Will it feel bittersweet? (Spoilers for TFP Crossfire)

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by seekerblackout, Apr 2, 2012.

1. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

I'm sure a lot of us have been waiting since Deus Ex Machina to own the dynamic duo of Knockout and Breakdown in toy form. After you know who kicked a bucket in Crossfire, will this long desired milestone feel a bit bittersweet to you?

2. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    If anything, I think it'll make the toy of you know who even more desirable, and I think for the people who hate Knockout's toy, they can probably experiment pairing him with Cliffjumper when it comes to a posing duo. Plus if you do that, you don't even need Bulkhead, so it's sort of a win-win if you ask me.

3. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy It's pronounced "ribby"

News Credits:
    Heck yes. However it will not stop me from buying him. He was my second favorite character after Knock Out, I really wish he hadn't died.

4. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ya know, I'm really glad that I heard through the grapevine that Crossfire was a Big Deal Episode and moved heaven and earth to see it absolutely as soon as I possibly could, because you'd have to be a blind idiot to navigate this forum and not figure out that someone died in Crossfire. And it's really not THAT hard to figure out who (if only because if an Autobot died everyone really would know instantaneously).

I don't mean to bite your head off, you're following the rules and everything. I just wish that it would take, I dunno, a week for the seepage of new Prime plot points into every thread on the Prime forum, and then to other forums for every possible side-discussion.

But to answer your question, the events of Crossfire probably make me less likely to spring for the Voyager. I'll at least get the Legion, since I like the voice actor (well, his work anyway...). Definitely wouldn't get both. It's probably in the power of a fellow like Peaugh to make me buy the Voyager, but I really DON'T need to own all Prime characters and the RiD sub-brand has not been consistently of must-buy quality.

EDIT: Actually if they aren't hard to find and money's not tight, an "Airachnid and Breakdown" display might be in order. Don't ask me how I'll pose them.
    :ev: 

5. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

Oh, believe me. They can still expect two immediate purchases from me.

6. Kylehudson14

Kylehudson14 On when I'm on

Unfortunately, yes. When I get Breakdown & Knockout next to each other, breakdown being dead will always come to mind :( 

7. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Hasbro's the one I feel sorry for. Prime writers keep killing off characters before their toys make it to stores. :) 

8. Ratchets Hatch

Ratchets Hatch Cannot Hold Weapon

News Credits:
    That is an AWESOME idea! All you'd need is Skyquake and you'd have a "dead guys" shelf! :lol 

9. Nope

Nope Predacon

News Credits:
    Yes, it will be very bittersweet, assuming that he died. At least his Cyberverse figure will be out soon.

Still think that after the Nemesis Prime episode ends (assuming Breakdown's remains play a role), then he'll be back to normal.

10. TheDemonDzko

TheDemonDzko °-{[●□●]}-° {Beep. Boop.)

;D I think we are going to get trolled and there is going to be a "Super-duper-awesome" energon that brings everyone back to life ala Dragonballs.

11. Boy Blunder

Boy Blunder Hasbrown'd

If it were a 'bittersweet' thing, then how many people would be chagrined to own an Optimus Prime from any generation?

12. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wasn't really a milestone for me in the first place, so him dying has no effect on how I will like the toy.

13. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    No different for me then having any other killed off character in my collection.

14. J2DK

J2DK Fan

The toy looks pretty good, and I'm here to buy the toys. The fiction is a nice bonus.

15. Jaicen

Jaicen Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would have preferred a better death for him, though I know that they would never let it be Bulkhead that finally got him.

Is the upcoming knockout confirmed as a Voyager class?

16. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    Yeah, except this time you won't have the figure to reenact his demise with (yet).

17. Cortexitron

Cortexitron Alternate Reality Patrol

Is he really dead?? Mech has his body now, as well as a bunch of energon. I'm thinking he makes some sort of return as a mind controlled Mech spy right around the time his toy comes out. If nothing else, I'll get his toy and take it apart to display it with Airachnid...