will BBTS replace a damaged part?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by tb-1599, Aug 9, 2011.

1. tb-1599

tb-1599 Well-Known Member

I recieved my City Commander today (YEAAAA!!!!) but when I was taking it out of its plastic shell I noticed some paint damage on the chest. Do you think BBTS will replace that piece? I already emailed them but I wanted to find out other peoples experiece with this kind of situation.

2. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    They should replace it without too much trouble.

3. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Proud No Ma'amer!

If it was damaged right when you opened it BBTS will make it right. When i got my MP Ultra Magnus delivered the mechanism that keeps the legs extended was broken right out of the box. I emailed them but sadly it was friday when i got it but come monday they emailed me the return label so i shipped it back to them and a week later i got him with 2 brand new legs. The best part was how painless the whole process was. Their customer service is great!

4. tb-1599

I hope I dont have to mail mine back I just got it LOL. I hope they can just send me a new piece. LOL

5. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Proud No Ma'amer!

I understand that but if you do have to mail it back it only costs you the gas money which wasnt a big deal for me since i just dropped it off while i was already out taking care of some things.

6. tb-1599

thats true...

7. Timesynch

Timesynch Is a Bad Hombre!

News Credits:
    They sure can.

My PE-11 Scouting Force X not-Reflector came with one gun (out of three) whose barrel was a bit messed up molding wise. Looked ugly and had trouble fitting the sniper barrel extension on it not to mention would not stay on completely flush inside the camera lens drum with the other two guns, and would pop out all the time.

I e-mailed them about it, posted some pictures of the faulty gun, and they delivered a new rifle to me free of charge, expedited shipping. Great customer service, really top notch!

But that in mind, I assume they can only replace parts if they have some spare product left in stock (to crack open and scavenge for parts). With a hot ticket item like the CC set, however, I'm not sure how easily it is to replace a bad part if they're all sold out and spoken for. Best to ask them directly and see what can be worked out.

8. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    As long as they have extra pieces or kept some back for problems. If not, they might offer to refund the entire purchase or give you some store credit.

9. tb-1599

well if thats the only option I would rather just deal with the scratch LOL

10. tb-1599

Well I just got an Email from Nick at BBTS and they said they have a replacement piece and will send it out ASAP. (how ever long that takes but you know what beggars can't be choosers. And that's AWSOME service.

11. Timesynch

Timesynch Is a Bad Hombre!

News Credits:
    Nice! Makes me feel all that much better for snagging a CC kit from BBTS too! If I run into any QC problems, I'll be sure to get on the horn with BBTS. They haven't let me down yet!

12. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Whoops, what I meant is that if they did not have a replacement part and you did not want to return the entire piece they may offer you $10-$15 of store credit.

Glad you got it covered though.