will hasbro reissue the energon combiner sets?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by GENOZAUR, Jun 12, 2008.

1. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

people i got a question when it comes to hasbro

when it comes to movie clocker movie reverb and energon blight

is it just me or could one , with a bit of part swapping to blight ,just as easily see those three figures as being for all intents and porposes more modern day figures of jarugar, deathcobra, and killbisons characters from transformers victory

as for the question

is there any chance that hasbro might finally rerelease energon stormjet, terradive and skyshadow and sledge as leozak, gaihawk ,hellbat and drillhorn

so far as i can tell ,stormjet and sledge would be the only 2 that would need a different paint job

skyshadow and terradive have a rather appropriate color scheme to actually pass for gaihawk and hellbat

while movie clocker and reverb could actually pass for jarugar and deathcobra

with killbison simply being a a straight reissue of energon blight or at most would simply be a retro repaint of sorts in which the figure sports blights colorscheme but with it also having gunbarrols chest cannon, lower arms and laser cannons and reverb serving as a gun arm of sorts that could be used as a extra limb to swap out forshyshadow

all and all i would think it would be a rather cost effective move when it comes to the fact that as a combiner set it would in large part consist of figures that hasbro has already reissued from the energon toyline as part of the movie line with a minor repaint here and there

2. Kingplay

Kingplay Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    there is a chance, but.......... unlikely

3. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

offically or not hasbro has already released 3 figure for the movie toyline that could all to easily be reissued as part of a modern day liokaiser combiner set

if anything i would think that such a combiner set could fit in rather well as part of the classics universe toyline

4. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    I'm for a Liokaiser-themed Energon combiner set, but I'd prefer an Encore reissue.

5. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I'd want to see Energon Skyshadow/Treadshot be a Target reapint later on...no really.

6. Deadend

Deadend Overloaded Spark

News Credits:
    Superion would be nice, but they already have a new silverbolt in classics. :/
    Still miffed I didn't pick up superion maximus. Or at least a defensor rehash from the E gestalts would be nice.
    A helicopter, jet, and 2 cars plus whatever center body painted in defensor colors.

Or Computron, or even liokaiser, would rock too!

7. MagnusPrimal

MagnusPrimal Well-Known Member

I wouldn't be surprised. They've only repainted the Constructicon combiner so far, and it's not like Hasbro to not repaint as much as they can.

Which is fine with me. I'd probably pick up the Bruticus molds, if they were released again.

8. Starscream NZ

Starscream NZ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I could see G1 themed repaints of Aerialbots/Combaticons as a possible 25th anniversary giftset, other than that, it's unlikely though, and I highly doubt that Hasbro will make new molds for the Energon combiners, for Defensor or Menasor, no matter how cool it'd be.

9. wheeljaxx

wheeljaxx Banned

you mean like this?

[​IMG]

this is by the late TFMASTER.