Will Alternators be continued?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by maninthebox94, Apr 10, 2009.

1. maninthebox94

maninthebox94 Banned

I loved that toy line, but will it ever be continued?

2. tomboland

tomboland Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    no, alternity has replaced it

3. maninthebox94

maninthebox94 Banned

what is that?

4. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No, I think SDCC Rodimus was the last one made by Hasbro and that was almost two years ago now. Takara has released 4 Binaltechs since then, Convoy, Blue Smokescreen, Silver Jazz, and Arcee (Windcharger repainted pink).

5. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

Smaller (Deluxe sized) versions of typical TF characters that turn into Nissan Sports Cars judging from the two known Alterenity figures: Convoy (Optimus Prime) and Megatron.

Also, Alternators ended back in like, what? 2003? It's been over for over 6 years, the odds of continuing that line are the slimest possible to none.

6. maninthebox94

maninthebox94 Banned

Well, i heard rumors that after the tf movie in 07 that they might start back up that toy line, but i forgot about it. oh well, the new tf toy line (rotf, and 07 movie) look real to life in a way, like bumblebee and stuff.

7. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

Well, the catch with Alternators is that they require licences, and most of the big car mfg's in the Alternatpr line pulled out before long.

The closest thing on the market to Alts is the RPM zords that turn into licenced Toyota vehicles (the Black eagle one makes a decent Alt. Laserbeak)

8. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    Alts started at the end of 2003 and the last one was Hot Rod in 2007 as an exclusive I think.

Personally I hope they keep the line dead. It was cool when it first started but the line was SO boring with one size class and one type of Alt mode.

9. StarSaber79

StarSaber79 Banned

News Credits:
    Sadly I don't think so which sucks because I really want an Alternator toy because I never got one.

10. underwear-ninja

underwear-ninja Eats Gobots for breakfast

I wouldn't mind seeing something similar to it returning, but I'd like to see it in a more apropriate scale/price point (I feel Alternators were ridiculously overpriced)

11. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

I was fortunately to buy all the alternators except for a few repaints that I didn't care for, with the G1 reprolabels to boot. My only regret was not getting the Red Alert from Binaltech so I ended up getting 2 Alt Prowl and using the reprolabel to turn one of them into RA. I also managed to get 2 Mirages at retail (actually 3 but I returned one for crappy decals) and now it's gone way up in price. I do feel for the collectors who missed this awesome line. Yeah the endless repaints blow but in the end these are real life cars that turns into G1-esque toys. What's not to like?

12. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Value to cost is certainly subjective... but Alternators retailed for only $20 in the U.S. :confused: 

So $20 for an adult collectible, officially licensed, exceptionally complex voyager-sized figure. Frankly, I'm not sure how much cheaper they could have made them.

In fact, Hasbro stated that part of the reason they were cancelled was they were too expensive to produce at that price point.

13. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

I was hoping for easy repaints of some much needed mainstays(cough Ratchet and Ironhide cough), but even those seem unlikely now. Though I will say my favorite Alternators are my custom Alts. Nemesis Prime into Trailbreaker, Prowl in Red Alert, and Red Alert into Prowl. My Alternators are the one aspect of my collection that would be the very last thing that I'd sell.

Edit: With the current state of car companies, you'd think the Big Three would be practically giving away/ begging for companies to purchase licenses for their cars.

14. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Overpriced? Alts were $20, Voyagers were $20. Alts were the same size as Voyagers. I'm not seeing the problem.