Will Cybertronians ever become public to humankind in TFP?

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by ahunmaster, Aug 18, 2011.

1. ahunmaster

ahunmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So far in the series (up to Episode 22 of Season 1), only Jack, Miko, Raf, June, MECH, Fowler and the people he works for know that Cybertronians exist and that they're on the planet.

Going back to older series of Transformers, there have been several series where the human population knew of them (G1, Animated) and a few where they were oblivious to the most part (Armada).

Do you think that in Prime, the Autobots and Decepticons will ever be known to the whole world or will everyone else remain in the dark about Earth's visitors? If you think the world will eventually find out about them, how far in the series will it be until it happens?

*I've checked dozens of threads on this forum, but I did not see one like this among them. If such a thread exists, please let me know or close this one.*

2. Snark

Snark Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I presume they will,
    especially given that recent Unicron teaser, it'd be pretty hard to ignore the planet sized robot trying to eat your garage.

3. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    **Yes, not looking at past TF episodes; I'm sure more "humans" will know that transformers are around, since, the new guy will be showing up shortly.**

4. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think they will, but it'll be Season 2 only, because you can't have a "Humanity noticed they exist" plot WITHOUT a good sized humanity, but by Season 2 I think they'll have enough human CGI models to make good crownd scenes,

5. ssjkazer

ssjkazer mr dyslexia

News Credits:
    oh it will happen there isnt any way it wont nomnomnomnom hehehe

6. meirelle

meirelle Sea of Shelfwarmers

Or there won't be a planet left to notice. :D  nomnomnom.

7. Kostya

Kostya Destron

News Credits:
    I don't see why not. It can't possibly be a secret forever, that's wasting a lot of potential story angles.

8. StarYoshi14

StarYoshi14 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Unicron will make sure of that.

9. Flashdisk

Flashdisk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I hope they can make it so. But I think they'll have to start building a lot of human character models. Each human is unique after all.

10. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

Masquaredes are MADE to be broken, fellas.

11. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    It's happened plenty time before, so why not?

12. lordjimmybob

lordjimmybob Well-Known Member

Humans have to catch on sooner or later. The Autobots and Decepticons have caused alot of damage in areas with security cameras and there has been 2 massive space crafts lying around on Earth with Airachnids impacting on the planet recently. The space bridge explosion should have been visible to everyone on Earth. Energon mines exploding and fighting in public areas also should cause alot of ruckus. Even if they fight in the city at night they still cause alot of noise and property damage which would catch the ear of any nearby civilians. So the sooner the secrets out, the more sense this show will make. Still this show is awsome. Just has some cartoon logic.

13. ahunmaster

ahunmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    When and how will humankind find out?

Both of you brought up really good points, though I am not so certain about what Snark said. I know everyone has assumed who the mysterious character is in the Season 2 teaser, but no one is certain who it is yet.

Anyway, it looks like a lot of people think that humankind will find out about the Autobots and Decepticons eventually.

Since the majority seems to think the same, how about this. If you do believe it will happen, when (Season/Episode) and how will it happen?

From what I've read around the net, there seems to be at least 4 seasons written out already with more possible. I think that the series may go on longer than that and though I don't know how, I think that humankind will find out about them (as a population, not just individuals now and then) possibly in Season 4 or later. It might just be me, but I feel that if humanity discovers the Cybertronians, it'll be closer to the series ending. I just can't see how much further the story could go if Earth's population knew of them then if they didn't.

14. Paxtin

Paxtin Why am I here?

I hope not too soon.

I kind of like the whole robot in disguise, thing.

15. Kostya

Kostya Destron

News Credits:
    I think it will happen in the opening of season 2. My prediction is that Megatron gets some type of armor together in late season 1. They then start to battle with the Autobots in a highly public location, divulging their existence to the world. The Autobots are being routed by this army only for Wheeljack and the Wreckers to arrive and bail them out however they must go into hiding because of the humans. The kids will also have their families harassed because it's known that they have contact with Autobots.

16. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

Unless all the conflict with Unicron is done away from Earth, humanity will probably find out about the Transformers. Giant planet eating robot coming to devour Earth will make the existence of giant robots abundantly clear.

17. HarryFA1

HarryFA1 Rank #14

News Credits:
    You never know, it might not be Unicron. But back on topic they probably will, but if they don't, the writers could go for a whole "We've saved the world but no one will ever know" angle.

18. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    I really REALLY hope that if they do, it's strictly under a "THE GOVERNMENT'S HIDING SHIT, MAN" or a "CONSPIRACY THEORY" type blanket, where people are skeptical of their existence and not close to being fully aware. I'm not for full disclosure and "the Autobots are here to promote the new subway system" kind of crap.

19. megapork

megapork Cheese

Doubt it. But the possibility is there. The robots in disguise comes to mind. The Covert part of the story prevent human interference and casualties not caused by a certain japanese girl who likes obscure bulgarian rock metal bands.

20. Idon

Idon Well-Known Member

I can't wait for the season 2 finale in 2017.