Will Dark of the Moon be more successful then the first two movies?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by TheRubberbandit, Mar 22, 2011.

1. TheRubberbandit

TheRubberbandit Banned

Do you think it will get good reviews, or gross more money then ROTF? or what?

2. The Swordsman

The Swordsman The REAL hero of Hyrule

News Credits:
    I have heard a lot of people ( particularly on the Transformers Live Action Movie Blog, a blog where 99% of commenters act like rowdy children.) proclaiming that the movie will be a complete box office flop that can't be saved, simply because Megan Fox has been scrapped in favour of 'Rosie TopModel' as they call her. This of course is Bollocks, as I imagine there are more people in the world who want to see giant robots turning into sports cars as oppose to some lady with a nice ass.

3. Toa Maximus

Toa Maximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The loss of Megan Fox wont really matter becaue she couldn't carry Jennifer's Body

4. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

Probably will outgross the first and the second TOGETHER, the movie is in 3D, after all..

I think that on the worst possibility, it will match the second movie.

5. ambi889

ambi889 Well-Known Member

I know. It's like they can't get over it. Anyways, I think it will be a success. How much of a success, time will tell. I think the superbowl spot did a good job of pumping the crowd up. The anticipation is certainly high.

6. TheRubberbandit

TheRubberbandit Banned

I hope it does successful I love the bay movies and it annoys me when people talk shit about them

7. Santoanderson

Santoanderson Well-Known Member

Ya' know, a lot of people try to place a lot of the first two movie's financial success on Bay, or on Labeouf, Fox, etc. The truth is, people see these movies because it's Transformers. It's a brand name that they recognize from their childhood.

8. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Financially it'll probably due quite well. It'll at least be on-par with the first two. Though that'll be due to the action scenes, and it being released in 3D (faaaaad). The "story" (or lack of) itself will most likely be on-par with RotF, if not worse. Personally not what I would call a "success", but to each their own...

9. Jadryx

Jadryx Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    For reception from the critics I think it will probably be on par with the first one or at the least I'd say better than ROTF. BUT...I don't care too much about what the critics have to say anyway. It only bothers me that the movies that I like a lot are blasted by the critics so much and then used as a comparison for bad movies (EX - "....it wasn't as bad as the piece of crap that Transformers was" etc.)

Financially I think it will outperform ROTF, but that will probably be mainly because of 3D ticket prices. Overall attendance might suffer due to fallout from ROTF and the very competitive summer movie schedule.

10. Cyber Star

Cyber Star Why so Geewun, Loser?

i hope it does really well and better than the first 2 films :D 

11. transformervic1

transformervic1 HI!

News Credits:
    i think its gonna be great! action wise.... but something tells me theyre gonna bash it because MOST of the movie is basically focused on chicago, when its titled "dark of the moon". cuz in the teasers theyre saying "earth goes dark". i hope we get an epic moon battle, not just some dumb mission to go up to get sentinel and bring him back down to kick some ass.plus the Cons have to invade chicago FOR A REASON...and i dont think theyre invading the whole planet this time.

12. TFfan08

TFfan08 Vigilante

News Credits:
    This
    and come on, who wouldn't want to see robots beat the crap out of each other in 3D?

13. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    Guaranteed it will not flop even if it doesn't make as much as rotf, it will actually make more because of the 3D

14. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    Lol. The brand name is a big part of it, and so is Bay. All of Bay's movies, save The Island have been blockbuster successes.

Together they equal blockbuster. Add in 3d and I think the money will at least match ROTF.

15. ErbFan28

ErbFan28 Go Dennis Erb Jr. #28!!!

News Credits:
    I think it'll make a little less than the second one. The first one was very popular and that made people want to come and see the second one. ROTF wasn't as popular with audiences as the first one was though, so I think less people will watch the third. I say it makes about 500,000,000 worldwide. I think ROTF made 700,000,000 worldwide.

16. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    It's gonna be huge, but the final Harry Potter is gonna bite into it (and everything else, for that matter).

17. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

The second one was actually pretty popular with audiences, it was only hated by critics.

And I doubt that it will gross less than ROTF, it's on 3-D for God's sake! It's a movie with big giant robots and it's in 3D, of course it will outgross ROTF!

18. Cyber-Scream

Cyber-Scream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sooo true.

19. Santoanderson

Santoanderson Well-Known Member

Most everybody I spoke to thought it was unwatchable, and none of them are professional critics. Not all critics are snobbish, art-house types who look down on popcorn movies. Most are just like you and me, except they watch a lot more movies than us.

Keep in mind, most critics lower their standards depending on the genre. They aren't going to grade The King's Speech with the same eye as they would, say, Zombieland. They know when they're watching an artsy-fartsy flick, and they know when they're watching a popcorn flick.

Let's not forget the most notable critic who gave ROTF a harsh review: Michael Bay. That guy has been apologizing up and down for ROTF. He too realized the movie was unwatchable, and has basically said that DOTM will be his apology for everyone who hated ROTF.

20. NCStarscream

NCStarscream Me Grimlock cute

News Credits:
    I'm expecting it to get better reviews than ROTF, but not as good as TFTM 07. And I am not sure about the gross - I'd automatically say less than ROTF and about the same as TFTM 07, but the 3D and IMAX tickets will inflate sales, while the large number of other movies being shown in the same formats may hold that down. So moneywise I'll randomly guess it'll make more than TFTM 07 but less than ROTF.