Will FOC be a 3D game?

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by MV95, Jan 8, 2012.

1. MV95

MV95 @marlinfan1995 News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    (I have a PS3) Does anyone know if Fall of Cybertron will be a 3D game? I just got a 3D TV on Friday and I would love to be able to play a Transformers game in 3D.

2. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran

News Credits:
    Would be neat, but I kinda doubt it.

3. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't see why not. Most big name releases have included it lately, such as Arkham City, Sonic Generations, etc., so I don't see why a year from now when 3DTVs will probably have bigger circulation that it wouldn't be included in FOC.

4. AutobotSkids

AutobotSkids G1/Bay Lover

Well, I'm really not sure if the game producers would put that much funding into a Transformers game in all honesty.

5. OptimusPrime108

OptimusPrime108 Autobot Field Commander

This. War for Cybertron did well critically but not commercially. We don't know if Fall of Cybertron will have the same issue. High Moon probably won't risk it.

6. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

3D with games confuses the hell out of me. Not that I don't get what it is, I just don't understand HOW it works. Clearly some games support 3D and others don't. It has to be something in the game that makes it that way. Do developers have to make a whole bunch of little extra lines and shapes around figures so they appear 3D? Not every game can just be converted to 3D by the Playstation 3. Also, you need a special TV to see it. What's different about the TV? You are still looking at it with glasses. Someone explain this crazy space magic to me.

7. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's scriptor

News Credits:
    Figures that the one game I want to be in 3D won't be in 3D. Oh the irony. When I one day get a 3D TV I hope to replay Crysis 2.

8. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    What your thinking about is anaglyphic 3d...the old way of doing it with red and blue glasses, that lost alot of detail and looks far inferior to the newer stereoscopic.

Without getting technical stereoscopic tv basically overlays two images over each other, the glasses you wear rapidly block each eye as to give you the illusion of seeing both pictures together giving the image depth. Works fantastically with games, especially racers and fps as that added depth is really immersive. Yes you need a stereoscopic 3DTV to be able to watch it. Also worthy of note that most PC games are capable of being played in stereoscopic 3d with the right monitor/equipment.

TV's are starting to hit the market that are auto stereoscopic, meaning they don't need glasses. Basically a Nintendo 3DS screen on a bigger scale.

For the technical explanation you'll have to read these:

Stereoscopy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

3D television - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Autostereoscopy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I bought my 3DTV nearly a year and a half ago and the content was severely lacking, it's a whole different story now with loads of stuff to keep you busy. If this game was PC bound then 3D would be a certainty, for ageing/underpowered consoles it may be too much to get the Unreal Engine in 3D, Mortal Kombat was but it's hardly the same kinda game.

9. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Shit man, I'm getting so old I forgot there's like 3D televisions video games can be played on. I read the thread title and was like "Of-fucking-course it will be, what do you think, it'll be a sidescroller?"

10. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

Me too. XD

11. Starfire22

Starfire22 Wall crawling menace!

News Credits:
    A retro styled 16 bit FoC game would be nice.....

12. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    Maybe. It won't be a 'change my opinion' thing, but it'll be cool. I read somewhere it's one of the Top 10 upcoming XBOX games, so yeah.

13. MV95

MV95 @marlinfan1995 News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    :lolol 

14. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Basically because the game exists in a virtual 3D environment, for the most part, developers simply have to duplicate the player-camera to simulate left and right eye. It's not difficult, but if your game was meant to run at peak with one view, it can really task the system if you're having to render everything twice. So you either have to go down a resolution level or plan with 3D in mind ahead of time to simplify some of your texture work, etc etc. I played WFC in 3D and it looked freakin amazing. I hope they implement it, but not at the expense of the game itself.

15. emoo

emoo Well-Known Member

Lol same look and effect, you just lose the purplish tint of the old red and blue glasses on the new tvs. Does not impress me. The tvs without glasses at least for the early models you need to be center of the screen to see the effect or you lose the depth if you look at it from a angle. When one comes out projecting a 3d hologram then I'll be impressed

16. RisingPhoenix86

RisingPhoenix86 One of Soundwaves minions

News Credits:
    It might but the 3D fad is almost done and over with. At the CES expo this month they said they are not going to be making many more 3d products. They are now concentrating on 4k and 8k resolution hdtv's.

17. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, the 3D fad died with the 3DS, what with it's horrible sales in Japan this Holiday.

18. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    True, but 3D TVs are still selling well, so maybe the trend will live on in that respect. I could see a better market for 3D in systems more known for FPS perspective gameplay.

19. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was being silly. The 3DS sold through the roof this past Holiday. Just making a failed-sarcastic gesture towards Phoenix's "3D fad is on its way out" statement.

20. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm OriginalRotorstorm Fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    if it's on the 3DS, yes, I really don't think people care that much about that when it comes to games and would prefer it to just look good and play solidly.