Will anyone who disliked TF1 go and see ROTF?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Starscreamer95, Jan 27, 2009.

1. Starscreamer95

Starscreamer95 'Civil' Nintendo Fanboy

News Credits:
    Will anyone?

2. megatronkicksas

megatronkicksas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    PFFT who doesn't like TFTM1 evereryone loved it.

3. Starscreamer95

Starscreamer95 'Civil' Nintendo Fanboy

News Credits:
    Not everyone did

4. Radioactive Ravage

Radioactive Ravage Ancient

Yeah, and everybody loved Starscream's design, too!

And FLAMES! Everyone loved flames.

5. Spoon

Spoon Banned

Like me.
    The first half was enjoyable, but from everyone being captured by S7 onwards it was crap, because it took itself too seriously. It's a movie about giant robots! Have some fun with it. Gah.

Second movie, will probably watch it.

6. Thundercrackah

Thundercrackah Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Of course they'll go see it (or proudly tell you they're going to download it).

Then they can open a thousand repetitive topics about things they didn't like in here for the next 3 years.

7. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    of course they will-the haters need something to hate :D 

8. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

The train wreck affect comes to mind. lol

Honestly though I probably will pass on it.
    Personally I couldnt have waited any longer to see part one I saw it like 5 times in the theatre.

I didnt like the movie passed the S7 part aswell for me it just all became a mish mash of rediculous meaningless action.

And having waited 20 + years to see Optimus in completely decked out CG it took a long time to get my head around the fact the movie was pretty bad.

Things like Blackouts reveal were awesome he even looked like he really transforms which is a big plus to me. But he is the only Transformer that mostly transforms in reality.

How do you make a Transformers movie and not make the transformations look real? Basically they just drew up bots with certain cut out parts of the vehicle they were to become and slapped em on and let poor ILM have to fudge the transformations to make it work.

Unless I hear alot of things have gotten better in part 2 I really cant bring my self to see it . I ll wait for it on Blu Ray and maybe rent it. An example the sheer dissapointment on tftm1 is about the same as AVP1 which was also pretty funny for all the wrong reasons. Still havent seen AVPR btw.

9. Bottom Out

Bottom Out Well-Known Member

all of them will

if they were to "have fun with it" it would have ruined the movie. its a lot better that it took itself seriously than if it took itself as a live action cartoon

lol what? the movie has the most realistic transformations of any transformers series to date....just becuase you cant or dont understand the aesthetic doesnt mean it doesnt work

10. razorchrist

razorchrist Sniper

Yes. Now that I've accepted the fact that Bay's "vision" isn't necessarily about the Transformers as much as it is about alien insectoid robots who happen to transform, I don't anticipate being as disappointed with the sequel as I was with the first movie. Meaning, my expectations have already been obliterated in terms of keeping any sense of established history, lore or design style, so I'll be walking into TF2 with the same (lack of) expectations as I would with any big budget blow-em-up summer popcorn flick. And I'm sure it'll deliver.

11. Spoon

Spoon Banned

Why?

12. Paradigm-Shift Prime

Paradigm-Shift Prime Unit Warrior TFW2005 Supporter

Define 'disliked'. It's not like there's two choices here: 1) OMFG that was so horrible I feel like I got raped and 2) OMFG that was teh bestest thing ever, I'm so excited that I'm going to bring all my toys to bed with me tonight and reenact teh awesomeness over and over.

It's not just 'liked' vs. 'disliked' meaning 'total love' vs. 'total hate'.

It's not just either the movie was perfect or it was worse than a Paris Hilton movie.

Yet people always post like it is...

13. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    cause if it was too cartoony, it wouldnt have come off as realistic. the way themovie happened is more or less how id expect things to happen

14. sondril

sondril Well-Known Member

OK, for the first movie I thught the dialog was horrible (worse than most B-movies), the plot was unnecessarily convoluted, the toilet humor was uncalled for, too many human characters (they could have used the money they were shelling out to these actors to give the TF more presence), and the Transformers themselves didn't have enough screen time.

That said, I watched it more times than I'd like to admit and had a blast. I wasn't expecting it to be a classic, so I got what I payed for, which was giant, awesome-looking robots kicking ass.

Since the parts I didn't like about the first movie couldn't possibly be any worse, and the parts I loved about it are going to be WAY stronger, I'll probably watch it until my eyes bleed.

15. razorchrist

razorchrist Sniper

I'd agree if we were talking about actual actors who had some popularity or talent behind them, but they were all no-names to F-List at best. The amount of money it cost to pay these people would probably only equate to about 2 minutes more worth of CGI footage.

Cynicism aside, I think Shia says something on the DVD about how every actor was paid the same amount - around 100K or 150K.

16. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    They will go so they can tell everyone how bad the 2nd one is also.

17. Spoon

Spoon Banned

Is it meant to come off as realistic?
    I mean...Giant Transforming Robots!!!

18. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

This, the first movie was a mixed bag of sorts for me. Parts that I absolutely loved, but parts that I either hate or can just tolerate.

I'll give the sequal a chance, but I'm expecting a sequal exactly like Bad Boys 2. More of the same with less plot and more explosions.

19. jametron

jametron Release the Kraken!!!!!!!

News Credits:
    Of course they'll see it.

Lock 'er up!

20. michael_knight

michael_knight Well-Known Member

Better question is, how DO you make it look real? Exactly how real can you make cars that turn into robots? Sure, the amount of tiny moving parts on some of them was a bit overdone, but if they did it any other way it just wouldn't look right in a live action movie.