Will FoC be less repetitive than WfC?

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by General Magnus, Mar 4, 2012.

1. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

I always felt that WfC was a bit repetitive.. Is FoC gonna change that?

2. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    I hope so.

I expect not.

3. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Considering they are making it a bullet point of the game, I'd say probably. They cut out co-op to allow individual characters to be and play unique.

4. DinoFreakUSA

DinoFreakUSA Well-Known Member

It won't be as repetative but there will still be some repetative points, such as melee and weapons. Other than those, we were promised that each level will have unique gameplay.

5. Cyber-Scream

Cyber-Scream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It'll be repetitive in new ways. There's only so much you can do with the the concept of robots fighting eachother. The most we can do is hope multiplayer gets updated occasionally and isn't left the same forever like WFC was after 2 DLCs.

6. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

On one level, you're grappling and speeding with Jazz. Another level is annihilation with Bruticus, and a stealth gameplay with Cliff.

I think FoC will have plenty variety over WfC :) 

7. Meggamus

Meggamus I want FOC figures!!

Teiger did say that the felt that wfc was repetitive as it was mostly indoors and it was similar colours. but now, for foc, he says that there is going to be more outdoor levels and there are going to be some levels in the night and since cybertron is dying, there is going to be a bigger range of colour i.e rust and dirt
    i also remember them saying that there would be a level where you have to go through a desert of rust .... which sounds pretty awesome

so it sounds as though the environment will be less repetitive

8. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

They are doing a lot of things to cut out the tedium from the game. Different textures and appearances for levels, day and night, a lot more outdoor levels too.

Also, it already seems like it's longer than WFC.

9. optimegatron

optimegatron Not over, not finished.

News Credits:
    I think it's gonna be a lot less repetitive than WFC. I mean, gameplay's changed into "each character has unique gameplay" and the enviorments are already, from the looks of the footage we've got from the alpha build, much more different and have more veriaty.
    I just hope they'll have some sort of a hub or free roam to kind of show that element.

10. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    More variety is one of the big points that High Moon Studios have picked up as an area for improvement and are keen to stress for this new game.

Each character has a unique feel to their levels - Cliffjumper is stealth, Jazz is grappling and sniping, Bruticus is marching through an enemy fortress laying waste to all in your path. Some shared mechanics but each level is going to offer up different challenges and play styles.

So yes, less tunnel shooting, more open environments, more levels tailored to individual powers, more variety in the environments. Sounds pretty cool all things considered :)