Will Binaltech\Alerternity ever get a real story?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by OldDirtyBot, Mar 21, 2010.

1. OldDirtyBot

OldDirtyBot ODB

Why has there not been a cartoon or comic for Binaltech or Alternity? They do cool little bios on the figures and thats about it as far as I know. Cartoons\comics are pretty much around to help sell figures. These lines could use all the help they can get. I know they aren't geared straight at kids like BW and Animated were. And since hasbro hasn't started releasing US versions of Alternity like they did with Alternators, its unlikely we'll see any future support of these lines.

But Binaltech and Alternity are Japanese. They put out thousands Animes and Manga's non-stop. They made so many of the older TF cartoon series. What the hell is stoping them from doing something now? Is there some kind of rights issue keeping them from doing it?

I love anime. I just watched Gundam Unicorn last night and it was great, same gundam story you've seen a 100 times but still fun to watch. I watch the latest Bleach, Naruto, etc episodes every week. But does someone have to come up with a Teenage TF thats all emo before they will make a new series?

I know the Kiss players had some kind of story or radio show thing and maybe some manga but I never really saw any detail about it ever make it to the US.

IDW seems to be desperate for ideas and new ways to screw up G1. Does anyone like that new Bumblebee crap? I bought a couple issues and can't get past the first couple pages and I read ALL TF comics. Wreckers? Semi blah. Nefarious? Another waste of paper. Hey, how about a series based on the most detailed TF ever made? That already have a large cast of characters with great bios, some starter story ideas, and run with that!

2. Sorrow Six Star

Sorrow Six Star Close Countach

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I agree Alternators would have made a great series... maybe we should put our heads together and make a photo comic... I have a good handful of alternators. ha!

3. VSpec

VSpec TF Forza Painter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    hehe, I've got about 20 myself

but, seriously, if someone wants to make up a story, I can get my Alts out and put em in the poses or whatever. Just don't write in the characters I don't have or get someone else to do them.

4. Sorrow Six Star

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I figured you would!

5. VSpec

VSpec TF Forza Painter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    What? I love Transformers and cars. I miss the Alternator line. Only ones I wish I had are Camshaft, Nemesis Prime, Hot Rod and the BT Red Alert (I like the regular STI spoiler on him).

I have Prime, Nemesis, Megatron and Bumblebee from Alternity, too. Can't wait for Starscream and Skywarp.

6. Sorrow Six Star

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    which is why I said that.. your the guy with the wicked forza alternators..

I knew you would have a few of these...

all I did for fun for a few years was play racing games and work on my car..
    so yeah.. I noticed your stuff pretty easily!

I wish I had a few more alts I didn't realize they existed till the last year they made them damn it..

7. VSpec

VSpec TF Forza Painter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That sucks. I found out about em before they came out and went crazy when I found Smokescreen. I got lucky and got about 7 of em off of WalMart's website at one time. Never saw those in stores either. Looked high and low for Camshaft but never found one. :( 

8. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    Binaltech has a storry!!!

9. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    This is actually one of the things I loved about the Alternators series as opposed to Binal Tech. There was NO media except the collector's imagination, etc. Aside from the obviously homages to particular characters, it's so open-ended that anyone can create their own storyline.

Alternity = the Lollipop Guild

10. wildfly

wildfly Lasers, 8 O'Clock, Day 1.

News Credits:
    IIRC, the licsensing of the vehicles didn't include media rights..

Thkinking about how Ford didn't want a Mustang to 'loose' to a Camaro, maybe car manufactuers may see a cartoon or comic as the same.

11. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, I believe the simple fact that they never licensed the vehicles for use in media is the reason we never did (or indeed, ever will) got a comic or cartoon based around those lines. And it's easy to see why - the additional costs, and the fact that every issue or episode would have to be cleared with the car's manufacturers, to name two. It's not sensible.

Well, that, along with the fact that it's a distantly secondary collector-targeted line that they don't want or really need to sink the money into fiction for.