Will Ironhide have a running change in paint apps?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Ricky_Stream, Aug 27, 2008.

1. Ricky_Stream

Ricky_Stream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i mean...blue face?? what the hell!!!

what do you guys think?

2. Shark Jumper

Shark Jumper さあ、お前の罪を数えろ

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    highly doubtful. Maybe Henkei Ironhide will switch to a silver paint app for his face.

3. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    This. I've left Sunstreaker hanging on the pegs for his lack of chrome on his engine. Smurf-face Ironhide can keep him company.

I bet they had to use the same color paint on his face as on his windows to cut cost. They should do the windows AND the face in silver.

4. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Personally, I've decided not to get Ironhide, or the eventual Ratchet (for the time being at least). The blue face wasn't one of the reasons though, as a little bit of silver paint could fix that easily. If anything I might just end up getting Ratchet by himself.

5. giga-galvatron

giga-galvatron Decepticon S.T.A.G ******

lmao smurf face ironhide

6. Powersa

Powersa Car Robots

News Credits:
    Someone was joking about Hasbro getting a bulk discount on that "Allspark" blue paint, lol

7. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    Personally, I don't know what's worse: Hasbro's blue face (which I'm still all sorts of "wtf!?" about) or the randomly out-of-place looking chrome that Takara will surely add to their version. If it's easy, or even possible, this could be one of those situations where I get both figures and switch the heads since I'm assuming Takara's will at least have a proper grey/silver face.

8. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    i plan on just painting his face...i'm not gonna spend 2 to 3 times retail for a small bit of silver paint...

9. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    buy Sunstreaker and Sideswipe, then swap the engines

10. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

What are we talking about? Ironhide Blue Face?

11. giga-galvatron

giga-galvatron Decepticon S.T.A.G ******

on classic ironhide, his face is smurf-blue... haahahahahaaahaahahahahahahhaa

12. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

I swear it looked silver when I saw it online.

13. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    This.

14. Ricky_Stream

Ricky_Stream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i don't really mind painting his face but, my point is...why should i, when he should already come in the proper colour?!

15. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

You don't have to.

16. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    The Henkei Sunstreaker also has a chrome spoiler and a shade of yellow I prefer more than the Universe version. If anyone was to chrome himself out, it's him.

17. Optimatron

Optimatron Autobot

Sunstreaker isn't flamboyant, or tacky, he's fassion conscience, so I doubt he'd want to chrome himself out. Besides...honestly the Hasbro version is awesome....with a nice 95 Corvette Yellow (at least the paint app on mine is) instead of that bullshit orange on the henkei version. I usually agree that the Henkei versions have better paint apps....but in the Classics 2.0 case, the chromed spoilers and weapons are ugly as hell to me. To each his own though..

We'll see what they do with Ironhide and Ratchet...but I'm sick of people talking down so much about the Universe line, we're lucky as fans to be getting this.. especially myself as a G1 fan....like Galvatron...none of my parts pop off unless a BUNCH of pressure is applied...so tell me....do people know how to transform him very well or what?? Same with Prowl....everyone says " booo hooo his doors pop off...." well yeah, if you don't turn them like they're supposed to be...

I will admit this though, the Blue face on Ironhide by Hasbro is inexcuseable and stupid, as well as Prowls sticky paint...My Prowl has only had once instance where my fingernail cut through the paint on the fender...other than that I've had no paint app problems with any of the other transformers, and I have every classics 2.0 figure besides Silverbolt and Acid Storm at the moment. Why I haven't bought Silverbolt is whole 'nother can of worms though...In the end though, this line is a Win in my book.

18. n_tel_ekt

n_tel_ekt Wreaker

I would really like a silver face/windows too and will settle for painting it... but answer your Q: Why should I?

A: cuz the demograph which these toys are mainly focused on (little kids) arent gonna open the toy and say "WTF, this aint G1 accurate"...

but I do feel where you're coming from... Its just a small detail that they could have easily and without fuss been done accurate, but wasnt (whether it was to save money or whatever).

But, then I think, hey, its Ironhide, he's red (not black), a van (not truck), has window chest (not a grill) and he has a head... Good enough for me!

19. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

Honestly, as far as I'm concerned, the blue face seems to be the least of Uni Ironhide's problems. I mean his giant back kibble, jig-saw puzzle alt mode, fold-over-but-still-exposed hands where his poorly (imo) executed sword-to-gun weapon go and giganto crotch are all bigger faults to me. I mean I have bought worse molds and loved them (movie Jazz is one of my favorites) but I've also passed on many great molds just because. Add in the fact I have little to no sentimental attachment to ol' 'hide and he's still a toss up for me.

Though if I do get him, he'll be getting repainted pieces.

20. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

G1 Sunstreaker begs to differ with you.