Will BB Speak? Evidence from Alliance #3.

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Master Fwiffo, Feb 19, 2009.

1. Master Fwiffo

Master Fwiffo Bonecrusher Hates You

News Credits:
    So, everybody loved BB's plucky little radio speak, and hated his voice at the end. Ok, so, how are they going to do it in ROTF?

Well, here's the lowdown.

In the official Prequel comic Alliance, issue 2, Starscream raided a camp and got in a big fight with Wreckage and it was all sorts of messy. BB showed up to save the day and was caught in the crossfire, taking what looked to be a hit to the throat.

Ok...

Well, I got issue 3 today, and in the first panel, BB seemed to have a bit of trouble speaking. He kept glitching out mid sentence.

Later in the episode, when Ratchet should have already had time to look at him, BB has similar trouble. After failing to get through a word twice, he gives up and resorts back to the Radio.

I think we may say that continued in ROTF, with the in-movie explnation that BB's processor wasn't fully repaired. He'll only be able to speak occasionally, before his voice shorts out and reverts to radio talk. This will have the benefit of minimizing the voice we hate and allowing them to pull more radio gags (which were pretty popular).

So, that's my theory. What do you all think of this solution?

2. Zombiedude

Zombiedude Junkion Warrior

Poor BB and his voice box made of glass...

3. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I thought we knew BB would speak because he spoke at the end of the first movie, and I know the comic mythos is important, but anyone who isn't us fans and get every form of Transformer media, will go to that sequel saying "Wait, didn't he talk at the end of the movie?"

4. a.g.e.1

a.g.e.1 Autobots....Roll Out!!!

Sounds like a good theory. I have to admit, it was good for him to have his voice back, but I really dislike the British accent. I'm from England myslef, but I didn't like Bumblebee with the English accent, he's better suited with an American accent. I guess they might carry it on into ROTF. Most likely everyone who hasn't read Alliance wouldn't notice his voice is broke again, unless they notice fine detail.

5. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

What I'd like to know is how it got FIXED in the first place. Unless it was the work of the Allspark or BB hid the pain of talking really, really, well, he was able to talk like he'd been talking the entire movie. I personally liked it when he had to talk through the radio myself, especaily the scene in the movie when he said "message from Starfleet captain: let's get the Hell out of here!"

6. a.g.e.1

a.g.e.1 Autobots....Roll Out!!!

That's a good question, it could've been the AllSpark or Ratchet (who seems to be just some guy in the background now), but then he would've been fixed totally instead of being fixedd for a while.

7. Mooseakolopsatron

Mooseakolopsatron Well-Known Member

I liked the voice..the radio thing kinda annoyed me, I hope he talks in this one.

8. jadtdt

jadtdt Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Aw, man. I liked his voice. The radio thing was nice for the first movie, but I'm not interested in seeing it return.

9. Shaba

Shaba Decepticon femme TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I thought it was direct contact w/ the Allspark that gave Bee back his voice (similar to how Frenzy regained his full form after contact w/ it).

10. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

Frenzy never actually touched the AllSpark, all that happened was that a bolt of energy burst at him and he grew his body back.

In BB's case, he'd had the AllSpark buckled up in his backseat, and he didn't choose to talk till the near end of the movie, which had major events happen in between, like BB's legs getting blown off by Screamer and BB/Mikayla driving the tow truck while BB shot at Brawl.

11. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I like his voice. It makes him out to be a little mischievious scamp who likes to consider himself distinguished. (which is why he must always look the part :3)

Also, he had two lines. Two very short lines. He obviously has an accent, but it wasn't glaringly over-the-top british accent. I don't know what everybody's getting bothered about.

It was confirmed by the writers that Ratchet's plasma injection when all the ABs showed up was what actually cured his voice over the course of the film, though they didn't get a chance to explain it. (one of the more subtle hints is that his vocalizations sound more and more like an actual voice as the movie goes on) The Allspark never "activated" when BB held it, so it didn't affect him.

12. Ethereal

Ethereal A Sad Flareon

I don't mind it returning, but I think they could just stop coming up with BS reasons for his voicebox to break.

Bumblebee seems smart enough to speak vocally and through his XM radio...

13. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    i thought Mark Ryan was already confirmed to be back as voicing BB

14. Tommybg2003

Tommybg2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i don't get why the cube fixed frenzy but when bb went up to it it didn't fix him and he should have been able to talk right then.

15. Optimus1986

Optimus1986 TMNT & Hulk Fanatic

This.

16. Vince

Vince Decepticon

News Credits:
    lmao!

I dont know how i feel towards the whole radio-speaking thing. I guess it's kinda fun, but part of me would still like Bumblebee to actually speak; though I'm not a fan of the English accent he had at the end of the first film (I can picture something like Michael J Fox's voice working quite well for Bumblebee instead).

17. Master Fwiffo

Master Fwiffo Bonecrusher Hates You

News Credits:
    Lemee clarify a little bit.

It's not that he's completely mute, it's that his voice shorts out occasionally.

Here's the actual dialouge. The first time, just after he got hit:
    "Stars --*kzzt*-- killed all --*kzzt*-- huma --*kzzit*-- Starscr --*kzzt*-- would ha --*kzzt*--- killed them --*kzzt*-- all."

The second time, much later (days, after being back with Ratchet) (whille appologizing):
    'Sor -- *Kzzt*-- Sor --*Kzzt*-- "I'm sorry. It's all my fault." '

So he's not completely mute, his voice box just shorts out. They probably wouldn't even have to explain it in ROTF. Just say his voice box isn't completely fixed and shorts out on occasion/while under stress. See, easy?

18. Faded-Myth

Faded-Myth Oddbot

I kinda just figure he'll have his voice back. I don't see much point in him being mute for the rest of the series since he's Sam's BFF now. It wouldn't lead to much of a relationship.

Having said that, I get the feeling BB speaks only when needed anyway. I haven't read the comics so I could be wrong but Bee gives me the impression of someone who doesn't jabber crap like Jazz. I think in that respect his polite British voice suited him, but that's just my presonal preference.

19. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    I think BB should have talk by radio when he was still undercover. As soon as Sam saw him in robot mode he should have started talking. But that's just me.

20. omegagoalie

omegagoalie Cybertronian Puckstopper

Ebay:
    I liked him talking through the radio.I thought it was a clever idea. I'd be cool with him trying to speak, his voice fizzing out, hes gets mad, punches something and goes back to the radio talk.