will AEC ever get the classics/20th/masterpiece treatment

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Lumpy, Apr 24, 2007.

1. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    so, yeah, whatdya think? 15-20 years from now will we be seeing a masterpiece armada prime? will there be a bunch of 20 somethings on here saying they remembered having hot shot as a kid, and how cool transformers were?

2. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    Probably.

I doubt we'll see anything like a 20th Anniversary Armada Prime, but Armada at least was popular enough to warrant some kind of celebration when it hits the 10 or 20 year mark.

3. KidDynamite

KidDynamite don't know nothing Veteran

Tough to say. Armada was quite successful, but it wasn't a cultural phenomenon in the same way as G1. Beast Wars wasn't either, but it had a better reputation among adult collectors which I suspect was the tipping point in leading to a 10th anniversary series for that. My gut instinct is no, but it's always hard to tell what people will get nostalgic about when they're grown. Who knows.

The thing that really makes me feel old is realizing we're already five years out from the release of Armada...which means we're only five years away from any potential Armada 10th anniversary celebration.

4. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    Yeah I could see it happening. As much as some of us hate to aknowledge it, the kiddies ate up Armada.

5. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    yeah, i cant believe its already been that long since i first found armada prime in stores....

EDIT: wait a minute...we could have 20th anniversary masterpiece minicon JOLT!!!

6. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    and what of the near forgotten RID series? I have no idea how well the series did, but it was the last TF series to air on a major network.

The main problem I see with an RID commemorative line was half the toy line was repaints/remolds of existing figures. Plus a lot of the original molds have been over used since (car brothers, RID prime, Magnus, build team, etc).

As for AEC, yes I think we will see something, perhaps not for the 10th anniversary, but by the 20th sure. In the mean time we'll have to wait for the kids who grew up on AEC to get into college and acquire something called disposable income :p 

7. theLostSeeker

theLostSeeker Well-Known Member

I'd love that.[/SARCASM] And it would come with Bud, so that I can burn/slice/shoot him up with pleasure and put it on youtube. I'd make sure I shave my "stache" first, though…

A Masterpiece Cybertron Optimus Prime would be awesome. Even though it won't be that big of a jump.
    Oh, and Masterpiece Armada Seekers.

8. shockwave2005

shockwave2005 Well-Known Member

I don't know - the treat with the current Masterpiece figures was that there was so much updating to be done - the original G1 figures were bricks.

These late 90's to present TF's though? Well the ones that were done right, were done right. I don't think there would be as high a demand for it.

Personally I think it would be redundant to make a Masterpiece version of Cybertron/Galaxy Force Optimus Prime/Convoy.

9. theLostSeeker

theLostSeeker Well-Known Member

Yeah… That's what I meant by "not that big of a jump". I guess it would be more like a die-cast reissue, or something…

10. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I absolutely LOVED RID. I would much rather see that come back in a commemorative line than Armada.

But I seriously doubt we will see any of that unless they do something else along the lines of Universe repaints. Unless of course we see a Beast Machines commemorative line come out, then I would assume anything could happen.

11. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It's Masterpiece Minicon Nightbeat or nothing as far as i'm concerned.

12. Ramulus

Ramulus Rhinox is my anti-drug TFW2005 Supporter

I'm all for that down the road! RID/Car Robots was one of the best shows IMHO, so I would proudly stroll into the toy store of the moment when I'm in my 50's (in 20 years) and pick up re-issues of Railracer and Bruticus. Hells yeah I would! I have so many fond memories of that summer, driving all over looking for new figures...

My next ultimate dream would be Takara/Hasbro Beast Machine re-issues in five years, with each figure packaged with a chase piece to build Botanica, just like Beast Wars did with Transmutate.

13. Alpha Prime

Alpha Prime Ten Years Strong

I Hope!!!!!!!

14. Kranix2k

Kranix2k Spare me this mockery!! TFW2005 Supporter

Masterpiece Armada Prime? Good Gawd, I hope not. Once was enough for that P.O.S.

And having a Hot Shot would, I hope, not be something I'd brag about.

15. Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus Movie Megs eats your soul

News Credits:
    I can see some send ups in a few years. Maybe a Megatron tank with the horned look? Starscream back with a sword (I suspect the whole swordsman aspect will be dropped from the character following the movie).

If Titanium is still putzing along in another five years, or if Hasbro revives the Universe idea with new molds, we might see select characters get remade/reissued (my picks are Starscream, Megatron, Optimus Prime, Jetfire, maybe Hot Shot and Wheeljack)

16. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Banned

A Masterpiece Armada Prime would be awesome IMO. I've always loved his design, too bad the leader sized version could not live up to the Deluxe. But done in an MP fashion, it'd look great. Like based on the PS2 model or something.

17. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

I seriously hope NOT. RID sure, armada NO.

18. Galvatron397

Galvatron397 Official TFW Omni-Geek

OMG!! I would looove a Masterpiece Bendy Prime!!! Pleeeaaase Hasbro??? :D 

19. Hiro Prime

Hiro Prime Cybertronian Guru Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I want to see MP Beast Wars first.

Think how cool a MP Primal would be with Super articulation and real (meaning realistic) fur covered the beast parts.

Or a MP Megatron with Realistic lizard skin and extras like his Ducky.

20. NemesisPrime

NemesisPrime Banned

The ducky would be a crucial selling point.