Will Alt Blaster and Red Alert come to America?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Crimson87, Jan 7, 2006.

1. Crimson87

Crimson87 Senior Member

I say this because I am personally wondering if I should just sit and wait before purchasing these characters. I want them however I'd rather pay $40 at the store than 100$ plus shipping for them online.

If hey did release either of them here would they be new molds or the same as the BT* series? And would Blaster get his American name or keep BroadBlast?

What would you want to change? this is a definate speculation thread.

I'm a big fan of the original series and enjoy the rebirth of these characters in new modern cars. Being such I'm wanting to get as many of the originals, Season 1-4 charcters, as possible. For now I set and wait. After all, there will always be some on ebay down the road.

2. Subotnik

Subotnik Please Stand By.

I wouldn't rule them out, especially Blaster, but I wouldn't expect them for a while. They'd make excellent filler for later waves.

3. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

Blaster as the Scion repaint maybe...

But we already have three Subarus - Smokescreen, Silverstreak and Ricochet (who is incoming) - I doubt they'll give us Alert.

4. KidDynamite

KidDynamite don't know nothing Veteran

I wouldn't count on it.

5. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Super Mod

News Credits:
    The Magic 8 Ball says "All signs point to no!!!":D 

6. Dragstrip85

Dragstrip85 Well-Known Member

Don't be pessimistic. THere's still hope:( 

7. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    eh, I highly highly doubt it. the Blaster repaint would be the only one of the two thats really even possible, I think, and only because we havn't had a remold of skids yet. I however don't like it cause it looks nothing like blaster save his head. The colors honestly aren't even close.

Andy

8. JetBrawn

JetBrawn Intergalactic SUV

I wish Hasbro would repaint the Scion into the same champagne color as the BT blaster, but add the head of Combaticon Brawl. (complete with clear visor)

The oversized carhood chest would really work for him - and add a cool and much needed Decepticon!

9. LEADERS_MATRIX

LEADERS_MATRIX Wisdom of the ages...

I like the Blaster recolor, Orange, and shampanish. :thumbs2:  I bet the way Hasbro likes repaint of obscure bots, that never where anything near a car, :sly2:  (Ravage) it very possible.

10. Crimson87

Crimson87 Senior Member

Even if we don't get a Subaru Red Alert is it likely now that we will get him as a different vehicle?

11. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm fairly sure Aaron Archer said a flat no on a *Subaru* Red Alert.

I don't know off hand if Hasbro have the rights on the name 'Blaster' but i doubt it.

12. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

Blaster...kinda doubt it.

But as for Red Alert, I can see Hasbro keeping the police thing going from Prowl, and repainting him into one of those fire department cruisers with a new head(or simply re-using Sideswipe's for an homage factor), and calling him Red Alert. Or just simply repainting him light blue and yellow, giving him a new head, and calling him Nightbeat :D 

13. Lupis Convoy

Lupis Convoy Paw Prince Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well I hope so, but I have a sneaky suspicion on no...

14. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Prowl was originally designed to be Red Alert.

And a red Alert redeco of Prowl would be way too similar to make any sense at all. That'd be like an Ironhide redeco of Alternators Optimus Prime, or, dunno, a Road Rage redeco of Swerve.

Or a Rollbar redeco of Hound, in green.

15. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Possibly. On a purely speculative level, I can see a Red Alert-from-Prowl two possible ways:

Red Alert could be a "Swerve", and be basically the second remold of Prowl after the primary remold. Like Swerve, it would be mostly a repain of the Prowl mold with only the head changed. (the basic idea here being that Prowl will have been out of stores long enough that a new emergency vehicle won't conflict)

or:

It could be decided that while G1 Red Alert was an emergency vehicle (a Fire Cheif's LAMBO!?), the Alternator verson does not necessarily have to be, becoming a mostly Red Acura with some white trim or something similar.

Back on Topic, I'm guessing Takara and Hasbro will be going different directions for their "pure repaints", So I doubt Alert and Blaster would be in the line, and Sunstreaker will be the only commonality (and quite different between Alt and BTA at that)

16. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    Here's hoping you guys are right.

17. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

You're talking about none to hardly any paint apt changes, and the Rollbar example is just dumb, no offense.

I'm looking at my Alt Prowl, and visualizing everything that's black on him as red, his head swapped out with a Sideswipe head painted red, and I can definitely see him being different enough from Prowl. Besides, their both emergency vehicles, they're supposed to be similiar.

Or if you wanted to make Red really different from Prowl, picture everything white as red, and everything black as white, and the same Sideswipe head. Still works great as a Fire dept. car, since red ones do exist.

I'm just looking at it as Hasbro would, doing it the cheapest and most cost effective way. Remember, they'd probably wanna reuse the whole mold, emergency lights on the roof and all.