Will club exclusives restock?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by nsr46gamer, Apr 29, 2011.

1. nsr46gamer

nsr46gamer Well-Known Member

I'm new to the collectors club, just joined this year. I was wondering that when animated cheetor and g2 ramjet both sell out, which ramjet already is, will they eventually restock them, or is this only a limited run of these guys?

2. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    Limited run is the name of the game with Club exclusives. They could, possibly, commission to make a few hundred more, which they did last year with Punch on a very restricted basis. But the fan outcry for "having missed Punch" was a lot louder than it seems to be for Ramjet (they also made more Ramjets to begin with), so the chances of it happening are slim

3. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    They'll have a couple of spare to take care of defects. If the number of defects are relatively low they may toss them up in the store at a later point or they could get rid of the toys in other ways. Even if they do put them up in the store if could be months or even years down the road and they'll only have a handful. It's not worth trying to predict when/if this would happen.

4. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    Generally no, but if they do, it'll be very limited.

5. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    I scored a Punch/Counterpunch last year on the second try. But like Abrogate said, there was a lot more bitching last year about people who missed it.

6. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, it just wasn't a good time for me. My CC was cut off because of the PSN hack (New card in the mail) and I had to move into a new apartment so I was pretty strapped for cash on Wednesday and Thursday. Of course, Ramjet sold out before I got paid so I'm SOL:2c: 

Hopefully they do another run but we are going to need to kick the bitching up a notch people:lol 

OMG THE CLUB STORE SUCKS BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T WAIT FOR ME AAAAAHHHHHHHH HORRIBLE PEOPLE

Good?:thumbs2: 

(Don't take me seriously please. I'd like another run but if it doesn't happen, I'll be ok. I'll just get Stepper instead:2c: )

7. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Fixed that for ya buddy :thumbs2: 

8. Waverider

Waverider Supreme Dude TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    One thing that I don't understand is that TFCC gave us a rough estimate on when these will be up for pre-order giving us plenty of time to save up and prepare. When these finally are up at the time TFCC estimated, people are surprised or unprepared.

9. SkywarpsNipples

SkywarpsNipples ホンマおもろい人やね〜

News Credits:
    This.

10. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    ^^Even better is that they gave us almost a years warning by announcing what figures they would be producing this year which gave us about 9 months to prepare. Just like when Botcon registration sneaks up on people.

I do feel bad for Chrisr291, hopefully a boardie will be able to hook you up when everything gets squared away.

As far as the original poster goes, every now and then people get lucky when the Club does a little spring cleaning and has some warehouse finds. A couple people were lucky enough to get the Seacons and 08 Botcon sets earlier this year (among other things). However, these usually come with an "as is, no returns" note. It will be interesting to see what this years run was, but I wouldn't count on any major restock. Depending on the numbers, I don't think they want to dilute the exclusivity too much.

11. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I believe its a little thing called "LIFE":) . It doesn't happen often (to me at least) but sometimes life will throw a curve ball at ya and screw all your plans up.

So yeah, 9 months is a lot of time to prepare but when you had the past 3 months I had (Stolen Car, Mechanic Bills because the body shop sucks and didn't fix everything, New Apt rent plus old rent cause you can't stand your gf) I fell short 2 days:banghead: .

Like I said, I'm not mad at all at anyone, I just had different priorities at the time of purchase that needed my immediate attention.

12. taterx

taterx Lurkin since Transfandom

C291 I feel for ya bro & dig your positive tude, Scatman Jazz type zen vibes oozing off of that post. Good luck on the life reset plenty of us know how that fortress of solitude apartment transition can be. And here's to hoping you get that Stepper instead.

13. nsr46gamer

nsr46gamer Well-Known Member

Oh god, I'm so tight on money right now. Been trying to save some money here and there, but things just come up.... but I went ahead and got cheetor anyways, just had to have him :) 

14. jerryitus

jerryitus Transformer vacuum

I don't have any faith in "limited runs" anymore. Even botcon stuff isn't hard to get anymore, since transformers have become more popular in recent years, the collectability of these exclusives seems to be going in the toilet IMO.