Will G1 DVDs be re-released?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by BatBot, Jul 12, 2007.

1. BatBot

BatBot Well-Known Member

Just wondering if anyone knows if the original series will be re-released? Thanks!

-Matt

2. Starscream'sSis

Starscream'sSis Ravage! Bad Kitty!

Here is what my fiance emailed me today
    "Sony BMG has announced that they will re-release the 1st season of the series in 2007, and the other seasons will presumably follow. However these will most likely be just a re-release of Rhino's DVDs. The basis for this being that Sony's version of Transformers: The Movie when sold at Costco came with an exclusive Bonus Disc that had the original 1984 pilot (episodes 1-3) with the added sound effects in them. This disc was used as a preview for the Transformers Season 1 boxed set coming out in 2007 from Sony. Sony BMG closed Sony Wonder but there is a chance that it will still be released on DVD because Sony moved their Sonywonder label to Sony Pictures Home Entertainment and the first box set will be released before the DVD of the upcoming transformers movie."

3. Soundwave2

Soundwave2 Excitement! My Style!!!

News Credits:
  4. Noisemaze2006

Noisemaze2006 Banned

They need to release EVERY Transformers series on DVD! Not just G1. We have Beast Wars, Beast Machines & Armada. I'm waiting/hoping for Energon & Cybertron. (Sorry, I like them all!)

And while we're on the subject of Transformers dvd's, why the hell don't they ever go down in price like every other dvd on the planet??? Transformers dvd's go against everything we know about dvd's. Dvd's & video games always drop in price & become totally worthless eventually, but TF dvds's are STILL up near retail. I've been waiting & waiting for the Beast Machines full series to go down in price but it's still up in the 30's. WTF??? On Ebay or in the used section on Amazon.com they're always listed in the 30's, it's hard to find a seller on Ebay that doesn't list them as buy it now with a high price.

What's the big deal with these things? Why can't they just be in stock at Wal-Mart? Wal-Mart has Golden Girls, McGuyver & 3 sets of Voltron for Chist's sake! Would it really kill them to carry the full Transformers series??? They just got in 4 sets of Armada, not the full series, just 4 crappy dvd's with about 2 episodes on each. THIS SUCKS!!!

5. decepticon665

decepticon665 the amazing bored-man!

rhino dropped the ball.
    with the new film out,it's only a matter of waiting until someone picks it up.
    one can always try the chinese g1 set on tfsource.com.

i only sound so calm because all i'm missing that i really want is beast machines...

6. Noisemaze2006

Noisemaze2006 Banned

I'm missing EVERYTHiNG except Beast Wars & Cybertron. And my Cybertron is a crappy recorded off TV set, so that doesn't count. I need them all on DVD, G1, Beast Machines, Armada, RID, Energon & Cybertron. Either they NEVER release the series at all or the friggin prices NEVER drop on the ones that are out. :banghead: 

7. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

I want RID on DVD like mad. I may have to get the UK sets of that.

And why on EARTH have we not gotten Energon and Cybertron on DVD? Come on, that's money, just waiting to be printed.