Will Devastator Return? TF site says maybe

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by unicronic, May 17, 2011.

1. unicronic

unicronic TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Just been browsing the TF website.

Devs bio says if enough Constructicon's assemble he will return? Is that a hint?

2. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's scriptor

News Credits:
    No. It's just that Devastator has no set number of components. He can be made up many, many TFs.

3. davieanix

davieanix Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm trying to stay away from spoilers so I don't know if there is some kind of definitive answer, but I said to my mate the other day that with the money spent on such a massive scaled effect like Devastator, I really wouldn't be surprised to see him return in this film. Like as in the same way Bonecrusher was in ROTF.

4. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's scriptor

News Credits:
    I hope that he can return. Afterall there are clones and who knows.

5. Kraken

Kraken Is a vegiesaurus, Lex. Veteran

News Credits:
    If he does then Bay and co. have done a great job of keeping it under wraps. I wouldn't have thought so myself, but we will be seeing some of his component parts such as Long Haul.

6. Trypticon 2010

Trypticon 2010 Well-Known Member

No, the big monster in this one is Shockwaves tentacle pet.

Devestator clearly died after falling off the pyramid

7. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

No it isn't Hasbro is just taking a bit from Exodus where generic Constructicons can for a Devastator.

If its Brawl who thinks he is Dvavatator well yeah there is a fodder clone like Bonecrusher in ROTF. More clones are Long Haul, a Protoform Con, Sideways and Tankor I think.

8. cnic

cnic Decepticon

LOL. Wouldn't it be a huge surprise (and yes this is speculation and joking mostly) if the Autobots took what was left of Devs and made him into an Autobot and he comes in to kill the Driller?

9. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I don't think that Devastator will return because as far as I know there aren't any really big piles of sand in Dark of the Moon. Devastator didn't stop anyone in Revenge of the Fallen and Shockwave has something for knocking down building so unless the Decepticons just really need an over sized vacuum cleaner I'm not sure what Devastator would do in the film.

10. The Bucket Kitten

The Bucket Kitten Meow... TFW2005 Supporter

I won't be returning, getting shot by a rail-gun and falling off a Pyramid isn't a experience I want to do again. F*cking Bay. :p 

11. iceburn9

iceburn9 Constructicon

News Credits:
    Much as I would love to see Devastator return, I'm not getting my hopes up.

Theoretically, Devastator cannot die, because as long as there are enough individual clones, they can merge to form him.

Would have been nice to see him wreak havoc in the final battle scene. Perhaps if the Constructicons merged in a different sequence, a different configuration of Devastator could be had, not neccessarily the vortex vacuum cleaner we saw in ROTF.

I guess that's my only gripe with DOTM so far. None of the characters we know of so far, apart from Shockwave, impresses me at all.
    None of them has the capacity to make me go "wow" in the way I did when the Constructicons came together in ROTF.

Am keeping my fingers crossed that Bay has something under wraps that would be awe-inspiring when it transforms on screen.

12. Suchus Prime

Suchus Prime Well-Known Member

That would be cool but we already have the driller. Another behemoth would be doing too much.

13. Phil

Phil Well-Known Member

I don't think anyone is saying that Driller could actually be Devastator, I think if anything they would be implying that we have yet to actually see him, but he may be in it.

Either way, I'd say unlikely, but who knows.

14. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movies Fan/Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    well Long haul is in DOTM

15. HypnoFirework

HypnoFirework Elcor

maybe Devestator can transform into the Drillbot/Tentacle Monster

16. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    As long as he's able to move faster than a snail, I'm all for it. He was nowhere near a threat in ROTF, so if he is to appear in DOTM, then I hope he uses all his potential.

EDIT:

If it were up to me I'd make him return one last time. Only this time he will be formed from robots to vehicles and from vehicles to the combined mode, the way it should have been.

Also, I would love the idea of Bonecrusher taking the form of a mine protected bulldozer to form Devastators right leg.

I've heard it from a number of people that there were two bulldozers that made up his leg, so It would be nice that it would include bonecrusher.
    That way it will be both Rampage and Bonecrusher...that would be cool.

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

17. CyberTutu

CyberTutu Member

Although Devastator would be awesome we already have the Driller, and judging from the trailer that worm's awesome as well.