Will Beast Wars appreciate? (and other questions)

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Choppaface, Jan 29, 2011.

1. Choppaface

Choppaface <font color="#FFFF00"><b><i>ToyArk.com webmaster</ Veteran

Will the market for Beast Wars era releases grow in the next few years? (e.g. American/Takara Season 1 figures, Car Robots & clear super god fire convoy, the series that Takto Tank was in.., Beast Machines, early G1 reissues Jafcon Prime, the recolored fortress maximus). Are there collectors interested in C9+ with-opened-box examples, or does the market heavily favor MISB now? How much do prototypes of early Beast Machines go for?

Oh man, I wish this smilie existed in 2002 :scalper  Who added it? <3 <3

And is Tony Bacala responsible for making the ToyArk non-TF? Or is that Kickback's doing? :p  Thank goodness it's not a Gobots-only forum.

And where did my 11,000 posts go?

Cheers to all the vets!!! Are Vangelus and Shin Gouki still here?

Last edited: Jan 29, 2011
  2. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

Welcome back.

For most of your questions I don't have the answers, so I'll just answer those I know the answers for.

I think the BW era market has stabilized, but you can expect the prices to go up for, say TM Megatron as more and more of that figure are suffering from Gold Plastic Syndrome - plastic crumbling and breaking spontaneously.

Yes, Vangelus and Shin are still here.

3. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

I'd say the market for most Beast Wars figures is depreciating. I've got all but one of every character who appeared in the show and I managed to get them all at very reasonable prices.

Like Razorclaw says, figures like Metals Megatron (Japanese = no GPS) and X-9 Ravage will always hold their value IMO, but the vast majority you can pock up for a bargain if you hunt around eBay and the Junkion threads.

4. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Have you seen the prices for original basic class Rattrap and Terrorsaur it's friggin insane. :eek: 

Again some will always be worth more than others.

5. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    I think the bigger-ticket stuff like BW2/BW Neo, the easily breakable guys, and the show characters will appreciate. I think as the collectors who were kids from 95-99 start hitting college you'll see more appreciation, same as a decade before with G1.

If you're looking to buy BW, do it now rather than later.

6. Maverick Hunter Christian

Maverick Hunter Christian Choke on that, causality!

News Credits:
    Choppaface! Holy crap dude! Its good to see that name again.

I think the really early Beast Wars figures, the spring-loaded basics and anything with a mutant head will do well in value, especially figures that made it on to the show. Past that? Who knows. Some of those figures are still really easy to get a hold of...

7. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    For your posts, there was a big data loss in 2003, I think? wiped everyone's post counts.

8. Jimmy88

Jimmy88 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like to think that they are appreciating in personal value, which is why in the last week I have been attempting to complete my Beast Wars Collection. Main reason is that I was talking about Beast Wars on here with a couple dudes and it really got me thinking. I grew up on Beast Wars and by having all of them with the whole DVD collection I like to think that the collection is priceless:) 

Nice man I love it, I am also on the verge of completing mine. Which one are you missing by the way oh and did you ever have problems with Transmetal Megs????

9. Automorpher

Automorpher Autobot Slut!

News Credits:
    I would strongly suggest that you get the Telemocha Reissues instead, they definitely looked more screen accurate with all the added detailing. :D 

10. 420bot

420bot ******

Could you help a BW bro out here, and tell me, where o' where can I still get me a telemocha Waspinator?

I still need a Transmetal 2 Dinobot, Tele Wasp, Optimal Optimus, Tele Rhinox, Trans 2 Blackarachnia, and Henkei Dinobot. Also maybe a Spittor just for old times sake.

The irony is I have a Rapticon, Primal Prime, trans Rhinox, classics Dinobot, and I could easily get trans Wasp if I wanted.

Telemocha Wasp is still my most wanted, as I've never even seen this figure in person.

Not to mention the whole series needs a bluray complete set!

11. Automorpher

News Credits:
    Telemocha Waspinator will be a bit#h to locate, Rhinox maybe easier... :D 

12. 420bot

420bot ******

I've had a few chances to get Rhinox, but I never seem to have the cash at the time, plus with all these damn awesome Classics 3.0 coming out all the time and there retoolings, I'm broke as a joke, for this month.

But, getting back to the main topic, yes I believe all the characters featured in the series will go up in value in the next five years. I don't expect let's say, Scavenger to ever sell for more than what he originally cost.

But then again, there is this, lol!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Transformers-Beast-Wars-Transmetal-Scavenger-Leg-Ver-/230569543208?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35af040628

13. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The figures I think have been stable for the last few years, it's the DVDs that are commanding insane ammounts

14. Automorpher

News Credits:
    He's supposed to be a rarer variant of Scavenger, just didn't know if he's USD $600 rare... :rolleyes2 

15. Choppaface

Choppaface <font color="#FFFF00"><b><i>ToyArk.com webmaster</ Veteran

Oh man, I never bought the DVDs, wish I did.

I think that's a legit variant of Scavenger (wow, can't believe I remember!), but yeah not worth $600 :D  Does anybody here remember the $100,000 ebay auction wars for fake Unicron prototypes? ("it's as as big as my house and ate my dog!")

Thanks for the input about the BW valuation. The gold plastic thing is scary!!! I think I have all three TM Megatron variants, and now I'm also worried for some of the other stuff. Wow, had no idea they did a third wave of reissues. And holy crap, the Transformers Masterpiece series is absolutely absurd! had no idea things would ever go that way.

Did Flash Convoy ever come back here? :D