Will Hasbro's Junkion retool trigger mass sales of Wreck-Gar?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Cal, May 21, 2011.

1. Cal

Cal Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Assuming that Hasbro get around to releasing their supposed Junkion retool, I'm wondering if it will lead to fans selling their Wreck-Gar duplicates en masse for it. For the sake of army-building, it makes more sense to have one Wreck-Gar and multiple Junkions, because Wreck-Gar is a unique character surrounded by many generic clones. While Wreck-Gar is a rarity now, he could flood the secondary market once the Junkion hits retail - who will probably become rare in turn. Could it happen?

2. llfalcon

llfalcon Well-Known Member

Maybe a little, but not flood it. Those who are army building will increase their armies with the new Junkion. And with Maiden Japan's kits, they will in turn be able to make each Junkion unique, whether they start off with a Wreck-Gar or the retool. I have 6 Wreck-Gars and hope to double that with the Junkion retool.

3. LeTigre

LeTigre Meat popsicle

It will sure lead to a massive spike of buyer's remorse. I know I've thought the obsessive army building with him was a bit crazy, since the mold has huge potential to redecos and retools and Has-Tak would be foolish not to utilize it at some point. It keeps the demand artificially high as far as I'm concerned.

Whether it leads to massive sell off..who's to say? It will probably make Wreck Gar's demand drop off a cliff regardless.

4. seali_me

seali_me RIP January 2018

i'm hoping for a flood of junkions. don't mind getting more. if its a flood, i'll collect upto 55 to form a platoon of 3 squads (18 per squad and one wreck-gar) it would be really nice. i doubt this will decrease the price for wreck-gar. probably the opposite.

5. Cal

Cal Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    On the other hand, the retool could increase the demand for Wreck-Gar, because fans who still don't have him will be even more determined to buy the pair to ride each other.

6. Kup-is-Dion

Kup-is-Dion Lord Cthulhu

The only Junkion I want riding Wreck-Gar is Nancy.

7. supervir2

supervir2 Feels like the kid in Big everyday.

News Credits:
    I expect demand to increase once the retool/repaint is out

8. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Crossdresser Toy Collector

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I got two Wreck-Gars. A retool is only going to make me want some more Wreck-Gars.

9. Quixote_Prime

Quixote_Prime is missed.

News Credits:
    1 WG = WG in bot mode. Any further WG's can be bikes for the other Junkion bots.

10. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    No change. I expect those of us who built up a bit of an army want as many variations as possible. Maiden Japan has made it so we can have many, many, many, unique figures from Wreck-gar, and I would suspect that another third party will do some upgrades at some point (almost surprised we havent seen one yet).

Wreck-gar is an addiction, and the Junkion will only fuel that addiction. I am just hoping that TJMaxx/Marshalls or Ross starts getting some RTS in. I will back up the truck.

11. daelite20

daelite20 autobots

News Credits:
    yes, more wreckgars to buy since maiden japan is making different heads. making my collection unique with different characters of wreckgars.

12. LogicalLuke

LogicalLuke Banned

Why all the hoopla about him lately anyway? I've had him for a good month and a half/two months now like most others. There's athread every other day almost but to answer, the mold will always be sought after. If I run into more I'll buy them too. Different head or color, add-ons, ect., it's a great toy worth owning multiples of and demand will only rise. Got seven myself, three for the boy, most are waiting on heads and armor. Soon my children, soon...... :D 

13. G60Force

G60Force World Smallest Mini-Con

Ebay:
    redeco it to arcee :D 

14. LogicalLuke

LogicalLuke Banned

Why?

15. Kuma Style

Kuma Style I'm boney. I'm boney; Leave me aloney! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    :lol  perfect, perfect response.

16. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    i have united scrapheap and united wreck-gar...these are enough for me.
    if they do a new character with a new head...i will get a few of those..

For those looking for RTS wreckgar...I have THREE loose complete (no packaging or instructions)....that i will sell ...

$65 shipped for all three in the USA...PM me if interested.

17. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    :lolol 

I just boughbt another Wreck-Gar today, mostly because I wanted one that didn't have stressed ball joints.

18. lerath666

lerath666 Autocon Vs Deceptibot

Ebay:
    So that's Why I can't find a wrek-gar locally. people are army-building him :( 

19. nelodiavolo

nelodiavolo Transformer Nerd

News Credits:
    Never seen this guy at around here. Got mine from BBTS. If they do release a Junkion, I'd at least get two.

20. LogicalLuke

LogicalLuke Banned

It was all that entered my mind. :lol  It just wouldn't come close and she wasn't a motorcycle.

Not necessarily, out of the ten I've bought I found two in-store and that was the other day. He was an end of line release and you can thank the big retailers for not ordering much of anything BUT DotM figures and saving space. Of course people are army building it, it's Wreck Gar and there are add ons from MAIDEN JAPAN (who just sent my ish out btw, on a Sunday. That's service you can't beat. ) that makes a whole lot of Junkions to be made. He's been online more than enough for someone to get one or 7 if they really wanted to is my point. I doubt I'll see him again here locally myself.