes back is reformatted, new mold for hasbro. They could make him a pontiac G8 its their new sports car so its good advertising for GM.

Although he could come back I really don't think he is. I feel they wanted to make this movie for the fans but more importantly for the general public. Sure me and my transformer buddies were sad when Jazz was killed. But my non Transformer friends didn't even remember his name. The general public saw him as a minor character, although the fans didn't. So this leads me to believe that he ain't comin back.

11. gen1fan

gen1fan G1 PRIME FROM VA TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    well if you were at the parts party Saturday Night that Magus and Myself were hosting you would of been able to talk to Robert Orci, Depending on what everyone has to say about it, Yes we will see jazz get reborn, the question was he maybe wrote in torwards the end of 2 or at the beginning of 3.

12. WWMEGATRON

WWMEGATRON Well-Known Member

My thought exactly !! I have no doubt for part 2 that lil' piece is going to be the focus of the story !!! I HOPE JAZZ COMES BACK !!

13. Ironhide546

Ironhide546 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    did everyone miss the scene where prime crushes the allspark and then little bits of allspark dust fly away in the breeze?

14. normtrooper

normtrooper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I noticed he sqeezed the thing prettty damn hard, but I don't recall dust blowing away. Are you joking or is this for real?

15. Rend

Rend Decepticreep Killer

You my friend need to watch that scene again. He doesn't crush it, and it doesn't fly away like dust in the wind.

16. Rend

Rend Decepticreep Killer

Your dream is optimistic, and I wouldn't mind seeing Prowl take Jazz's place if Jazz doesn't return in one of the sequels. I think Prowl would make a great replacement for Jazz, but I still want Prime's real right hand guy to come back. ;) 

17. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    I'm hoping Jazz stays dead.

18. moocow

moocow God.

I don't won't Jazz in tf2 because I want a different autobot in the group other than Jazz.

19. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

Are you kidding? Bonecrusher was a bitch. He was like General Grievous! OMG This so cool.....Oh....he's dead....fuck him then. Haha!

20. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

You might be right, but don't forget this movie wasn't a good war story.