Will Japan get Powercore Combiners?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Bass X0, Jul 26, 2010.

1. Bass X0

Bass X0 King of Muay Thai

News Credits:
    I can see them recoloring them into more obvious G1 characters - Bombshock repainted as G1 Onslaught and Skyburst as G1 Silverbolt. Thats the kind of thing they tend to do.

Characters who don't loosely homage G1 characters will probably keep the American color schemes and in some cases maybe the American name.

2. Squall42080

Squall42080 Autobot RSX Type-S

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    The japanese are too smart for PowerCore Combiners. They'll be released with transforming limbs. You know. Something cool.

3. Sanchimaru

Sanchimaru Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's a good question, actually. Takara usually changes some paint apps here and there, but the idea of full re-colors is very interesting.

Here is another idea: booster packs.
    In the past we have seen minicon booster packs released as convenience store exclusives, the Micron booster packs. These are blind-packed, which means that you don't know which will you get until you open it. Well, I would love a PowerCore Booster pack, which would include drone repaints to power up the 2-pack figures, and minicon repaints for the 5-pack leaders.

4. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'd hate to have to deal with blind-box toys. I don't see why anyone would want that. What's the appeal? What do people do when they get a bunch of doubles? While the theory is to trade with friends, that would require friends who are also into the same line so they have doubles to trade. I was the only one getting Garbage Pail Kids cards when I was young. Hence, my stack of doubles I'll never be able to get rid of. I guess they can sell the doubles on ebay but then its the hassle of dealing with ebay.

5. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    I don't think Japan will get them at all. Two different markets. PCC is Hasbro's "incredibly kiddy" thing going on right now... Stuff like that doesn't sell well in Japan.

6. Nightwind

Nightwind Aka Dusty Bottoms.

If they're lucky they will get them! If they do, though, my bank account will definitely be hurting! I've never imported any toys before, but I love these guys so much that a significant redeco would force a purchase!

Personally, I think it's the excitement of not knowing exactly what you're going to get that's cool. The most recent example for me would be the ROTF dog tags that were being sold last year. We actually did have a trade thread on these boards for them. If Takara did a blind pack for PCC limbs, I'm sure another thread would pop up on here eventually...

7. Eric

Eric Per sempre marciamo.

News Credits:
    To be honest, I think it's a bit early to tell if PCC will do well enough in the states to warrant being imported to Japan.

8. DrillBIT

DrillBIT Silver Wolf

News Credits:
    Japan will be getting the PCC as well as the Generations toys.
    It is written on this month's Figure-oh.